PDA

View Full Version : what woul it take for you to give up on crossdressing

kathy333
06-28-2007, 02:23 PM
I know that this sounds crazy, But I have to ask. You see their is a woman that I have been after for over 30 years. She knows about my cd as a matter of fact when I was in my eary teens it was her cloths I would take. we lived togather when we were in our 20's it lasted 6 months. I was the only man in her life when her daughter was born. we use to tell people I was there for everything, But the conception. anyway you can tell when I start to talk about her I go on & on. SO HERE IS THE QUISTION. WOULD YOU GIVE UP THIS LIFE FOR LOVE?
:RND1:

Kelsie
06-28-2007, 02:28 PM
To some extent, I have. I am in a second marriage and head over heels (after nearly 10 years together) with my wife. She knew about my crossdressing early in the relationship. Over the years it has become clear that it is something she tolerates but is not particularly interested in sharing. From time to time she does encourage me to dress in some sexy lingerie for bed but draws the line at makeup, wig, dresses, etc.

I told her early in the relationship because crossdressing was a problem in my first marriage. I really hoped to be with someone with whom I could fully share and explore my CD urges. Well, alas, such as turned out not to be the case. None the less, I am very happy with her and would not give her up to cross dress more. I simply take the opportunity when on business travel to dress up and that suffices.

Hugs,
Kelsie

Staci G
06-28-2007, 02:29 PM
NO Because I know me and I would come back to it and maybe have to hide it from her
And thats not a good thing

Emma England
06-28-2007, 02:30 PM
I would be unable to give up.

JessiRed
06-28-2007, 02:38 PM
How do you give up on something that is a part of you? I don't want to sound rude, but that just doesn't seem like it is possible, at least for me.

Marla S
06-28-2007, 02:47 PM
SO HERE IS THE QUISTION. WOULD YOU GIVE UP THIS LIFE FOR LOVE?

If this love is two-way and honest, I see no reason to give it up.

The only question that remains then is how the both of you are able to integrate CDing in your lives despite and due to the social pressure.

Karren H
06-28-2007, 02:52 PM
Yes... If I had to choose and if I could realistically stop I would..... And maybe a new pair of ice skate... And a stick.....

DEAL!!!!!

But I knów I cant ... NO DEAL......... Short of a brain transplant or SRS..... The only two solutions I can think of to stop crossdressing..... Ok death is a third option.... :(

But Howey, why can't I have one of the lovely girls dresses?? Call the banker guy up again!!!

Karren

sara_also
06-28-2007, 02:53 PM
I ditto what Marla S has said..Love is always a two way street...

Frankie-Dear
06-28-2007, 03:00 PM
If she suddenly decided that it really really bothered her, and she truly didn't want me to do it anymore because somehow, it was wounding her in some way.... I probably could, but I would keep my earrings, keep growing my hair, and probably still mess around with it, when she wasn't around. It would mean being put in the closet, but.... I don't know.... Maybe not 100%. We would end up working out some kind of compromise, if it came down to that.

KandisTX
06-28-2007, 03:43 PM
Nope, not me.. I did once for my second wife and I was MISERABLE, I turned into someone else, I was no longer ME. It was at that point I decided that I was going back to dressing and I would NEVER stop being myself for anyone ever again.

Kandis :love:

Stormgirl
06-28-2007, 03:51 PM
Nothing would get me to ever give it up because it is a part of me.

Emily Ann Brown
06-28-2007, 03:54 PM
Dittos on Karren's solution #3 for me. But then I get a white dress (okay,ROBE...but a dress by any other name....) in heaven, so I suppose I'm never gonna be able to quit.

