PDA

View Full Version : Sweetest News Ever! Long post!!

Taylor105
06-28-2007, 01:18 PM
I will start by saying that I moved to Alabama from Texas four months ago. In doing so I moved to a place where I know not one soul other than my roommate. I really wanted some friends but I was not sure on how to go about making any considering I do not want to go by anything but Taylor and I want everyone new in my life to know me only as Taylor. Well, I had this myspace page that I have had forever and ever and it was in my old name. I don't tear it down because there are family and old friends who knew me before I came out as a boy. So this chick happens upon my girl myspace page. Here is the interaction we had. :)

"just read your profile and i'm thrilled almost to tears. i've lived in auburn for nearly two years now and haven't met anyone who even remotely reminded me of myself. i DID read your whole intro (so no you didn't write it in vain). you sound like such a neat person. i too am an animal nut and bargain hunter. ever been to plato's closet in auburn? let's go! like this weekend! fer realz!!! okay, seriously, now i gotta go back and see if you wrote any blogs. i just had to fling you this message because i'm so friend-hungry, in this wack-ass town.
--audrey
p.s. i think i still remember the first few moves of the white belt taeqwondo form i learned when i was 19, tee--hee. that's something i keep meaning to go back into, especially since i have a little bundle to protect now. "

"Thanks so much for writing. I might as be as honest with you as I can be. You may not want to be friends with me once you hear this. It's kinda a long story. I lived in Texas for the last 14 years. I came out as trans (which means a boy in a girls body) when I moved here to start a new life. Before that everyone knew me as a lesbian. I always knew I loved girls but I never identified as one. If that makes sense. I haven't been able to shut the ****** page down because there are too many of friends and family on there who don't know the real me. Everything you see on that page of what I wrote is true...except my gender. I am a martial artist. I am very caring and full of empathy and sympathy because I have been through hell most of my life. I love clothes and shoes. haha I am not a freak. A lot of people would be put off to being friends with me when they are told that I prefer to be called Taylor and I am a boy. Anyway, I hate having to live this somewhat double life. Like I said...the ****** page is up for my family and friends who do not know me as Taylor..a boy. But I decided when I moved here I was not going to hide who I was anymore! I have no friends here. I have a roomie named Craig. I have been best friends with him since way back in the day when I went by ******. He has been the most supportive person in my life. It's awesome that he just accepted it and is trying to start calling me "he/him". But I'm afriad that everyone else that I told back in Texas kinda just shunned me. So whatever. I have no friends here yet and Craig works really long hours. He always has my car...well most of the time. I am home with our dogs and online so much my butt hurts from sitting here. lol Anyway, here is the link to the page that I want new people to see....especially people who I meet here in Alabama. Much love, Taylor

p.s. I do have depression and anorexia but that does not make me a bad person either. Most people don't even want to give me a chance to show them I can be a good friend. I totally understand if you never write me again."

http://myspace.com/taylor_2900

"well honey i could tell from your photos you were different from the average person around here; that's why i wrote. and i've been close friends with a m-to-f trans (i knew lonnie as "him" then "her"....it took a little while to adjust the pronouns but not my attitude; i thought of lonnie as a lady long before the surgery "legitimized" her). i really think of gender as a continuum myself. i'm somewhat of a tomboy in many ways. right now i'm feeling guilty for having pitied myself, for what a hard time i've had making friends here in eastern alabama. to be transgendered, in a whole new place....talk about a challenge. well taylor, i'ma look at your taylor page now. i do indeed still want to be friends, if you do. "

I'm the happiest guy alive right now. I found a real life friend who is going to see me as a guy. Woo Hoo!! Sorry this was so long. lol

Dasein9
06-28-2007, 01:22 PM
YYyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy!!!! :D:D:D

Frankie-Dear
06-28-2007, 01:24 PM
Taylor, congratulations. (And FWIW, I've known plenty of guys and plenty of girls named Taylor, so asking your family to call you that, is probably not such a big deal. Certainly, there are greater hurdles than that, that you've already overcome!)

Glad to hear that you've found a friend, and that you perhaps won't be as lonely as you have been. I am so pleased for you... Very best wishes. :hugs:

Cai
06-28-2007, 01:24 PM
That sounds so cool Taylor. First of many new friends, I'm sure.

