PDA

View Full Version : Finally went shopping

chellebaby
06-26-2007, 06:07 PM
I went out last night with my wife and Mother in law. We had to go to Walmart and get a phone card for my cell and they wanted to check the clothing department. I was in a totally Michelle mood, no lurking of my male ego, and I was driving in my new five inch heels. My mother in law is fairly open minded but I almost drove off the road when she suddenly exclaimed "Are you driving in heels?" I was laughing so hard I was crying. I looked back and said "Yea... why?" Like it was the most normal thing in the world. They were doing they're shopping and I was browsing the section as well when I saw a bunch of stuff I liked. Stupid me I forgot my money at home. Why would I need more then enough for my phone card after all...Duh! So my wife and I went back today and i suddenly realized that I forgot one important fact, tops don't do anything unless you have bottoms to go with them. So after looking for a skirt for over an hour I gave up and went over to target. CLEARANCE! WOHOO! I found the most adorable skirt for nine dollars and a top for five. So here I am grinning from ear to ear when some small minded person looks right at me and calls me a freak. Temper controlled I just sweetly smiled, let my fem voice out and told her, "Who's a bigger freak, me for being enlightened enough to wear what I think is comfortable? Or you who is wearing that darling little pant suit, styled completely from 'mens' wear, and thinking she is fabulously fem?" I don't think I've ever felt quite so perky after that.

However I chickened out at the check out stand. One run in with small mindedness was enough for the day I think. My wife didn't even ask, she is so great, she just fished in my pocket, took my cash and purchases and told me to put the boys in the car. I really don't understand why people are so small minded that the think clothing is gender specific. Its cloth and buttons and leather. Besides, I'm not asking them to wear something they don't like I don't see why anyone else should be made to conform to the standards of the masses. But at least I got a new skirt!:D

Hugs
Michelle