Emily Ann

What will all the homophobes do when they get to heaven and St. Peter hands them a white dress to wear for eternity ??!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daintre
06-28-2007, 03:56 PM
My answer is an unequivocal Yes, after many many years of being alone after my divorce, I would dump it all if I could have the love of my life back. Yes, she still is and believe me, I don't say this frivolously, I know it would be hard, but I also know the rewards would outweigh the hardship of dressing. To be able to spend your time with a caring loving SO is priceless.....Don't be so quick to throw that away.

serinalynn
06-28-2007, 04:00 PM
If my wife knew how close I came to calling our marriage off before she walked down the isle. That I've never told her and I won't either. I started crossdressing at age 11 and put it on a 20 year hiatis until I retired from the military. Then the erge hit me again and I have been crossdressing since the early 1990's and buying my own things. She is now somewhat understanding of crossdressing and she gives me time to be Serina Lynn. I have kept my marrriage and have been able to continue crossdressing.

bobi jean
06-28-2007, 04:02 PM
Country "CD" music... SURE GONNA MISS HER. Been married to the same wonderful(tolerant, non-accepting) woman for 36 years, been crossdressing for 47 years +/- 2, aint gonna stop,LOVE IT TOO MUCH.

Kelsie
06-28-2007, 04:03 PM
I concur with Jenni's sentiment with regard to having a caring someone in my life. It is hard, sometimes, but the occasional opportunity to dress while traveling helps me cope with it.

Hugs,
Kelsie

Chrysoprase
06-28-2007, 04:15 PM
I didn't stop to please bigoted family and bailed at 16 as soon as I got a car lisense. I lived as a runaway in hiding at VOA teens until 18. I wouldn't change, can't change and have been on the front lines of human rights so you don't have to change.
There are 6.6 billion people in this world, someone will treat you well, never settle.

MeraLehanga
06-28-2007, 04:17 PM
Speaking from personal experience, nobody can stop CDing I think. Maybe temporarily due to circumstances/ situations. But, it comes back with a vengeance, when and where hard to say, and with age the desire is much, much stronger.

Girls, this is my personal opinion!

Sharon
06-28-2007, 04:25 PM
I would think that I would be willing to do just about anything for a true love, but, then again, if someone loved me as much as I love them, then they should be able to accept this.

So..., no deal. I want the same consideration for my own needs as much as may be expected from me.

Marla151
06-28-2007, 04:42 PM
For years I was convinced that there was something wrong with me for wanting to CD, I finally convinced myself that was a load of BS and that what was wrong was that I wasn’t able to accept it in myself. Now I accept it in myself and have had the luck to have an understanding SO who has encouraged me in it. This is something that has come to fruition during our relationship and there have been some sticky points for both of us in learning about this part of ourselves but all in all it has gone smoothly.
I have thought about what I would do if she decided she didn’t want me to do this anymore and apparently so has she. Neither of us thinks it would be a good idea for me to suppress this part of myself again. It is part of who I am and if she can’t be in love with me for all of who I am then any other version of me would be a lie and she wouldn’t really be in love with “me” anyway.
Even when I had other girlfriends, wife, etc. before this I would find myself sneaking around trying on their clothes and underwear and would feel bad about doing it. Now I can be honest about it and feel good about it and I wouldn’t want to go back to the other way for anything. It would just be a lie and I would lose everything I have gained to do it. I think that even if I did, eventually there would end up being some sort of subconscious resentment that would occur and start causing issues in the relationship anyways.

battybattybats
06-28-2007, 04:44 PM
I tried and It didn't work. What would it take? It would take the desire to do it and the pleasure that comes from doing it to go away without my life feeling like there was a hollow empty void where it used to be.

Otherwise the feelings of loss, of self betrayel, the yearnings, the long periods of 'why am I so unhappy, frustrated and angry?' followed by the discoveries of 'Oh yeah.. not doing that anymore is why I feel like this' and above all the feeling that I'm not being loved for myself but for a shallow fake mask or shell.. that I am being loved only for a part of me.. for a role I'm playing.. all that adds up in a big pile of resentment, frustration and sorrow.

Love doesn't thrive so well in that environment. The words, the looks, the kisses.. it all loses a lot of meaning and value when you feel like that.

Mary Morgan
06-28-2007, 04:45 PM
Great question but one that puzzles me. Why would you ask anyone to be something they are not, or to give up something that they are? Isn't love about accepting all of another person? What else would you be willing to give up? Keep it honest and real.

