PDA

View Full Version : Got "ma'am"...again...while in DRAB!

ChristineRenee
06-27-2007, 04:28 PM
Thought you girls might enjoy this one...I sure did!:p

I went to the grocery store today for a quick run. The checkout line I was in was somewhat busy so one of the cashiers, a young black woman who was very sweet and friendly says to me..."I can take you over here ma'am!" LOL!

Now...I am...for all intents and purposes...in drab...although I was wearing women's jean shorts which are basically unisex...but I had a male top on and my hair is cut short in a male hairstyle. Guess it must have been the pierced ears and the shaved legs then eh? :p I didn't bother to correct her either and just pushed my cart over to her lane...with a you-know-what eating grin on my face! :D

This seems to happen to me more and more lately...even when I'm with my wife, who finds it pretty humorous too. Not out enfemme...not making any attempt to pass...and I get ma'amed anyway...not too bad eh girls? :p

Toyah
06-27-2007, 04:32 PM
Maybe it was your boobs poking her nose that gave you away hun :hugs:

Wendy me
06-27-2007, 06:18 PM
sis very cool .... bet she was the only cashier to get a tip.......

Holly
06-27-2007, 06:34 PM
Why am I not surprised? :rolleyes:

Di
06-27-2007, 06:39 PM
This seems to happen to me more and more lately...even when I'm with my wife, who finds it pretty humorous too. Not out enfemme...not making any attempt to pass...and I get ma'amed anyway...not too bad eh girls? :p

Not bad at all Ma'am:D

Kristen Marie
06-27-2007, 08:26 PM
An unexpected ma'am or hon is always appreciated. I was buying some make-up when I was in Vegas and this was my second time back to the same associate. The sales associate would great the other guys as sir, but when she came to me, she called me hon, just like she called some of the other gals. Wow, was that special.

Alex!
06-27-2007, 10:47 PM
It sounds like you didn't mind.

It would really bother me if I was mistaken for a woman when in guy mode. Indeed, I can't imagine that happening because I am obviously male 99 percent of the time.

Seems like several folks here like to stradle the gender divide. I find that interesting.

Billijo49504
06-27-2007, 10:58 PM
The other day, the wife and I were at the grocery store, I wrote a check for more than the $25 over. She had to call for permission to take the check. But when she called the boss, she kept referring to she and her, when talking about me. So I would guess she figured the wife and I were a Liz couple. Hmmm! That makes me wonder...BJ

ChristineRenee
06-28-2007, 04:11 AM
It sounds like you didn't mind.

It would really bother me if I was mistaken for a woman when in guy mode. Indeed, I can't imagine that happening because I am obviously male 99 percent of the time.

Seems like several folks here like to stradle the gender divide. I find that interesting.That's a good point to discuss here. I'm dual gendered and also on female hormones. I have feminized my outer self I guess to where there is some ambiguity for some as to whether I am male or female. They aren't completely sure I guess that I am still male...even in male mode. Yes...I really don't mind...in fact on some levels I find it somewhat satisfying that Chrissie is now being recognized outwardly without having to outwardly "present" her in a very public feminine way...i.e....attire. It is just me...being me. A composite male/female. Bruce and Chrissie together as one. Since I am not "out" publicly and officially to the outside world, it is kind of a way for me to let others know that I am not all male...and not in any way bothered by that but that I actually embrace it. Hence...how I react now to being "ma'amed" in public while largely in male mode. I don't view it as an insult to my maleness as I am secure and comfortable with the person that I truly am.

I hope this helps makes some sense to all of you with respect to my thread and how I react and feel about being recognized occasionally as female...even while in male mode. :happy:

Wendy me
06-28-2007, 04:39 AM
Sis i know what your saying and i know just how important Chrissie is in your life even though "HE" or "HIM" has a need or at lest a place ... it's always nice to have touch of Chrissie with you all the time ....

like you said your OK with being ma'amed in the "HIM" mode
that's what we all try to do right??? be comfy in being who we are........

TrueGemini'sWife GG
06-28-2007, 07:06 AM
I think Toyah is on to something..

Or is it that "wiggle in your walk and a giggle in your talk?"

Or is it just the blonde coming out?

So many questions and just one answer..
It's just you being you, Cub!
"Little Tart"
:D

ChristineRenee
06-28-2007, 07:49 AM
LOL...ok y'alllll.....

Toyah...hey...my boobs aren't THAT big hun! I'd have had to have been pretty upclose and personal...and verrrrry sa-millyer...for that! :p

Wendy...no tip sis...maybe I should have though! But yeah...it was surely a nice feeling that Chrissie continues to find her way out of the internal GM closet that she's housed in! Comfy...very comfy indeedy! :happy:

Holly mom...why am I sooooo not surprised that you are not surprised? Thanks Big Sis! :hugs:

Di...thanks sweetie...not too bad indeed! :hugs:

Kristen...oh yes...tis special for sure isn't it?

Andrea...it is interesting. Funny how life works out sometimes.

BilliJo...a lez couple? Well...it keeps em guessing eh? :p

True Gemini's Wife...Oh Pattie Anne...my Moomy Bear...youse duz know yer lil Cub quite well now don't youse? :heehee: And thank you! :hugs:

Wendy me
06-28-2007, 07:54 AM
you know i think this calls for you to take Penny out shopping and for dinner..... if you want i could talk her into going ......

