PDA

View Full Version : Dry cleaners misplaced my favorite long skirt

JoAnne A
06-27-2007, 04:39 PM
Took my wifes clothes to the cleaners. Paid for 8 items, there were 7 hangers. Other GG were behind me when they started looking for the skirt.
I called my wife to find out which skirt was @ the cleaners. She said it was my favorite skirt that came from Dress Barn (long, lined, and flared) white with pink flowers and green leaves. Then I tried to describe it and made
a BIG MISTAKE! I said it is long and comes to here as I pointed to my lower calf!!!!! W O W !!! A very surprised business woman (per her attire) nudged me and said she also has that skirt and understands why I wanted it back.
WELL, what could I say. I just smiled and I am sure that I was flushed.

I made them spin the clothes so that I could look for the skirt. I found it!
It is so long that it hung lower than most of the other garments. The tag
matched my other clothes and I was on my way. What a Day!

Sharon
06-27-2007, 04:49 PM
If they hadn't found it, you could have sued them for $54 million, but you probably wouldn't have won your case any more than that schmuck from Washington, DC. :p

DonnaT
06-27-2007, 05:05 PM
That was supposed to be my line, Sharon. :D

Did they give you a discount, JoAnne? Seeing it was a man's skirt and not a woman's. They always charge more for women's clothes, it seems.

cindybarnes
06-27-2007, 05:37 PM
Glad they found your skirt JoAnne. I owned a cleaners for years and have been on the other side of the counter before spinning the line looking for a item.
Sadly some people wont return clothes they are given by mistake so its good yours didnt go to a new home before you got there !!

Cindy

ShannonGermany
06-27-2007, 05:44 PM
I'm glad u got it back:happy:

Wendy me
06-27-2007, 06:15 PM
i love a happy ending..........

SherriePall
06-27-2007, 06:50 PM
And it comes down to here. Classic. Love it. Glad you did find it though.

Karren H
06-27-2007, 07:54 PM
Sue for pain and suffering for say $55 million and settle for half a million,, :)

Karren

Samantha Thomson
06-27-2007, 11:34 PM
i had something like that happen to me but they couldnt find it for a few weeks when they did and called me i went to pick it up the 2 female counter girls said they had wash it for me i said my accident oh i usaly wash my own skirts i wear well they know know im a cd there and one lady behind me said it cool your a cd