Sarah Rabbit
06-28-2007, 04:50 PM
As being TG is an inextricable part of my personality, I would find it impossible to give it up. If I was single and looking to find a love, I would not be able to get with anyone who could not accept Sarah. I know this sounds cold and one can not always control affairs of the heart, but to live a lie or to live without half of my personality would make for a very miserable life.

Sarah R. :bunny:

Holly
06-28-2007, 06:01 PM
I think Sharon said it best. I believe I could but I have to wonder what I would find so compelling about someone who wanted to change the person that I am?

Amy07
06-28-2007, 06:07 PM
You can also ask these questions:
Would you stop smoking for love?
Would you become a Christian?
Would you convert to Buddism?
Would you stop eating pizza?
Would you ditch your Ford and jump in a Toyota?
Would you eat asparagus at every meal?

We are what we are, and yes, love is a two way street.

battybattybats
06-28-2007, 06:27 PM

Yes, or I'd go outside so as not to subject my love to my choice

No. Having to take on a faith is not ok.

I'd take up meditation, read and talk about the philosophies but just as with the last one, Nope.

No but if there were allergy issues I'd adjust toppings or ingrediants.

I don't drive :)

No. I wouldn't stop her from doing so if it was her thing but I wouldn't take it up.

Perhaps some other analogous questions.

Would you amputate a limb because she hated it?
Would you have a sense lessoned or removed (such as having one eye blinded or removed) because she hated you having it?
Would you give up your job because she wanted you to stay home and do the housework and let her control all finances and purchases?
Would you permanantly surgically alter your face to one she liked better?
Would you permanantly surgically alter your racial characteristics?
Would you give up a friendship or contact with your family?
Would you publicly support and vote for the political party opposite to what you actually support?

marie354
06-28-2007, 06:30 PM
For love?
If she truly loved me, she'd accept me for who I am.
If I had to, I'd think about it, but I'd know deep down that it'd be impossible to stop. I've tried before, but it was always on my mind.
:hugs:

JenniferMBlack
06-28-2007, 06:30 PM
If you are being asked to change so one will love you then they don't truely love you. I don't understand how one can say I love you but you have to do this or don't do this or else I won't love you. So would I change who I am or what I do for love? NO NEVER!!!! Because then I am not me and at some point some thing else might need to be changed . And at what point does it end.

Kelsy
06-28-2007, 06:46 PM
The most honest point of view is the one that says I am a CD and I am unlikely to give it up!! But I am willing to compromise for the good of the relationship with this one exception Please recognize who I am and then we can accept each other!!

Jennifer:happy:

DonnaT
06-28-2007, 07:06 PM
I've already tried, several times.

She now knows unequivocally, I cannot.

What would it take? A magic pill. And yes, I'd take it as long as it didn't change anything else.

tanya3
06-28-2007, 07:11 PM
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! they stopped selling womans clothes !!!!!!!!!!

Priscilla Ann
06-28-2007, 07:18 PM
Would I give up this life for love? Most certainly. For love I would be willing to become someone completely different. I can remember hearing the phrase..."if you really loved me you'd _________________________ all the time. Love conquers all, does it not?

Stephenie S
06-28-2007, 09:10 PM

These are dangerous questions because they postulate that if you can't do this then you obviously do not love enough.

So if my wife can't stop smoking, then she clearly doesn't love me enough?

If I won't become a Christian, I don't love her enough?

If I have no interest in Buddism, then I guess I can't really love enough.

Yes, we have all heard the statement, "If you really loved me then you would ___________". I don't think these statements have ANYthing to do with real love. Rather they are crude attempts at manipulation through guilt.

Lovies,
Stephenie

BTW, my brother converted to Judaism to be able to marry his wife. I reality it turned out to be a sham as he has never practiced it in his entire married life.

And to get back on track here, I think that perhaps death would stop my CDing.

