PDA

View Full Version : People at the Mall

Valerie Nicole
06-26-2007, 12:31 PM
A few days ago I was at the mall...for once not looking at clothes. This was a game/book trip. I ended up getting a book, but that is all beside the point. The point is that as I walked by a clothing store that had sundresses towards the front, I saw a young man and woman (my guess is about my age). At first this was no big deal, but then I noticed that this scene appeared very familiar.

It reminded me of the time a friend of mine took me shopping for sundresses (for myself). The way he was holding it up was exactly what my friend had had me do so she could estimate whether it would fit or not. And his friend was looking at him the same why my friend had looked at me. I know that from such a small amount of information its impossible to reach a reliable conclusion, its just got me thinking. Right there, I might have seen a sister CD, and neither of us will ever know it.

This really got me thinking that anybody I see could be just like me. What do the statistics say? 1-5% of the population? That means one in every 20 to 100 people, and given the number that were at the mall that day, there were bound to be others there like me. I don't really know where I'm going with this, its just the first time I realized, by which I mean full realization, that I'm not alone and I don't have to be alone. I know that will sound weird considering how long I've been coming here, but as far as I know, I've never met or seen another person like me face to face.

Just a little rant. Thanks for listening.

Jenna1561
06-26-2007, 12:36 PM
Valerie, that's a neat story. I don't know if I've ever been in the vicinity of another CD/TG/TS other than at meetings or activities. I think it would be neat to "bump" into one, but I don't know if I'd recognize her for what she is. Like most people, I'm pretty self-absorbed when out.

Jenna

Kate Simmons
06-26-2007, 01:15 PM
"We" are all over Valerie. I don't give it a second thought myself really. I just have a kind of "live and let live" attitude and if someone else is having fun buying clothes or just being themself, I think that is pretty cool. You never know.:happy:

Karren H
06-26-2007, 01:21 PM
Unverifiable statistics are always fun to play games with but no one know for sure.. And if it were that high... You think that I'd run into a few at the dress sales racks, wouldn't you?

Guess if only a fraction are out of the closet (never heard anything on that) and they don't shop at the same time or the same places I do... Would be like trying to bump into another crossdressing hockey player at the sporting goods store!! Lol

"Why yes that pink tape looks great on your new stick".. But it clashes with your helmet... And those sholder pads..... girl...... Not the style this year!!". Hehe

Karren

Marla S
06-26-2007, 01:29 PM
According to my statistics and observations, I must be the only CD on earth.
I live next to a mall. I have seen maybe one half CD in the pentyhose department :D But maybe I am just too self absorbed and usually I don't care what people look for :strugglin

Chantelle CD
06-26-2007, 01:58 PM
I think if we really knew the number it would be shocking. i bet there are a lot of cross dressers out there, probably stay at home dressers, and on line shopping is so easy, you can get just about anything on line these days, so the need to shop at the malls are all but gone. The ones that do go out are so good at what they do, they blend in so well i dont notice them.

I bet if you take almost any man, dress him up femme so well, with the works, he will experience femininity, and what to dress again. The ones that are so macho, and homophobic, will not even let you, LoL

I see lots of men poking around the thrift stores in the womans section, and just the other day saw a group of 4 men trying on womans heals, they made a total mess of the shoe rack too hahah, There is a lot of us, even if they only tried on there wifes panties or just a few of there things, want to more but never do it.

Also think this because of the high number of guests on this forum, compared to members, its always so much higher, people that are doing it, but still in fear of it, but cant help there curiosity. And want to do it more, looking for approval, and just how widely done it is, so they can do it more and feel better about it. Read on my guest friends :) it feels great, i love it, Do what feels GOOD :)

Fab Karen
06-26-2007, 02:08 PM
Guess if only a fraction are out of the closet (never heard anything on that) and they don't shop at the same time or the same places I do... Would be like trying to bump into another crossdressing hockey player at the sporting goods store!! Lol

Karren
I live in a large city. You could live down the street from someone for ten years & never meet them.

