PDA

View Full Version : Office DRESS code

NatalieH
06-28-2007, 10:48 AM
I was working at a client’s office this morning, and was wearing shorts due to the heat. One of the partners, smiling, asked if I was aware of the office dress code. I said I wasn’t, but did that mean I could wear a dress? He just kept smiling and said “sure”. So now I have it, official approval! Just might take a while to actually test it….

Natalie

Valerie Nicole
06-28-2007, 10:53 AM
Go for it! I mean, I wouldn't because at the moment I am still partially closeted...I also don't have a job to try it out...but it would be interesting. You have approval, so why not?

Angie G
06-28-2007, 11:06 AM
Go for it hun :hugs:
Angie

Wendy me
06-28-2007, 11:14 AM
get pics.....................

NatalieH
06-28-2007, 02:16 PM
Thanks for the words of encouragement....

I'd love to do it, but will probably wait for a suitable occasion, like the CD national holiday in Oct.

Nat

sherri
06-28-2007, 04:08 PM
Hmm. My clients run from blue collar to upper corporate, so I always try to dress appropriately. Just good business. But I don't think I've ever had a client suggest that I must conform to his office's dress code ...

Sinthia
06-28-2007, 07:49 PM
You mean it wasn't 'Casual Friday'?

Karren H
06-28-2007, 08:50 PM
I wouldn't screw up a client just for that....

Wow... pretty scarry when I sound like the voice of reason... hehe

Karren

susie evans
06-28-2007, 09:14 PM
oh yea the voice of reason it usualy gets in the way:hugs:

susie

noname
06-28-2007, 10:51 PM
I would do it. I'm tired of gender discrimination. It's time for women to allow us to exercise the same rights they take for granted on a daily basis.

The time to stand up for ourselves is NOW!

Eileen
06-28-2007, 11:32 PM
Natalie how do you think your client would react if you showed up in a dress?

Eileen

Ekatcha
06-29-2007, 01:46 AM
That's funny! I've been filling in for my boss while she's been on vacation and gotten similar sorts of comments/responses. One was asking another section to do something and I'd said "I'm the boss" basically, to which the response was "oh, and you've got the skirts to prove it?" To which I damn near said "yes" but thought better of it, LOL. Anytime my bosses boss needs me to do something in her stead he says "time to put on your skirt," which half the time I want to say "can I?" Ok, so its perhaps only vaguely related, but still! Both crack me up.

Eka

DanaJ
06-29-2007, 05:10 AM
Do you live in Cleveland, and are you an air-traffic controller? :)

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/13589237/detail.html

NatalieH
06-29-2007, 08:55 AM
Do you live in Cleveland, and are you an air-traffic controller? :)

Dana, thanks for that, I'll save it for the right time! And no, don't live in Cleveland, but did grow up in Dayton - must be an Ohio thing.

Sherri, I do make an effort to dress appropriately, around here that ranges from casual to very casual...

Karren and Eileen, I certainly won't do anything to risk my relationship with the client, who is one of my better ones. It's a professional office, with their own clients coming in, so if I do anything radical it will be when there's some excuse...again, Halloween is the best I can think of for now. As for their reaction, well, I have showed up with nail polish around H'ween, and my hair is getting longer, but that's been it so far, with only a few amused glances resulting.

Natalie

NZ_Dawn
06-30-2007, 03:21 AM
When Ive approached my staff about their dress code (Black skirt and white blouse, shoes etc for waitress) they have often been cheeky enough to reply with "When we see you in a skirt doing the same job we'll comply". It's almost tempting! even to see the look on their face!

sherri
06-30-2007, 11:20 AM
When Ive approached my staff about their dress code (Black skirt and white blouse, shoes etc for waitress) they have often been cheeky enough to reply with "When we see you in a skirt doing the same job we'll comply". It's almost tempting! even to see the look on their face!
You must be a very diplomatic boss. Many places don't give the staff an option.

Patricia Danielle
06-30-2007, 11:49 AM
Well I'd try it but I don't have an office other than the usual recording studio digs I would need to practice lugging a very heavy Emmons Pedal Steel Guitar and Fender Custom Vibrosonic Amplifier around in a skirt. Both weigh about 90 to 100 pounds, atleast the amp has wheels on it. I think it would be a hoot to do a gig in a skirt but sadly even the female steel players I know always wear slacks when they go to a gig.. Who knows I might even start a trend, or the nations biggest bar fight.. Patricia..:drink: I have coffee life is good..