PDA

View Full Version : shopping at the mall

SANDRA MICHELLE
06-27-2007, 09:59 AM
I was out en-femme the other day at aurora factory outlet mall and was laughed at by a couple of young girls, maybe late teens or early 20's. I had on a skirt and tee along with wedge heels with full make-up. I think that I did a very good job of appearance and was minding my own business so I don't believe I should have gotten laughed at. As I walked by them they started to laugh very loudly so I turned around and confronted them with there rude behavior. I am not one to shy away from contraversy and felt it appropriate to put them in there place with there ignorance of our society. I told them that I was a crossdresser and that I did nothing to deserve there laughter since I was not hurting them or infringing on there space. They needed to be civil to all no matter what they looked like or dressed like, how would they feel if they found out that there father was a crossdresser and did they know enough about us to be able to pass judgement on me by the ridicule they heaped on me? Well enough for lifes little lessons I told them as I walked off tall and proud to be who I am.

DonnaT
06-27-2007, 10:05 AM
Good for you Sandra.

Did they have any reply?

Dixie
06-27-2007, 10:07 AM
WOW! A full on confrontation with the dreaded teenaged girls,.......and you lived to tell the tale. Good for you!

Gisele
06-27-2007, 10:25 AM
Way to go!!

Well, what was their reaction after you told them off?

julie w
06-27-2007, 05:15 PM
I have been laughed at twice once in the four seasons hotel having dinner
with a cd friend and once on the street both by teenage girls.
Dont worry about teenage girls they are just as nasty with other girls in fact worse , Its always amazed me how catty women are to each other .

Toyah
06-27-2007, 05:58 PM
I am sorry but should you be really surprised ? we are not accepted accept it

morrisworful
06-27-2007, 06:07 PM
People are afraid of the unknown. Most people don't have open minds and teenage girls laugh at everything. I am a gg and I was laughed and talked about all threw highschool for no reason, I wish I would have had the nerve to confront my tounters. You go Girl!

Natashadolly
06-27-2007, 06:53 PM
Small minded people.And being teenagers dont help.But its ok you do what you want to do that makes you happy.Thats what is important.

Kaitlyn Michele
06-27-2007, 11:46 PM
Loved your story......luv the way you handled ...

i think we all would handle in a different way and your way really is impressive!!!

Alice B
06-28-2007, 12:11 AM
Damm! You the woman!:hugs:

Emilia
06-28-2007, 02:42 AM
I appreciate you sharing your story, but it leaves me with one important question… WHAT DID YOU BUY?!?!?! :tongueout

I live very near that outlet mall, but I’ve only shopped there once, and not for women’s clothes. The other couple times I went (one weekend and once by the holidays) it was just too crowded and I gave up.

As for the teenage girls, it was definitely rude, but we can’t forget that sometimes we’ll laugh at something that makes us uncomfortable, or that we aren’t accustomed to, but it was good to put them in their place too.

K

SANDRA MICHELLE
06-28-2007, 10:22 AM
Well a little more info for all that replied to my mall post! The girls were dumbfounded that anyone would confront them and couldn't get a cogent word out in the time I allowed for a response. They were probably closer to there 20's so they should have been much more accepting of the situation and thats why I decided to berate them. As for what did I buy at the stores, I was shut out on any buying, just never really liked much at these outlet stores but I go there often since it is a great place to stretch my legs in heels. I really don't get concerned about what people think so I like the ability to walk around and shop while dressed. I like the Springhill mall up on Route 31 North of Elgin the most, I shop the VS often there so look me up some time.
Love
Sandra Michelle

Tiffy
06-28-2007, 10:47 AM
Well done hun, I think I would have melted into the floor.

Tiffany

Angie G
06-28-2007, 11:11 AM
Well you go girl good for you hun :hugs:
Angie

MsJanessa
06-28-2007, 01:45 PM
Actually I bet after you confronted them they could have melted into the floor---I'll never forget one night I was out with a GG friend of mine and we pasted a man and his girlfriend---who, togather with the guy, was very overweight. The guy said in a very loud voice---"HEY, YOU'RE A DUDE" at which my GG freind whirled on him and shouted back "AT LEAST SHE'S NOT A FAT UGLY CHICK"---the guy looked like he could have melted into the side walk.