PDA

View Full Version : Mail comment

Phyliss
06-27-2007, 05:31 AM
....and so the afternoon mail arrives and in it we have the latest Lane Bryant "Woman Within" catalog, the Roamans catalog, the Just My Size catalog, and one from One Hanes Place.
Normally I used to hide them quickly and look through them when I was alone, and simply dream about what I could wear.
This time, I brought them into the living room for my wife to look at. I said to her, "Here's some picture books for you to check out. If you don't see anything you like, don't toss them, I haven't checked them out yet myself."
Her answer? a simple, "Oh, Ok" Not a big deal anymore.
She found some "swim dresses" she's interested in and I happened to see some cute blouses I might like. Gonna have to place an order today.
So, I guess catalog shopping is now OK with her. My next step is to get her into the store with me.
Lots of little steps to make the trip.

Jocelyn Quivers
06-27-2007, 08:27 AM
That's excellent. Hopefully that shopping trip will be here before you know it. Jocelyn

SANDRA MICHELLE
06-27-2007, 09:38 AM
My wife and I share newport news store mags and we both get fredericks and victoria secret mags. We circle items that we want and frequently surprise eachother with the picked items of the day. We have differant taste in clothes but we have a lot of the same nighties and my selection of panties is much better than hers, she often comments on my collection as being much sexier than hers.

serinalynn
06-27-2007, 09:49 AM
:heehee:Back in 2002 my wife took me to a Lane Bryant store and since then Ive been a regular customer. I've been to 4 of the 6 stores in this area and all are a little different but all have thing i like to wear. :heehee:

Frankie-Dear
06-27-2007, 09:57 AM
One step at a time, Phyllis! You GO, gurl!!! :thumbsup:

JoAnnDallas
06-27-2007, 10:52 AM
I get fashion catalogs in all the time and they are in my name. Wife knows and is OK with it. I remember one day we were over at my sister's house, when my sister asked my wife if she had a certain catalog. She said NO, but I did. My sister did not blink a eye and asked if she could borrow mine, I said Sure. The funny part is her granddaughter was sitting there and she kept mouthing OMG OMG. Then my sister turned to her and told her how I got on the fashion catalog mail list.

Karren H
06-27-2007, 11:09 AM
Pretty cool!!! Too bad my wifes taste in womens clothing doesn't match mine... Lol. She has her cataloges... Which btw she doesn't order anything online anyway... And I get all the sale ads since I but everything locally...

Equal but separate!! Well kind of.. :)

Karren

susie evans
06-27-2007, 07:53 PM
i used to dream about the day when my wife would go shopping with me dressed and now that she does it cost's twice but.......hey....thats part of the price we pay for enjoying the best of both worlds :heehee:

susie

Phyliss
06-27-2007, 08:55 PM
Thanks for the comments. Earlier this evening I did place an order with Lane Bryant and Roamans both. Wife wanted a swim dress in L.B. but it was no longer available in her size (36W) , However I did see some nice "T" shirts and some pretty night gowns. Since I was on the phone and willing to spend money, I figured ,"why not".
It was nice to that I was also able to order from Roamans with the same phone call. L.B. and Roamans are the same company. Why two different names I don't know.

Billijo49504
06-27-2007, 11:24 PM
Susie, as you said, that is the price of enjoying shopping with the wife. You get to pay for both of you, but it's worth it. The last time we went to the Lane Bryant stre, It cost me $180+, but it was worth it. I got a pr of shorts anda top, and she got the rest...BJ