Sandy1967
06-28-2007, 09:22 PM
When my wife and I started to become serious in our relationship it became evident I had a secret I was keeping from her. I drug and drug my feet and did not want to tell her, for fear of loosing her. Finally one night she sat me down and drew a line in the sand for me to tell her my secret. We'll I told her I crossdressed and why I did, She did not run screaming but was very understanding and accepted it as part of who I am inside. She was upset that I was unwilling to tell her upfront about my crossdressing unknowing how she would react. We'll it all worked out and we worked thru a couple other secrets without a total disaster and we did and still are married. My wife is very accepting of my crossdressing, supports and encorages me all the time.

So to the question, I like many have tried and tried to stop, purged all the clothing, said I would never do it again and it just kept comming back. It is part of who I am and I am not going to be able to get rid of it.

Love to all,
Allison

Diannna
06-28-2007, 09:25 PM
I know that this sounds crazy, But I have to ask. You see their is a woman that I have been after for over 30 years. She knows about my cd as a matter of fact when I was in my eary teens it was her cloths I would take. we lived togather when we were in our 20's it lasted 6 months. I was the only man in her life when her daughter was born. we use to tell people I was there for everything, But the conception. anyway you can tell when I start to talk about her I go on & on. SO HERE IS THE QUISTION. WOULD YOU GIVE UP THIS LIFE FOR LOVE?

Just one word ..................... NO!

BarbaraTalbot
06-28-2007, 09:26 PM
Yes... If I had to choose and if I could realistically stop I would..... And maybe a new pair of ice skate... And a stick.....

DEAL!!!!!

But I knów I cant ... NO DEAL......... Short of a brain transplant or SRS..... The only two solutions I can think of to stop crossdressing..... Ok death is a third option.... :(

But Howey, why can't I have one of the lovely girls dresses?? Call the banker guy up again!!!

Karren

If I had known I wanted to as bad as I now realize I did, it would be hard. If I could stop for love, I definitely would.

I have repressed most of my life SO I guess I could and I would, but so far I am a more caring, loving, open spouse letting both of my sides see the light of day. We have been joking that we are having Big Love (http://www.hbo.com/biglove/about/index.html) with only two bodies.

Country girl
06-28-2007, 09:51 PM
Would I give up this life for love? Most certainly. For love I would be willing to become someone completely different. I can remember hearing the phrase..."if you really loved me you'd _________________________ all the time. Love conquers all, does it not?

I'm sure a lot of people both male and female would most certainly have to say, unfortunatly NO love doesn't conquer all. But I'm sure your weren't making a serious statement. I know there are GG's on this site who would love to see their SO's/spouse's/BF's give up CDing for love, but they also know it ain't gonna happen. :hugs: CG GG

Staci
06-28-2007, 09:55 PM
If I thought that it was the only way that she would love me I would surely try. However, I don't think it is that easy. Fortunately for me she loves me and accepts that I like to wear women's clothes. Good luck with your dilema. Given that she knows has she said that she could not love you as you are. If so, she probably is not the right one for you even though you are great friends.

sixstringplayer_58
06-28-2007, 11:02 PM
Country "CD" music... SURE GONNA MISS HER. Been married to the same wonderful(tolerant, non-accepting) woman for 36 years, been crossdressing for 47 years +/- 2, aint gonna stop,LOVE IT TOO MUCH.

my x wife let me xdress for the 31 years we was married and after the divorce i didnt dress for almost 2 years if a female cant accept us then i aint gonna change i am 59 years old and have been cding for some 45 or so years to me i dont have a g/f and not really looking for one so if the females cant accept us then my opinion to hell with them sorry but that is what i feel oh yes ps i have been told by females i have a gorgus set of legs for a guy heheheh thanks GLENDA:heehee:

Joy Carter
06-28-2007, 11:24 PM
I'm a total package. If she can't love all of me as I am, then what's the point of loving me.:(

MeraLehanga
06-29-2007, 01:03 AM
R I P! If not, never!

Chantelle CD
06-29-2007, 02:24 AM
YES i would!!!

