PDA

View Full Version : At Last (venturing out)

Edwina
06-26-2007, 07:43 AM
:D
AT LAST
After reading your wonderful stories of outings I decided that, I too, was going to venture out as Edwina and interact with other people, allbeit in a small way. I mentioned in another post that I had gone out one rainy day to a nearby shopping center and took pictures of me in my car. I did not get out of the car because of the rain.
I painted my nails red with a hint of glitter in it and wore a red tunic top over my white turtleneck sweater. Black skirt, stockings and black shoes. Another first for me was trimming my eyebrows and using a eyebrow pencil for the first time. Of course, I was wearing my hooded jacket because it was raining :-) which gives me a sense of security when leaving the front door. Why? I don't know.
I walked slowly from the car to the bottle store, (packet store to the majority I think :heehee:) trying to remember to take smallish steps. Then I had to step (daintily) over the low parapit, all under the eye of the one of the two security guards on the door. (The store is in a corner of the shopping center and has only a girl on the cash register so is very vulnerable to robbery).
He then greeted me with a "Good morning Mam" :D and that gave me the lift I needed to go on into the store. I am sure the other one made me as I passed because he said something in a questioning tone of voice to the first one. I selected the bottles I came for and while I was thus occupied I heard the guard say something to the girl on the till who then made a code call ( it included the number 61) over her mic and I guessed she was alerting the store security in the main store but I didn't let that worry me in the least after all I was doing nothing wrong. She was not friendly but polite as I paid with my card and with that I exited and as I did I looked the second guard in the eye, smiled and winked. Perhaps I brightened their otherwise boring day, I hope so.
I was in no hurry as I browsed the window of the shoe shop next door (which of you ladies wouldn't?) but then decided not to push my luck any further and headed back to the car. In my dreams I had thought of going into the main store to buy dog food but in the light of day I decided that I was not quite ready for that. Maybe one day!
Apart from the tremenous feeling of freedom as I stood in that parking area I learned that I pass at a casual glance which is nice to know. To pass closer scrutiny would probably
take a miracle.
Love
Edwina

Karren H
06-26-2007, 08:00 AM
That's sooo cool!!! Don't think I would have had the nerve my first time if there were that much security around!!!

Karren

Stephenie S
06-26-2007, 09:15 AM
Good for you girl.

JoAnnDallas
06-26-2007, 09:44 AM
Congrads......you will find that you will start going out more and more. Kinda addictive. LOL......Now that your out, have fun.

Di
06-26-2007, 09:48 AM
Congrats,good for you !!

Jenna1561
06-26-2007, 12:30 PM
Way to go girl! And a wink at a security gurd - you're a tease aren't you!

Jenna

Mitch23
06-26-2007, 02:53 PM
you'll always remember that moment and you'll never look back - well done hun!

Mitch

LA CINDY LOVE
06-26-2007, 04:02 PM
It is only going to get better love and know that the door is unlock you will have the time of your life.

LA CINDY LOVE

RobertaFermina
06-26-2007, 05:00 PM
Way to go ! Keeping your Nerve in the face of that Code Call!
In fact you are doing everything right.
It is perfectly sensible to be tentative against going all-out on your first outing, as long as the little puppy isn't starving, you can shop there another day/way.

:hugs:

:rose: Roberta :rose:

Alex!
06-26-2007, 05:31 PM
Yay! It is an exciting experience, isn't it? It is also strangely calming, as if it is no big deal to take the leap in the first place. On the other hand it is nice to do so with friends in tow...

Alice B
06-26-2007, 06:18 PM
More than just cool. Took a lot of guts to be that calm. Looking forward to my first venture out in August, but at least I'll have the company of another from this forumn and her wife.:hugs:

Holly
06-26-2007, 06:19 PM
In some ways it is kind of anti-climatic, isn't it? Congratulations to you Edwina!

Deanna2
06-26-2007, 06:32 PM
Good for you. It is only going to get better.

susie evans
06-26-2007, 07:27 PM
glad you had a good safe experiance it gets easer with time have fun :hugs:

susie

Edwina
07-03-2007, 01:39 PM
Thank you all soo much and especially Karren to have that response is fantastic
:happy:
I have been back to the scene of the "crime" and I wondered how I ever came to do it in the first place :heehee:
Still I think I might just do it again some day.
:hugs:

Love
Edwina

Patricia Danielle
07-04-2007, 05:24 AM
I'm still wound up from my first out in a skirt. It was a fantasy come true. Glad yours went good. I hope to do it again soon, working for small recording studios some of the things I see people wear is beyond discription so me in a skirt is no big deal. Patricia..