ChristineRenee
06-28-2007, 07:57 AM
you know i think this calls for you to take Penny out shopping and for dinner..... if you want i could talk her into going ......Great sis...will you talk her into paying for it all too....puhleeeeze????? :D :tongueout

Wendy me
06-28-2007, 08:01 AM
Great sis...will you talk her into paying for it all too....puhleeeeze????? :D :tongueout

she would not hear of it and nether would I ..... :tongueout:tongueout:tongueout:tongueout

bobi jean
06-28-2007, 11:41 AM
Not Out Publicly Or Officially?
Any Second Thoughts Ma'am?

ChristineRenee
06-28-2007, 01:11 PM
Not Out Publicly Or Officially?
Any Second Thoughts Ma'am?Erm...you're not trying to confuse me now are you Bobi Jean? :p

bobi jean
06-28-2007, 02:17 PM
No Ma'am, wouldn't do that!!
Female hormones, bOObs, MA'AM(in drag). Maybe it's tme to let go of the past and EMBRACE the future is all I'm saying.
Good luck and I wish I had the guts to do female hormones....

ChristineRenee
06-28-2007, 02:47 PM
No Ma'am, wouldn't do that!!
Female hormones, bOObs, MA'AM(in drag). Maybe it's tme to let go of the past and EMBRACE the future is all I'm saying.
Good luck and I wish I had the guts to do female hormones....Embracing the future? Well...I thought that's what I have been doing. Yes ma'am! :p

JoAnnDallas
06-29-2007, 08:54 AM
ChristineRenee.........Does sound like many of your fem qualities are now showing thru when your in male mode. I too have had a few times where for some reason I was addressed in the fem manner while in drab. One day my wife, sister, and I were having breakfest at an IHOP and the wraitress refered to all three of us as ladies. Not once but three times. Then at lunch it happen again, multiply times. My wife looked at me and said "Guess your a lady now". I just smiled back at her. LOL

ChristineRenee
06-29-2007, 09:52 AM
ChristineRenee.........Does sound like many of your fem qualities are now showing thru when your in male mode. I too have had a few times where for some reason I was addressed in the fem manner while in drab. One day my wife, sister, and I were having breakfest at an IHOP and the wraitress refered to all three of us as ladies. Not once but three times. Then at lunch it happen again, multiply times. My wife looked at me and said "Guess your a lady now". I just smiled back at her. LOLOh yeah. It's happened three or four times now since I moved down here to Florida. We were in a diner and the waitress motioned my wife and I over to a table with a "Right this way ladies!" Twice in malls, once in Lakeland, and once in Orlando, we got a "Hey ladies...can I interest you in..." while walking from store to store. Now in the case of the two mall incidents, I was not wearing a bra...which I started to do EVERY day afterward when out. LOL! My wife Penny noticed too when we were out walking the dog that I've seemed to have developed this little wiggle in my walk...which I assure you is not forced or exaggerated. She thinks it's pretty funny...which I have to admit...it is! :p So I guess Pattie Anne (True Gemini's Wife) was right when she said I got "a wiggle in the walk, and a giggle in the talk!" :heehee:

BarbaraTalbot
06-29-2007, 10:22 AM
when I was young no one could tell if it was I , my sister or my mother on the phone, hated that, now I wish my voice hadn't changed!

I used to run 5 miles in the morning , and 5 miles in track practice in the afternoon, so I would run different dirrections to keep it interesting. I was one of only two guys on the junior varsity . The other guy was out injured a lot. I could keep up with the varsity guys only when they were doing base training work, they had such longer legs. I counted once I was taking three strides to the tallest runners two!

ANyway, Often I'd do road work with the two girls on the Varsity team. I LOVED running with them, One was pretty strong with a more masculine build than I and one was very thin and short like I was. We would get whistled at a lot by passing cars, and I was fairly confident it was the they part of we, until it happend to me running alone...I was mortified!

I have bought a hot pink racer back running top and a royal blue athletic top.

I have thses periwinkle Keds I bought that really arent suitable for roadwork. Im thinking of going for a jog. Dee says they have hats with affixed ponytails....

Angie G
06-29-2007, 11:41 AM
Cool :hugs:
Angie

princessmichelle
06-29-2007, 12:18 PM
I have a beard but, from behind, someone referred to me as "M'am." I did not invite this. It was a total accident.

It felt suprisingly wonderful.

That experience alone has me more feeling ts than any other I've had.

--Michelle Elizabeth

Rachel Morley
06-29-2007, 09:35 PM
:OMG: I hate you Christine! Only joking :D I have been mam'ed myself a couple of times when in boy mode, although unfortunately it's way less often than I would like. :sad:

Perhaps I should work on it more. I find the girlier my clothes I wear in boy mode, the more likely I am to get mam'ed despite quite clearly not being female. Here's something (http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-P8CzasowdaH5WC.GdwVkpuiCrQIk6Jlx?p=18) that happened to me in Las Vegas one time. I guess people need to be in a bi gendered world and the more girl signals you have the more likely they are to "mamm you" :D

sandra-leigh
06-29-2007, 11:52 PM
Seems like several folks here like to stradle the gender divide.

It's not a gender divide -- it's just a gender watershed!

(Sorry, scientific humour...)