I would die trying to give it up to stay with my SO, i love her so much, there is nothing i wouldn't do to be with her till our last breaths. If she really couldn't handle this part of me, i would change it, and i could, all i would have to do is just feel it inside, i have gone far enough with it, to have brought it out in me so as i will never lose these feelings, i can bring them on in my drab clothing with no trouble, and i have quit totally for 6 years when i had to before, i could do it again easy, buy simply feeling it in drab. I would long for it for sure!!! miss it for sure!!! but honestly, it wouldn't even come close to the longing i would have, not being close to my sweetheart, this longing would make the longing for the dressing, minuscule in comparison!! Without the slightest hesitation YES i would!

Sheri 4242
06-29-2007, 03:17 AM
Shortest answer: No!!!!!!! Wouldn't stop or give it up!!!!!!!

Medium short answer: as Kandis and others have stated: No!!! It is deeply and significantly a part of who and what I am!!!! Ergo, wouldn't stop or give it up!!!!!!!

Longer, comprehensive answer: I didn't tell my first wife -- I just "knew" it would be okay. Well, I quickly learned, vis-a-vis "innocent" conversations" that it would never be accepted. (As my wife would tell you -- my children, too -- my first wife was a real "piece of work" and has incredulous beliefs on many subjects!!!) Therefore, my relationship with her was VERY conditional -- and it turned out, as indicated, this was on many levels, not just about CDing!!! So, I kept it hidden and just dressed on business trips. I also continued to have great guilt about who and what I am, going through the purges, and, all-in-all feeling guilty and incomplete!!! (I, like many CDers I have spoken with, truly wanted a GG "soul mate" who would be accepting and let me share this part of myself with them.)

So'oooooo -- I made up my mind that "if" I was ever fortunate enough to find true, deep and abiding love, I was going to be honest about the CDing as soon as I saw that the relationship was getting serious!!! And, "if" such love was truly unconditional -- if my SO was truly my soul mate and split apart, then my CDing would be okay!!! I was NOT going to ever get into a relationship where I could not be myself -- where I could not express who and what I am!!!

So'oooooo -- I have to admit that I have been truly blessed b/c I did, indeed, find my soul mate and split apart. She had never really known anything about mtf heterosexual CDing until met. We both had been previously married for over two decades each; we both had found our respective first spouses commiting adultery with multiple partners; we both were custodial parents of our children; and we both were looking for deep and abiding love, where the marriage vows are taken seriously -- or we would stay single.

In the natural my wife and I should have never met, but thanks to the net, we did. Once I saw we were getting "marriage serious," I knew I had to tell her!!! I did -- it was VERY hard to do this, but I knew it was a must, b/c I also knew I could not go through the rest of my life NOT being who and what I am!!!!!!! When I first dressed for her, she said something to the effect that it took a real man to dress that way and show that side of himself. She also said she realized that much of what she liked about me must be an extension of my femme side. I melted!!! She truly completed me!!!!!!!

SO -- I would NOT have it any other way!!!!!!! Not for my happiness for the rest of my life, AND not for her happiness for the rest of her life!!!!!!! I am what I am, and it feels GREAT to be able to express that in tangible ways, sans guilt, purges, etc. My wife is what she is, and she is a much happier and fulfilled woman!!! So, NOPE -- wouldn't give it up!!!!!!!

Lilith Moon
06-29-2007, 03:20 AM
There's one event that would make me stop crossdressing...or at least stop wanting to.......my death.

Lana_CD
06-29-2007, 03:38 AM
From what Ihae been able to understand, if we do not dress, for what ever reason, if we are not ourselves, the stress level builds to the point that it kills us. Death is the only way for most of us to truly give up Cross Dressing.

Ekatcha
06-29-2007, 04:00 AM
Once upon a time I would have put myself in the 'yes' basket. I've lived my life (thus far) pleasing others, and doing so for an SO I wouldn't have seen much different. When I started dating my ex-wife I purged, trying to become the man I thought she wanted/needed. I told her early on, however... but it wasn't ever something we shared. She seemed ok with it though... but after we were married a while, I started re-acquiring things. Still didn't share that part of me, guess even with acceptance I was still scared and immature in some ways.

