PDA

View Full Version : How I told my wife !

Angela d'Evial
06-25-2007, 05:36 PM
How I told my wife.

As I promissed to Chantelle I will tell how I told my wife:

My wife was away on vacation to her family for two weeks and I dressed almost every day , ordered new clothes and joint this site. I enjoyed the time so much that I decided to end the secrecy.

I told it first to my son giving him a 12 page explanation for partners and family (downloaded from the internet). The younger generation have a better knowledge of what is going on , so he was understanding and adviced me to rent the movie "normal " .
Second , I told my daughter and gave her the explanation and the movie.
She was also very supportive but a little more emotional. But she was also glad that I told this very personal secret to her. She never been very close to me , and felt that the relation was improving.

So far so good ,with some experience , now the risky one.

The first day my wife was back I asked her if she had some plans for tomorrow. She said "no ", I said "good , we have to talk about our relation".
I walked around her trying to start but everytime something came in between or she was busy with something. I saw on the internet that a huge storm was coming and she was gardening at 4 pm. She run into the house when it started and I thought it now or never and I started.
I said directly that I was a crossdresser and have an urge to dress as a woman.Direct no B.S. , straight to the point. Gave her the 12 page explanation and told we are going to watch a film tonight. Explained that I don't want to go as far as the man in the film and that I was very happy in my man's body.

My wife was so happy to hear this because after a whole day waiting she was expecting me to say that I spend the two weeks with another woman (in one way I was with Achnes ) and I wanted a divorce.

I think in the years I started to create an imagination in my head of how she would react blocking the courage to tell and stay miserable in the closet.

Like Rod Stewart's song "I wish I knew then what I know now" I would be out of the closed 25 years ago.

Stephenie S
06-25-2007, 06:20 PM
Wonderful!!! You go girl!

Stephie

KandisTX
06-25-2007, 06:23 PM
Wonderful story hon.

Doesn't it feel so much better now that it's out in the open?

Kandis:love:

Jodi
06-25-2007, 06:23 PM
A grave mistake giving her a whole day to stew over things. Don't ever do that to any human being again, let alone your wife. That is inhumane emotional punishment. You owe your wife an apology.

I was an army officer and then a manager in health care. It was a well known ploy on how to really get to a person that you did not like. You informed them sternly on late Friday afternoon that "we have to talk" on Monday morning. That gave them the entire weekend to become an emotional mess. It was done to break people.

Enough said.

Jodi

Angela d'Evial
06-25-2007, 06:30 PM
A grave mistake giving her a whole day to stew over things. Don't ever do that to any human being again, let alone your wife. That is inhumane emotional punishment. You owe your wife an apology.

I was an army officer and then a manager in health care. It was a well known ploy on how to really get to a person that you did not like. You informed them sternly on late Friday afternoon that "we have to talk" on Monday morning. That gave them the entire weekend to become an emotional mess. It was done to break people.

Enough said.

Jodi

You are right Jodi , my boss did it once after I asked for a raise 4 weeks later he said we have to talk later and let me wait until half an hour after my off time and then said no raise!!!
Shame on me , but I didn't know how to start.

Alicia_lynn419
06-25-2007, 11:31 PM
What is the link to the 12 page coming out document you mentioned???

Angela d'Evial
06-26-2007, 12:15 AM
What is the link to the 12 page coming out document you mentioned???

I am sorry it is in a foreign language !

crimsoncage GG
06-26-2007, 08:18 AM
I have to say... it's good that you were finally honest with her but do you think you could have told her before you told the kids. I mean you raise your kids and they move out and move on, if your lucky they call or visit. If you are really lucky they remain in your life for more than holidays after they start their own brood but she is there forever. The woman who takes care of you when you are sick, who bore your children the same woman you promised to honor, cherish and respect.

It is good that you aren't hiding anymore though, I know it took courage to tell her.

Di
06-26-2007, 09:58 AM
Direct .... straight to the point..that is the best way.....glad it went well:hugs: but be aware she might have some ups and downs and more questions....some do but the worst is over.Glad you were finally honest with her.....that has to feel like a huge weight off you.

marie354
06-26-2007, 10:22 AM
Isn't it a great feeling when you don't have to hide things from your family?

I have done the same thing with my 2 brothers, 2 of my GF's daughters, and 2 of my closest friends.
I'm working on how to tell the neighbors. They sold their house and are moving out west, but I'd like to introduce Sandy to the new ones when they move in.
:hugs:

Chantelle CD
06-26-2007, 10:31 AM
Thank you so much for shareing :) it is very important for all involved to share this so important part of our lives with the ones so close to our hearts, I imagine how much better you feel now :)

Valerie
06-26-2007, 10:34 AM
Congratulations to you and your family for moving on. I identify very much with what you say about "knowing then what I know now..." It is great that we still have much of a now to enjoy.
Valerie

Angela d'Evial
06-26-2007, 10:35 AM
I have to say... it's good that you were finally honest with her but do you think you could have told her before you told the kids.

A remark here :

My kids are not at home anymore and I see them once a month.
It was fathers day and my wife was on vacation. It's easier to tell to the younger generation that is more open minded. Once this went well and had the support of my kids in case of disaster I was gaining in confidence to finally tell her. Afterwards I think why didn't I do it earlier ( 25 years ago ) ?

crimsoncage GG
06-26-2007, 11:48 AM
I do understand that Achnes, I am one of the luckier ones. I did get a headsup in advance. Natasha has respect for the courage it takes for you to come out to your wife after an extended period, I respect him because he didn't wait.

disclaimer:I am not meaning any offense to anyone who got married and then found out they liked womens clothes.:happy:

Mitch23
06-26-2007, 02:56 PM
Proud of you

Mitch

Eugenie
06-26-2007, 04:59 PM
I am sorry it is in a foreign language !

Is it in French? Being French I'd love to have that 12 pages document...

If it is in Italian I would also be interested...

In any case I think that you must feel a lot better now...

If I compare with my own situation, you should.

Indeed, my wife has known about two years after we were married (Our 38 years anniversary will be in October this year). Yet it is only when I came out to my daughter and my son (and their compagnons) that I started to feel a lot more free. And that was also the case for my wife who was in fear that "the children might learn"... Now they know and didn't run away...

Love from France.

:hugs:
Eugénie