Karren H
06-26-2007, 02:39 PM
I live in a large city. You could live down the street from someone for ten years & never meet them.

Sooo true!! There are people across the street that we don't know and we've llived there 25 years.. I think we need something more scientific!!!

Like a show of hands!! Ok... Everyone who is a crossdresser raise your left hand...... One..... Everyone else your right...... Looks like 100% where I'm setting!! Hehe

Karren

Mitch23
06-26-2007, 02:48 PM
Valerie - at the mall and not looking at clothes - what's the matter with you :->

Mitch

Valerie Nicole
06-26-2007, 02:52 PM
Valerie - at the mall and not looking at clothes - what's the matter with you :->

Mitch

Well I was going to look at clothes if I didn't find a game or book to buy. Unfortunately, I managed to find a book, and I knew if I looked at clothes after that, I would end up buying something, and I just don't have that much money to spare.

Cai
06-26-2007, 02:56 PM
The pictures I see of all the girls here make me think that there could be lots of CDers out there, and they just pass so well that I don't see them. Because I'd say at least a solid half of the pictures I've seen, I wouldn't have known them for anything other than a pic of a GG.

Alex!
06-26-2007, 05:38 PM
I think crossdressing in all its various forms is probably more common than most would think. I would be surprised if we were in the minority, especially given how men constantly think about sex (and all that involves) :)

I know a few crossdressers who have very high profile jobs in DC, for instance. I figured the odds on that were slim...

serinalynn
06-26-2007, 06:06 PM

Mitch

Yeah Valerie whats the matter with you When I go to the mall its for the clothes. Last week end Lane Bryant had a 40% sale on everything in the store. So I bought and with the 40% plus a coupon Lane Bryant E-mailed, I save over $65 on what I bought. I was standing at one sale rack with 2 women checking out every thing on the rack, no one said a word. I moved to another rack and one of the ladies followed me there. still just making eye contact and not saying anything. after about an hour and a half of shopping and trying things on in the fitting room I went to check out and the same woman followed me to the check out counter. I reached in to a pocket and took out 2 E-mailed coupons, I gave one to the SA and the other to the lady behind me in the check out counter and told her she could save $25 with a minimum purchas of $75 dollars or more. on the way out of the store I got a hug and a light kiss on the cheek for saving her $25 dollars.

Alice B
06-26-2007, 06:12 PM
Interesting observation and I'm sure you got it right. I find myself checking out men in woman's clothing stores to see if they are shopping for themself, even if with a female and noting the looks of others that check me out. Fun as I get more and more bold as to who I am.:happy:

chellebaby
06-26-2007, 06:19 PM
Maybe we should all get those little rubber band bracelets that are so popular. If for no other reason than to meet friends with like minded interests. Cause I know none of my friends would think of dressing in anything remotely female... even the females.

Hugs
Michelle

serinalynn
06-26-2007, 06:19 PM
I think crossdressing in all its various forms is probably more common than most would think. I would be surprised if we were in the minority, especially given how men constantly think about sex (and all that involves) :)

I know a few crossdressers who have very high profile jobs in DC, for instance. I figured the odds on that were slim...

I read once that 75% of the male population has at least tried on womens panties. Just tring on a pair of panties probally doesn't make someone a crossdressser.I would think that just trying a pair of womens panties would leave a special feeling in their minds. I did for me at age 11.

susie evans
06-26-2007, 07:32 PM
i used to see if i could see any other men looking at womens clothes now i am trying to get to the sales rack befor karren gets all the good skirts on sale :heehee:

susie

rachellenicole
06-26-2007, 08:35 PM
I truly believe that that there is a much higher percentage of crossdressers than most people think. Most outwardly macho, but wanta-be feminine guys will never admit in a questionare or poll, to crossdressing. Oh well!!

It does make me wonder, when I'm out shopping and see men in the womens departments.... any one else wearing pink panties???

Rachelle

trannie T
06-26-2007, 08:58 PM
Let's start a poll on this site, "Are You a Crossdresser?" I bet that over 50% will vote yes!