Needless to say, that relationship didn't work out. I've gone through times in life suppressing this desire to be myself, how I feel, who I am inside and I don't honestly think I could give that up again just to be with someone. I've stayed single since as I haven't found someone who I've felt a connection with enough to open up to or date... take that for what you will. When and if that happens though, I am who I am. All the things they may like about me come with the whole package... and the feminine side of me is apt to contribute to those qualities. I've never been a masculine man, as it were, so to not acknowledge that side is living a lie. While I may continue that for my folks and others I know, it's not something worth hiding or suppressing for love. The love I want is unconditional. Conditional love I have all around me now... quite frankly I don't need more of that. For love, I will be the best person I can be, but my gender shouldn't have much to do with it IMHO.

~ Eka

Angela Burke
06-29-2007, 04:11 AM
Easy-peasy

DEATH!

love

Angela

Angie G
06-29-2007, 08:03 AM
I hope it naver comes to that :hugs:
Angie

immike
06-29-2007, 08:11 AM
No,but I'd find a way to keep it a secret&just use her clothes

chellebaby
06-29-2007, 08:26 AM
Until very recently I have suppressed this side of my self. It has made me depressed moody and even suicidal. My wife and I have been having long discussions every night for the past few weeks about my CDing and my fem side. In short, its the side she loves. My real personality. Suppressing who you are is dangerous. If you aren't enough the way you are then you never will be.

Michelle

Frankie-Dear
06-29-2007, 08:41 AM
I guess to really answer this question, you'd have to first decide what crossdressing means to you. For most of the contributers to this thread, it seems that crossdressing is part and parcel of who you are: A compulsion that drives you and is as much a part of you as your own flesh and bone. It truly IS a part of your overall personal make-up.

It might be easier for me to give it up, simply because, (at this point, anyway) it seems more like a hobby; a game; a way of dressing up for Halloween or playing at, "What if..."

At the same time, I don't know... Maybe I am just deceiving myself. Maybe deep down, I am just as driven, just as compelled, and crossdressing really IS a part of who I truly AM.

Pondering, pondering....

-Frankie

GlitterGG
06-29-2007, 04:55 PM
Why would someone who loves all of you ask you to give up part of what makes up the entire person they fell in love with?? This doesn't really make sense. A year ago a friend of mine and Kandis' asked me why I didn't have a problem with Kandis' CDing. I simply told them, "The CDing is part of the whole person I fell in love with. You take away the CDing and you take away a part of that person. That person is then different, and I don't know if I would have fallen in love with that person."

I love Kandis very much, and that's not a risk I would want taken. It should never be an option to change who you really are.
Just my :2c:

Lovely Rita
06-29-2007, 05:04 PM

DEAL!!!!!

Karren

The option of giving it up does not exist anymore. It would be equivalent to burying a part of me I love so much.

MeraLehanga
06-30-2007, 01:03 AM
An army of CDing mercenaries would be after you, you can run but cannot hide. Better delete your question off the record. Hah! eh!:tongueout

NZ_Dawn
06-30-2007, 02:37 AM
Ive asked myself the same question also. What would I give up if it was between my SO or CD?. My wife has already said that she believed 'that it is part of me' and not something that I could give up even if I wanted to. If I said I was going to stop she has siad she would always suspect that I would find the closet door again. Im with Karen also on this. It would always be part of you (us) no matter what. I hope I never have to be put in this position though.:happy:

LeeAnn_cd
06-30-2007, 04:54 AM
Nothing could stop me. No amount of money nothing. The only thing that could is they would have to stop making womens clothes.

immike
06-30-2007, 05:07 AM
Nothing could stop me. No amount of money nothing. The only thing that could is they would have to stop making womens clothes.
I could not stop,regardless.I still enjoy dressing in my mother&sisters clothes,
especially mini skirts,with pantyhose,silk blouse&heels

Kristen Kelly
06-30-2007, 05:32 AM
"Lyric to a country music song,"

Wife packed up all OUR clothes, got in my pickup truck and off she goes, going miss that pickup truck and all those clothes.

