PDA

View Full Version : a simple thank you...

DawnL
06-28-2007, 10:31 AM
...to everyone who ever posted a thread about "getting out". Last night was one of the most wonderful nights of my life. We are here in Vegas and went to the show last night. We had gone shopping during the day. New forms, some bling, a new skirt and top...etc. We went to see KA one of the Cirque de Soleil shows here in Vegas. This one is at the MGM Grand. I can't quite describe the feelings that I had last night. Could hardly get to sleep later. I think I found out what it means to "pass", to me anyway. I think it just means that you are comfortable. This, being my first trip out with people about, I really wasn't aware of any bad looks or comments. The only person I know for a fact that read me was the Valet guy at the Grand. That was because I had to talk to him. I let my wife drive after that. Not that there probably weren't some looks and comments behind my back but I was comfortable with who I was and just didn't really care what anyone else thought. We were dressed appropriately for the evening (more so than most at the show, just my opinion) and I just was out and enjoying myself and I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!
I think my greatest concern was that, after going through all this build-up and preparation, I wouldn't like it, but that is not the case So, again, thanks to everyone who ever said "oh, just go and do it."

DonnaT
06-28-2007, 11:22 AM
Congratulations Dawn. Glad you found you liked it ;)

JoAnnDallas
06-29-2007, 08:41 AM
Congrads Dawn.......BTW that is one of my sister's name. Anyway, it is great to be able to go out and enjoy yourself. Until a few weeks ago, I had never went out shopping solo. I have gone and filled up the SUV solo and bought a newspaper solo, but when I went shopping solo, it was such a thrill. Like you no one made any comment, pointed fingures or such. One time out, I even had to stand in line, so I was real close to others and no one acted any different than if I was a real GG. I even had a 20ish GG look at me, smile, and then turn away with a oh-hum look on her face. So guess I passed, LOL.
Don't know if this was your first time out, but now you know you can do it and I know you will be going out more. So have fun and enjoy.

Angie G
06-29-2007, 12:00 PM
That's great Dawn you go girl :hugs:
Angie

Joy Carter
06-29-2007, 12:06 PM
Now that your HOOKED you will need to find contacts and places to go closer to home. Glad for ya ! Good luck !:hugs:

Mitch23
06-29-2007, 01:11 PM
Your welcome! What a buzz - there's nothing like it is there!

Mitch