PDA

View Full Version : Shop or shrivel up!!

Kelsy
06-26-2007, 07:00 PM
I have been feeling a little deprived lately, Due to slow economic times for me and some serious upcoming financial obligations , my daughter's wedding, a tax bill, along with contemplating a move to Texas, money has gotten real tight all of a sudden. Now that is making me very depressed because my shopping budget has all but dried up. I have always had the means to buy the pretty things I have wanted but that has come to an end. One of my greatest joys – a sustaining joy – has been shopping. I have this dreadful feeling that if I can’t shop I will shrivel up!! What’s a poor girl suppose to do????

Jennifer:sad:

SandyR
06-26-2007, 07:10 PM
I know that one, but here is what I find seem to lessen the pain a bit.

When the family is gone I spread out my cloths on the bed, take a good at all the cool stuff I have and start to place things with other things, you know take a skirt, add a bluse, some shoes....see how it looks, mix it up a bit! Then I head off to Target, or Walmart and find some in-expensive things to go with my "adjusted" cloths. You know, new necklace, new pair of hose, earrings, etc.

Seems to help me over the hump.

Hugs.

SandyR

Holly
06-26-2007, 07:12 PM
Well, we could always do each others nails! Maybe time to look for new joys?

Joy Carter
06-26-2007, 07:14 PM
Oh I'm so there with you Jennifer. Would watching soap opperas help us ?:heehee:

Kelsy
06-26-2007, 07:30 PM
I know that one, but here is what I find seem to lessen the pain a bit.

When the family is gone I spread out my cloths on the bed, take a good at all the cool stuff I have and start to place things with other things, you know take a skirt, add a bluse, some shoes....see how it looks, mix it up a bit! Then I head off to Target, or Walmart and find some in-expensive things to go with my "adjusted" cloths. You know, new necklace, new pair of hose, earrings, etc.

Seems to help me over the hump.

Hugs.

SandyR

Well, we could always do each others nails! Maybe time to look for new joys?

Thanks ladies!

both great ideas - Sandy I was going to try to make some jewelry and cheeply accessorize what I have and Holly I have been into my nails lately and have the prettiest pink toe nails and a nice set of natural fingernails i've been growing - they do make me happy!!:happy:
:hugs:Jennifer

Jennifer:happy:

SandyR
06-26-2007, 07:32 PM
Cool! Always focus on the positives,,,,makes me smile....

Hang in there Hun!

Hugs.

SandyR

Kelsy
06-26-2007, 07:32 PM
Oh I'm so there with you Jennifer. Would watching soap opperas help us ?:heehee:

Hi Joy!

Maybe a real tear jerker might help:happy:

Jennifer:D

Jannette H
06-26-2007, 07:46 PM
Jennifer
It happens to all of us sometimes. I had mine last year I was barley making it and didn't have any to spend on Jannette not fun I know. Think positive, be positive.

SandyR
06-26-2007, 08:05 PM
Jennifer,

I would suggest "Lake House" Gets me every time.

SandyR

Dixie
06-28-2007, 08:07 AM
You can always hit the thrift shops, the one we go to frequently has new never worn clothes on their racks.:drink:

Wendy me
06-28-2007, 08:15 AM
OK well if you can't shop then you could always............................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .............................????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????? don't know ........ at a loss for words .... this is truly a disaster no shopping ??? .................

Emily Ann Brown
06-28-2007, 09:08 AM
How about taking tons of photos? Celebrate who you are with the stuff you have.

Emily Ann

Emeralddragon
06-28-2007, 10:08 AM
Thrift stores are the way to go. Things cost next to nothing and you spend ages looking for the good stuff so by the time you leave the third shop not only have you spent less than you can count on two hands but its too late in the day to hit another.

DonnaT
06-28-2007, 11:26 AM
Well, you can still shop. No one said you had to buy anything, trying on lots of items in lots of stores may help.

Mitch23
06-28-2007, 01:54 PM
thrift shops? Great pleasure in picking out a real bargain. Also I spend hours shopping and never actually but anything

Mitch

Kelsy
06-28-2007, 06:33 PM
Thanks everyone for all the encouragement!! I love thrift shops and all I need is to find one or two treasures to make me feel better. I guess I am just a spoiled girl who needs to adjust a bit!!!:D

Jennifer:happy:

Toyah
06-28-2007, 06:47 PM
I think enjoy and use what you have, mix and match and maybe re style some things get the sewing machine out :hugs:

Kelsy
06-28-2007, 06:50 PM
get the sewing machine out :hugs:

I wish I had one!!!:happy:

Jennifer