This is who I am, at that point now in my life, told my GF 1 year ago July 3,2006, and well she is very accepting, has gone out with the girls weekends, dancing and dinner. She worries what others will think (her being a fool) for I'm very much out in the open about my dressing. I love her truely but if she truely loves me, she is going to have to accept me with the knowledge that I am never plan on going 24/7, she would be the 1 of major reason for me not doing so, but that I dont care who does know.

Erinn
06-30-2007, 09:58 AM
Death.

Ericka2
06-30-2007, 10:20 AM
I think that this question don't make sense, do you think we are here because we chose this live? personally i've tried so many times to give this up and try to be a husband and a dad to my kids with no other option but to be truthfull to my self and come to terms that i am different, you got to be kidding!

No offense intended to anyone.

Love Ericka

julie w
06-30-2007, 12:31 PM
for true love soul mate type of love I would try very hard to stop , know julie would always be in my mind she has beed there all my life

KandisTX
06-30-2007, 12:40 PM
for true love soul mate type of love I would try very hard to stop , know julie would always be in my mind she has beed there all my life

For a true soul mate type of love, you should not have to give up anything. In the past, I have had relationships where the women knew of my CDing from the start, and they looked at themselves as the type that could "change" me, turn me into "a real man". but they failed to realize that the CDing is a part of the whole package and without that aspect of things, I am not the same person they fell in love with. As GlitterGG (My SO) posted earlier, if you take that away, you alter the person and that may not be the kind of person you would fall in love with. My second wife tried this and when she realized what caused the change in me, she chose to leave rather than admit she was wrong and allow for Kandis to come back into the picture. Of course, before she left she took it upon herself to purge everything I owned that was femme... I do miss some of those items though... but I don't miss her ;)

Kandis:love:

Mitch23
06-30-2007, 02:28 PM
For a true soul mate type of love, you should not have to give up anything. In the past, I have had relationships where the women knew of my CDing from the start, and they looked at themselves as the type that could "change" me, turn me into "a real man". but they failed to realize that the CDing is a part of the whole package and without that aspect of things, I am not the same person they fell in love with. As GlitterGG (My SO) posted earlier, if you take that away, you alter the person and that may not be the kind of person you would fall in love with. My second wife tried this and when she realized what caused the change in me, she chose to leave rather than admit she was wrong and allow for Kandis to come back into the picture. Of course, before she left she took it upon herself to purge everything I owned that was femme... I do miss some of those items though... but I don't miss her ;)

Kandis:love:
Well said Kandis - If I took it away I wouldn't be the same person and I don't think I could live with that

Mitch

michellebesweet
06-30-2007, 02:39 PM
It would be a very hard decision to make. But I guess I would have to weight the different options that are in front of me and hope I will choose wisely. But if it was to give up crossdressing for something more important, than so be it. It would really have to be a life changing issue, where there were no other ways to go, and no other decisions to make. Has to be a choice of one or the other, a final decision issue. I hope that never comes up.

aka.laura
06-30-2007, 03:47 PM
NO, never ever. I am who I am. it took some time, but that 's how it is. I do think however we tend to make the best of whatever happens

tammie
06-30-2007, 03:53 PM
HI Everyone:
All I will need to quit crossdressing is to be asystolic.

Wendy me
06-30-2007, 04:45 PM
THE QUESTION. WOULD YOU GIVE UP THIS LIFE FOR LOVE?

i would say yes that's what i thought over 25 years ago when i got married ... simple ... easy .... a no brainer..... give up cding for love .... i did .... it lasted like 6 months .... still married and still love her ... but their has always been that other woman .....

so truth full no it can't be done .....

Julie York
06-30-2007, 05:14 PM
I don't see any sums of money being offered.

Hey I'm negotiable.

cin
07-05-2007, 07:14 AM

About the being a christian I think some people will not like me for saying this or maybe they will. I don't think god is like people looking at the surface like shallow people do. It says in the bible that god looks into the hearts of people and that is how he judges them. I don't think what you look like on the outside is what's important to god but rather what's on the inside.

Miss Lulu
07-05-2007, 08:25 AM
Scary question! Don't wanna think about it!

