PDA

View Full Version : A fun and relaxing weekend.

Carin
06-26-2007, 03:40 AM
Well it had been very hectic and stressful for the last few weeks. As you may know, Louise had a stroke four weeks ago. (She is recovering quite well, thank you all for you concerns. She still has right side weakness. Her speech and written expression is recovering quite nicely. Her energy level is still very low, and she is working on rebuilding her confidence. It could have been a lot worse). Besides that, the company is downsizing, shutting down the local offices and moving to a location over an hour away. All of the IT work and some of the facilities work related to this has fallen to me, with a major part due to start the day Louise had her stroke. And my laptop crapped out in the middle of all of this. Such a pain reconfiguring a new computer. Plus the end of school year stuff, with twins graduating High School and getting ready for college. So as you can imagine I've been a tad busy. :Pullhair:

So last weekend Louise and I took Thursday evening through Saturday evening to ourselves at a local hotel. No work, no kids, no distractions. We did not venture out of the hotel too much, after all the idea was to rest and relax. I got the change to dress for much of the time. Oh yes, it is still a great way to destress and relax. It was wonderful.

Louise gave me a pair of her jeans that are too big for her. I have had my eye on them for a while. They felt so great, especially because they came from her. I also got to wear a summer dress and some blouses that I got earlier in the week for the occasion. I even tried on the dress in the store when I bought it. The SA apologized for having to ask me to use the mens changing room to try it on, but I was in drab after all. That was a first for me in a regular dept. store.

On Friday afternoon we went out (me d.r.a.b.) and both got a manicure at a salon I have been using for a few months. I got my usual OPI Hawaiian Orchid polish. A single coat looks great, and is quite unobtrusive. Then we went out to dinner.

The stroke took a hit on Louises conficence level, especially when it comes to the TG stuff. So it was a great opportunity to talk and just spend time together, and let her get re-aquainted with Carin.

She is still the same wonderful person. It is interesting re-covering some old ground.

Thank you for a wonderful weekend sweetheart. :love::kissing::love:

Fab Karen
06-26-2007, 04:46 AM
Didn't know, glad to hear she's doing better. She sounds like a great woman.

Take Care

DonnaT
06-26-2007, 10:41 AM
Nice to hear you had a relaxing weekend Carin.

Sorry to hear about your wife's stroke. I had one on April 30-May 1. Hit the right side. A physical therapist got me started in recovery, strengthening the right side and working on balance. I've found that working out in the pool makes things a little less tiring. And hopping on the weak leg in chest deep water has really helped.

Chantelle CD
06-26-2007, 11:19 AM
I did not know eather, i will send prayers for a speedy recovery Carin.

Karren H
06-26-2007, 11:29 AM
That's great!! You two deserve a great weekend after what you've been through!!!

Karren

Emily Ann Brown
06-26-2007, 11:46 AM
I'll admit to being in the crowd that didn't know....she will be in my nightly prayers now....give her a hug for me.

Emily Ann

Carin's Wife GG
06-26-2007, 03:35 PM
it really has been a stressfull time. Carin truely has been wonderful taking care of me. Slowly I am getting my confidence back.

The weekend was a needed relaxation for both of us. I had not had a chance to be around Carin since the stroke and was a little nervous. I really did enjoy the time we had together, Carin is wonderful!

(I love you too Carin!)

Louise.

Sheri 4242
06-26-2007, 06:38 PM
Thanks for the update! My wife and I have been praying for Louise -- and you, and, well, your whole family since we first learned about the stroke!!! (And, Carin, thanks for the PM, you're right -- it would have been hijacking another's thread to have answered me the other day.)

My wife and I value the contributions you both make on here!!! (Maybe that's why we noticed the conspicuous absence when y'all stopped posting!!!) We send our good thoughts, positive energy, and continued prayers to each of you and your entire family!!!

Love,
Barbara & Val

susie evans
06-26-2007, 07:24 PM
we wish her a speedey recovery and hope you both can get relaxed and back to normal soon

:love: susie

RobertaFermina
06-26-2007, 08:58 PM
I'm so glad to hear from both of you, Carin, Louise !

I am so grateful of your steady recovery...and so glad you can take a time-out and share each other !

Missing you Both !

Love,

:rose: Roberta :rose:

Holly
06-26-2007, 09:26 PM
I'm so glad that the two of you are getting reconnected. And Louise, keep getting stronger. We need you here!

Carin's Wife GG
06-26-2007, 09:38 PM
*reconnecting!*

Louise.

kathy333
06-26-2007, 09:57 PM
Well it had been very hectic and stressful for the last few weeks. As you may know, Louise had a stroke four weeks ago. (She is recovering quite well, thank you all for you concerns. She still has right side weakness. Her speech and written expression is recovering quite nicely. Her energy level is still very low, and she is working on rebuilding her confidence. It could have been a lot worse). Besides that, the company is downsizing, shutting down the local offices and moving to a location over an hour away. All of the IT work and some of the facilities work related to this has fallen to me, with a major part due to start the day Louise had her stroke. And my laptop crapped out in the middle of all of this. Such a pain reconfiguring a new computer. Plus the end of school year stuff, with twins graduating High School and getting ready for college. So as you can imagine I've been a tad busy. :Pullhair:

So last weekend Louise and I took Thursday evening through Saturday evening to ourselves at a local hotel. No work, no kids, no distractions. We did not venture out of the hotel too much, after all the idea was to rest and relax. I got the change to dress for much of the time. Oh yes, it is still a great way to destress and relax. It was wonderful.

Louise gave me a pair of her jeans that are too big for her. I have had my eye on them for a while. They felt so great, especially because they came from her. I also got to wear a summer dress and some blouses that I got earlier in the week for the occasion. I even tried on the dress in the store when I bought it. The SA apologized for having to ask me to use the mens changing room to try it on, but I was in drab after all. That was a first for me in a regular dept. store.

On Friday afternoon we went out (me d.r.a.b.) and both got a manicure at a salon I have been using for a few months. I got my usual OPI Hawaiian Orchid polish. A single coat looks great, and is quite unobtrusive. Then we went out to dinner.

The stroke took a hit on Louises conficence level, especially when it comes to the TG stuff. So it was a great opportunity to talk and just spend time together, and let her get re-aquainted with Carin.

She is still the same wonderful person. It is interesting re-covering some old ground.

Thank you for a wonderful weekend sweetheart. :love::kissing::love:
i'm so glad that you got to spend it with the one you love. because of my crossdressing the girl that i have known since i was five o.k. at the oldest eight is with another "man" i have never found a womwn that takes the feelings that i get out of wareing girls clothes not womens. sorry jut cot back from my birtday dinner with boss and we smoke the levt handed ciggerts :2c:

Mary Morgan
06-26-2007, 10:48 PM
Louise, Glad to see that you are doing well, and back on the road to good health