PDA

View Full Version : You have to act the part and

Tammygirl
06-27-2007, 04:29 PM
Ladies, As you know already I have been going out in public "DRESSED" for many year now! I have developed a way of actting speaking ect! It has become natural to me. In fact I don't say i go out dressed I just go out!
Oh yes it's in a nice skirt, heel, hoes, makeup, ect. I go out more time in a dress then I do other wise!
Anyway to the point, To "Pass" as we like to say you have to act the part!
Watch the real girl. how they act, walk, sit, stand, eat. Sit in a resturant or the mall and just study.Take notes. You'll learn alot. You know most of the time. If your good peole wouldn't know one way or another
Love Tammy

Jannette H
06-27-2007, 05:32 PM
Right on Tammy, Just watch GG's, watch not stare, take mental notes. Get as close to your age as possible.It helps to get the idea and how to some what blend in. The blinking neon sign over head will go away and you will become part of the crowd

Frankie-Dear
06-27-2007, 06:52 PM
It's all in the details... If you've ever lived in a foreign country, you've got the advantage, because you've been forced to be highly observant, in order to fit in.

If you haven't had that privilege, here are some things to take mental notes on. (and even physical notes on, if you are in a cafe or mall, and you happen to have a notebook or recorder with you!)

Look AT women. The way they are dressed, the way they put colors together, what styles, the way they do their hair, the way they walk, their postures, the kind of body langage they use when they are talking with their girlfriends, the way they move and browse and shop, the way they've done their make-up, etc.

Listen to the way they communicate. The kinds of sentence structures they use, the melody in their voices, the way they emphasize points in a way different from that of men, the cadence at which they speak... The way they speak when they are talking to their girlfriends versus the way they speak when they talk to men, the way they speak towards someone their own age versus the way they speak to someone who is older or younger than them.

SherriePall
06-27-2007, 06:57 PM
When I go out, I try to act the part. I try my best to blend in by the clothes I wear, the walk I walk, the way I move, sit, stand, etc. If I can keep them guessing, I feel I have done it right.

Joy Carter
06-27-2007, 07:08 PM
Lets just say Iv'e spent a life time studying the subject, and I'm now out in the field working on my doctorate. :D

Karren H
06-27-2007, 07:12 PM
Awwww That's too much like work.... lol

Karren

Frankie-Dear
06-27-2007, 07:18 PM
I'm thinking that it's something like a Zen koan: Don't ACT the part, BE the part! :)

It's the difference between someone like Tom Cruise, who always acts LIKE his character, (and you never forget that you are watching Tom Cruise), versus someone like Anthony Hopkins, who IS his character. (He BECOMES Hannibal Lector)

susie evans
06-27-2007, 07:19 PM
i just try to act like the old women i am :heehee:

susie

Fab Karen
06-28-2007, 02:41 AM
It's all in the details...

Look AT women. The way they are dressed, the way they put colors together, what styles

Clothes: oh lord, the what some CD's put together...:rolleyes:

Joy Carter
06-28-2007, 03:01 AM
Clothes: oh lord, the what some CD's put together...:rolleyes:

RE: Oh lord look at some of the GG's and what they put together. Ever been to Kmart ?:rolleyes:

Sheri 4242
06-28-2007, 03:13 AM
To "Pass" as we like to say you have to act the part! Watch the real girl. how they act, walk, sit, stand, eat. Sit in a resturant or the mall and just study.Take notes. You'll learn alot. You know most of the time.

VERY valuable advice!!! I know a number of years ago I was having trouble coordinating outfits and picking things that were in style. So, I did what Tammy is suggesting: I studied GG's. This is how I started getting better at make-up, too: studying GG's, and reading GG magazines.

JoAnnDallas
06-28-2007, 08:52 AM
I have watched how other GG's are dressed. I also noticed that a lot of times when you go into stores, they will have the racks setup where they have both top and bottoms in the same rack. In some ways it makes it easier to match up items. If you look at my avatar, that is how I found the outfit I am wearing. I went into Walmart to look at skorts and on the same rack was matching tops. Then too, I have found a darling skirt and had to look all over the place for a top to go with it. Also remember it is just not the top and bottom, shoes should also go with the outfit. Also asscessories like earrings, neckless, watches, braclets, makeup, wig, and etc. All should match or look good together, if you want a good coordinated outfit that looks classy and smart.
The TV program "What Not to Wear" really helps to see how different items go together for different events.

SANDRA MICHELLE
06-28-2007, 10:54 AM
If you are trying to pass this will help but if you are like me and will never "pass" as a woman then it is less important. I try my best to respect the time held customs of woman and try to not demean the female image so I work hard at it and feel good about myself. Don't get me wrong I am in good shape and not bad looking but I still am a man tring to look like and act like a woman and it will never be perfect so I am always in school trying to perfect the art.

Wendy me
06-28-2007, 11:21 AM
i think yes there are some finer details that you have to be aware of ... but you still got to remember you don't want to over do it ...... you don't want to look like a guy trying to be a woman who's trying to be a woman..... be mindful but remember have fun.....

Frankie-Dear
06-28-2007, 11:43 AM
Oh yes! The main thing to always keep in mind: HAVE FUN!!!!

I guess, like anything else, it can get all mired down in this grim sort of "duty," which to me, runs contrary to what I've felt about crossdressing from the start: That it's something fun, refreshingly different, and my motto, as always, "Keep it light." :hugs::thumbsup:

Mitch23
06-28-2007, 01:19 PM
and be confident

Mitch