Chantelle CD
06-27-2007, 03:57 AM
Let's start a poll on this site, "Are You a Crossdresser?" I bet that over 50% will vote yes!

this is a good idea, and make it so guests can pole too!!

Shelly Preston
06-27-2007, 04:36 AM

You really think over 50 % will vote yes on a crossdressing site

Amazing ???:rolleyes:

battybattybats
06-27-2007, 05:58 AM
The latest Aussie census results came out today. There had been a concerted effort by some LGBT groups to get sexuality on to the form as an optional question which, if they had succeeded, would have generated some interesting statistics as it would only have garnered results from those substantially and comfortably out it would have been a minimum number.

I wonder though.. in epidemiology there are accepted ways of gaining statistics that were recently used to get allegedly more reliable estimates of the civilian casualty rates in Iraq than from the numbers being officially reported.. anyone here with a working knowledge of statistics that might help us find a way of getting reasonably good ballpark figures despite the numbers of us in hiding? It'd be good to get a statistically reliable number for once.

In fact, it could do a lot of good in raising public awareness if it were done through academic channels.

Kimberly
06-27-2007, 08:07 AM
What do the statistics say? 1-5% of the population? That means one in every 20 to 100 people, and given the number that were at the mall that day, there were bound to be others there like me.
I'm not sure about this statistic!! ... but I suppose the problem is that you can never tell.

I believe I've only had a similar experience once in my hometown -- I was shopping in a shoe shop, and saw a guy looking at heeled boots. He looked pretty nervous, bless him, and quickly walked out.

The thing is -- I'm very much out at my drama college, and I'm pretty sure that people would tell me if they CD, or I would know of people like me... I only know of one other person!! Although, I did hear that a guy the year lower than me at A level went out en femme!! So... Here's to me going out in my home town!! (Something I'm yet to do!) xx

Kate Simmons
06-27-2007, 08:16 AM
Hmm--I wonder if being a cross/crossdresser would count?:heehee:

SANDRA MICHELLE
06-27-2007, 09:50 AM
I also think that I am too self absorbed when I am shopping at the mall so IO don't really notice others. My wife and I were at sams club last week and saw a 6 foot tall guy in womans clothes, she had long blonde hair, her own and a modest amount of make-up but it was surely a man. My wife commented on his appearance and said he was not making enough attempt at passing. I told her that maybe thats all she hopes for and give her a break.

Sugar
06-27-2007, 11:04 AM
Great post Shelly_P!!

I LMAO!! :GE:

Patricia Danielle
06-29-2007, 09:53 PM
Yep it's kind of like the strange looks ya get when ya go to sears and I had two long nylon nightgowns a full slip and two dresses two 48 inch pipe wrenches a 3/4 inch drive socket set and air impact wrench. The guy at the counter asked me about it, I said I always wear night gowns while I'm tearing in to my 9610 combine the nylon slides on the metal so easiley. I thought he was going to faint. It was deffinatly a kodak moment.. Patricia..:drink: I have coffee life is good..

Billijo49504
06-29-2007, 10:16 PM
Karren, my left hand is waving at you....BJ
ps. I see a lot of male ppl at the verious stores. And Victoria Secret claims that 60% of their card holders are men. Just a thought.

Carin
06-30-2007, 01:59 AM
I would say that what you see is just the tip of the iceberg. Take this thread. Currently 27 replies, over 1100 views.

How many will never let on to their SOs, GFs or anybody else? How many will deny their own inclinations? Those of us who have stepped out into the open do so with much hesitation. We blaze a trail one step at a time. (OK, hockey Hutton takes BIG steps - no offence Karren :happy:).

Oddlee
06-30-2007, 02:30 AM
Maybe we should all get those little rubber band bracelets that are so popular. If for no other reason than to meet friends with like minded interests. Cause I know none of my friends would think of dressing in anything remotely female... even the females.

Hugs
Michelle

I like it - the secret sign of a thread a couple weeks back: chartruese, or maybe magenta (my vote for the former) - with CD CD CD repeated around the band...

Lee