Christine Andrews
07-05-2007, 10:48 AM
For me the pleasure and fulfilment in crossdressing is almost matched in guilt and to a lesser degree shame, but as much as I struggle to accept myself I know that I am what I am and I am a crossdresser and nothing short of my immediate death would stop that but even here nothing is certain - depending upon your beliefs :2c:

Would I want to? Yes, I would never want to bring shame or pain upon those I hold dearest (which at the moment would be my mum as I am but a single student:o) but I know deep down that I would just continue in secret. When I blurted out 50% of the truth to my mum out of crippling guilt and shame, I promised I would stop and I lasted 6 weeks. At first it felt like I was free but before tto long my mind was always absent - drifting back to CD'ing and my patience and already short temper just freyed and I was miserable until I started dressing again.

I'd like to think that if love were true, my CD'ing would be accepted but I wouldn't give it up. I would be more than willing to compromise because I don't believe in forcing this on anyone. However if a compromise couldn't be reached then the Crossdressing would be the winner and stay because I'd rather be true to myself than subjagate core elements of myself to appease someone else.

Slip Affinity
07-05-2007, 11:20 AM
In a word . . NOPE. I know from past purges and returns to cd'ing that it just ain't gonna happen. It's been a part of me for as long as I can remember and it will be with me until "death do us part." I get a lot of enjoyment from it and it's not like a lot of other things that are harmful to your health. I know what I am and I accept it. And the old thing about .. if you loved me you would do this or that ... pure bunk; nothing but a guilt trip and I refuse to accept it.

Lissa Stevens
07-05-2007, 12:41 PM
Death

Mitch23
07-05-2007, 01:04 PM
About the being a christian I think some people will not like me for saying this or maybe they will. I don't think god is like people looking at the surface like shallow people do. It says in the bible that god looks into the hearts of people and that is how he judges them. I don't think what you look like on the outside is what's important to god but rather what's on the inside.
amen to that cin! Thats my God all right!

Mitch

Kellycd7
07-05-2007, 06:41 PM
A month of free dry cleaning.

No,..I could be completely wrong but, I know for me, and I'm guessing for every CD on this board, this question would be the last question we would have to answer in our lives.

Wendi0012
07-06-2007, 10:41 AM
I this girl knows why change. I have been married for years to the love of my life as to many other on this site. It's your choice to give up for love but accepetance of your true self would prove if it love or not.

Joanne f
07-06-2007, 11:13 AM
It`s a part of me , it is what makes me "me" i might think i could say yes but i know that at some point i will still do it , i feel right doing it , it feels normal to me when i want to dress feminine because i have a feminine side to me and some times i have to feel it and show it so i will never stop even if it had to be in secret.

joanne

emmicd
07-08-2007, 07:20 PM
I've tried several times. I was naive to think that if I rid myself of the clothes that my crossdressing would stop.

I was able to stop for a couple of years into my adulthood but I was always somehow led back to the pretty clothes.

I am happily married with a family and I am a closet dresser.

I am very content and happy as a family man. The dressing is necessary but not the center of my life.

emmi

Lawren
07-08-2007, 07:31 PM
If Kerry ever asks me to quit CDing, I will.

Kerry Owens
07-08-2007, 09:06 PM
and you won't ever hear me ask you to, either. I love you, all of you...silly, I'm not going to impose something that is so much a part of you to stop it.

Andi
07-09-2007, 12:19 AM
Truthfully It will take a pine box and six feet of dirt to stop me. Sorry for being a little morbid. :happy:

AmberDay
07-09-2007, 12:18 PM
My wife has done a 180 on her support and acceptance and is in a full scale attack and assault on my crossdressing. Because I love her I am willing to negotiate and discuss matters, though. On one hand I know that crossdressing is part of me; it is who I am. On the other hand though I am looking at $1200 a month in child support and alimony if she pushes for divorce. Well at least I'll still get to see my kids everyday.

AmberDay
07-09-2007, 12:20 PM
And another side note, I am not even allowed to be on this site! lol.