PDA

View Full Version : Transgender Float at SF LBGT Pride 2007

RobertaFermina
06-26-2007, 01:57 PM
Wow what a year ! ...and it isn't half over yet !

From stepping out at the TGSF Cotillion this January, I just marched with the TGSF+IRLM Float in the San Francisco Pride Parade, and served beverages in the TGSF Booth.

The Message of the Float was Justice, and balancing Hope, Family, Freedom, Growth etc. against Hate, Prejudice, Murder etc. The Float centerpiece was the Scales of Justice.

I got to walk alongside the float and wave to the onlookers. I really saw into their faces and eyes - had a few kisses blown my way, and returned as many, was invited to the side for a few high-fives - OH Girl !

I realized that we were standing up for everyone to be free to be who they are, and I fell in love with all the different people, in all their shapes and sizes...and the further I walked I realized that being who I was, I was standing firm and still, and THEY were the parade going by! What a wonderful connection..

Being dressed colorfully, and feeling the excitement and speaking freely to people, others were attracted to me to chat, touch, and have their pictures taken with me.

IF Y0U WANT TO BE CELEBRATED FOR BEING WHO YOU ARE...GO TO A PRIDE CELEBRATION NEAR YOU ! San Francisco was a two day Celebration of Freedo m and respect.

I know I am changed...could this cloud be more Pink ?

a few pix here --> http://home.netcom.com/~robertafermina/id21.html

:rose: Roberta :rose:

Jannette H
06-26-2007, 02:13 PM
RobertaFermina

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!:love:

Joy Carter
06-26-2007, 02:19 PM
Nice to be free isn't it Roberta ? :D

sterling12
06-26-2007, 04:36 PM
You are out, out, OUT, of that closet. Ain't it a grand feeling?

Peace and Love, Joanie

AllieSF
06-26-2007, 07:31 PM
Nice pics! Hehehehe!! You look fabulous in your hat with the pink boa.

RobertaFermina
06-26-2007, 08:28 PM
Nice pics! Hehehehe!! You look fabulous in your hat with the pink boa.

Right On, Alli! I should have given you credit......(I just did!)

Alli is the photographer of record for the Pride Pics on my site....and to think I could have turned her camera back on her and her smart blouse, skirt and sweater Ensemble !

Di
06-26-2007, 09:10 PM
Wow what a year ! ...and it isn't half over yet

Awesome !!!! Love reading all you have been doing :^5: And loved the pics too:D

battybattybats
06-27-2007, 05:16 AM
You do us all proud and you do us all a great and profound service!

You have my most gracious thanks!