Devon James
06-28-2007, 01:27 PM
It's great to read this, you must feel very lucky!
And I think it's really brave you made this choice to move and start your new life. I'm smiling while I'm writing this :)

:hugs:

Felix
06-28-2007, 02:44 PM
Taylor I am sooooooooo happy for ya my friend this is excellent news :thumbsup::thumbsup: xx Felix :hugs:

Emily Ann Brown
06-28-2007, 03:42 PM
Guy that is awesome news !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Way to go hun.

Emily Ann

Tristan
06-28-2007, 05:32 PM
Yay, Taylor. Sounds like shes one cool chick. Happy for you bud.

Kitty Sue
06-28-2007, 06:03 PM
I wish you all the best mate. I also hope your having success dealing with your other issues too. Seems like many of us have a few hurdles in life to cross. I know I have had mine. You rock dude.

Amanda Shaft
06-28-2007, 06:33 PM
Hi Taylor, she sounds great: level headed, open and friendly. I'm so pleased for you, way you go fella!
Hugs Amanda x

privateperks
06-29-2007, 04:48 AM
Thats awesome man.

Taylor105
06-29-2007, 02:53 PM
New dilemna now. She wants to meet in person and we have only talked through myspace like twice. I'm not at all comfortable with that. I mean I will be eventually but I am pretty shy to new people. I was thinking more along the lines of maybe talking over the phone first....even though I hate the phone. I guess I wouldn't be overly self-conscious of my voice when I do meet in person the first time if she was already used to it. Anyway, how do I tell her I am not ready to meet her in person yet without hurting her feelings?

Kieron Andrew
06-29-2007, 03:00 PM
Anyway, how do I tell her I am not ready to meet her in person yet without hurting her feelings?
Just tell her that you want to build your friendship over the net and phone first as you are really shy in person, and that you dont really know each other enough yet....be honest with her, its not like you are building a relationship its only a friendship

Sally24
06-30-2007, 07:19 AM
Sounds like a good thing for you Taylor. If you have a cell phone I would consider that a better idea than using a phone tied to an address. You should go slow easing into real life from cyber life. She's probably for real but it pays to be safe and cautious. If you've both got a good connection, try a video chat?

Good luck.

Taylor105
06-30-2007, 10:04 AM
Well, I talked to her for over an hour last night over the phone. It was like picking up an old friendship that was always there. She is a really cool person. I have told her that I would prefer the phone at first and she wasn't upset about that at all. I think this girl is so cool. Thanks everyone for your good advice. :)

Taylor105
07-01-2007, 09:59 AM
I talked to this girl for a long time on the phone Friday night and we clicked very well. So we decided to meet at the mall in the food court. She was bringing her 18 month old daughter so I felt no threat. She is just awesome in person. I had a wonderful time. And she kept saying to her daughter...do you know this man? His name is Taylor. Can you say Taylor? The little one called me Tee-wa. Is that not adorable? Anyway, we hit it off well and we are going to get together again soon. Thanks everyone for your support.

Holly
07-01-2007, 10:11 AM
Taylor, I could not be any happier for you! Having a new friend in a new place must be very comforting.

Cai
07-01-2007, 11:40 AM
Taylor, that sounds amazing. I'm so glad you have a new friend. And her daughter sounds sweet.

jsoto81
07-01-2007, 10:21 PM
sweet man, that's awesome. Congrats and I hope all works out brilliantly.

Billijo49504
07-01-2007, 11:52 PM
Taylor, I'm really glad for you. I hope you find happyness for your life....BJ

Marlena Dahlstrom
07-02-2007, 12:14 AM
Congrats Taylor! I'm so happy for you.

:thumbup:

Taylor105
07-02-2007, 10:15 AM
Thaks everyone. Just so you know....you guys are above and beyond the very best friends I have. :)

Felix
07-02-2007, 12:14 PM
Taylor my friend this is just the best news Hun good luck with it all xx Felix :hugs:

Tamara Croft
07-02-2007, 01:14 PM
Awww, I just read this and it almost made me cry :eek: I'm so happy you've found a friend that accepts you for who you are :hugs:

bi_weird
07-03-2007, 12:33 AM
Dude man, that's so excellent!