PDA

View Full Version : Paula Zahn - 7 year old transgendered girl

Karren H
06-28-2007, 03:30 PM
Go to www.cnn.com and check out the video on Paula Zahn's interview with a TG 7 yearold' and her mother and father... Its really good...

Karren

serinalynn
06-28-2007, 03:46 PM
That was a great report :drink:

Emily Ann Brown
06-28-2007, 03:49 PM
Is that one of the kids on that show a couple of weeks ago on TG kids?

Emily Ann

Marla S
06-28-2007, 03:51 PM
Yep, very good.
Thanks for sharing.

If they only would have given me my ballet clothes when I was 5 :belly: but NO, I had to play the :danceman:
:wall:

Stormgirl
06-28-2007, 03:53 PM
Good find,thank you for the link. I remember MSNBC doing something about transgenderism last week but I missed it.

Stephenie S
06-28-2007, 04:00 PM
Couldn't find it. Nothing about PZ when I clicked that link.

Steph

Frankie-Dear
06-28-2007, 04:00 PM
Jeez... To me, this is point-of-fact evidence for reincarnation -- That this boy was born with powerful memories and carry-over from his previous life as a girl. What was NOT brought up, and what I would have found interesting, was her brothers' views of things and their reactions to it all.

Definitely some thought provoking stuff, there...

JulieC
06-28-2007, 05:16 PM
MAJOR kudos to the parents for struggling with this yet doing the right thing for their kid. Hard choices when you start from zero (knowing nothing of transgender).

Sally24
06-28-2007, 05:36 PM
This girl has a very good chance of having an average female life. What a great family!

Jenn2716
06-28-2007, 06:24 PM
I don't think this was one of the families in the 20/20 special a few weeks. The kids faces were shown on the Barbara Walters special, and I didn't recognize the parents, so I think this is a brand new report.

Is that one of the kids on that show a couple of weeks ago on TG kids?

Emily Ann

windycissy
06-28-2007, 06:33 PM
Truly amazing....you have to admire her parents for the way they've coped with this. I wonder how her older brothers are taking to their new sister? Paula didn't go there, and sibling rivalry being what it is, that's probably the greatest source of potential heartbreak as she grows up. That and dating, of course...I agree, if they can get her on hormones and under the knife before puberty kicks in, she has a real shot at womanhood.

renee99
06-28-2007, 07:09 PM
Couldn't find it. Nothing about PZ when I clicked that link.

Steph

Goto http://www.cnn.com/video/ it's near the top on the left.

Dee Talbot
06-28-2007, 07:13 PM
Barb and I watched this with tears in our eyes. How wonderful those parents are to embrace, love and support their child! I hope that little girl feels as beautiful and brave as she is.

Dee

BarbaraTalbot
06-28-2007, 07:19 PM
Barb and I watched this with tears in our eyes. How wonderful those parents are to embrace, love and support their child! I hope that little girl feels as beautiful and brave as she is.

Dee

We had JUST posted to my blog pictures that Dee had made using actual family photos to give me a en femme look at 14. It seemed so timely.

http://barbaratalbot.blogspot.com/2007/06/photo-regression.html

I also started my first photo thread here about it. http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=920484#post920484

marie354
06-28-2007, 07:53 PM
That was wonderful! Parents like that must be fantastic.
I had to upgrade my media player one more time, but after it was done, I watched the entire thing.

All I can say is, good for her! And her understanding parents.
:hugs:

Mary Morgan
06-28-2007, 09:19 PM
Thanks Karren, I hope that at some point CNN and Paula Zahn will handle crossdressing in a similarly sensitive and objective manner. We can only hope.

Frankie-Dear
06-28-2007, 09:20 PM
Paula Zahn rocks... She's one of my favorites. A real class act.

susie evans
06-28-2007, 09:36 PM
KARREN

thank you for shareing and emotional story

:love: susie

goofus
06-29-2007, 01:06 AM
Interesting!

JoAnnDallas
06-29-2007, 09:15 AM
At least it was done tastefully and with no sensationalism. Vey well done. Kudos to CNN.

Rebecca-L
06-29-2007, 09:56 AM
Karren,

Thank you so much for posting this. It was very interesting. Kudos to CNN for handling it tastefully. They had a related video that they posted on June 24. It can be found at

http://www.cnn.com/video/player/player.html?url=/video/us/2007/06/24/finnstrom.transgender.youth.cnn

Angie G
06-29-2007, 11:56 AM
Well she knows what she wants good she's geting it :hugs:
Angie

Mitch23
06-29-2007, 11:59 AM
What an interesting and thought provoking article - thank you Karren for sharing it

Mitch

Valerie Nicole
06-29-2007, 01:27 PM
It takes real courage for her parents to do what they did. It also takes a lot of self confidence for her to be who she is...and at such a young age too. Thanks for sharing this, Karren.

Chantelle CD
06-29-2007, 02:25 PM
Have to thank you Karen for shareing this...

I never really understood if this was real, because of my own reasons, and now a lot more understanding!!! and also realize more that it isnt the case for me. Thank you very much

kellycdct
06-29-2007, 02:35 PM
Very good report

Lovely Rita
06-29-2007, 06:02 PM
Thanks for the heads-up Karen.

Victoria Anne
06-29-2007, 06:32 PM
Thank you for sharing this Karren,it was touching to see how her family is helping her to be herself.

Country girl
06-29-2007, 06:48 PM
Thanks for sharing Karren. Good video.:hugs:CG GG

Mistress Frillee
06-29-2007, 08:39 PM
IS there any way to get that video to work on a MAC>? I have stupid windozes media player 9

why the hell is that not in quicktime??????? :mad::thumbsdn:

Mistress Frillee
06-29-2007, 08:48 PM
ok nm. I found some stuff that allows me to play windoze ( God I hate windoze!!!!!):mad::thumbsdn: media playa stuff in QT!

woohoo

jessbcuzz
06-29-2007, 11:42 PM
It was a great clip. It goes to show how far (but not far enough) how the world has come to accepting transgendered, cross dressers, etc. I don't know about everyone else, but I think that Ashley (the 7 year old) has very supportive parents (the father had a hard time at first). I wish they would have shared the thoughts of her other siblings. I wonder how many of us would have different lives if our parents were like Ashley's?

Carin
06-30-2007, 02:21 AM
Qudos all the way around on that story.

This is the direct link: http://www.cnn.com/video/player/player.html?url=/video/us/2007/06/28/zahn.living.life.as.girl.cnn&wm=10

Ibuki_Warpetal
06-30-2007, 03:18 AM
Wow, I wish I was that open about it at that age. That's quite admirable.

Kelsy
06-30-2007, 05:12 AM
That was a very telling and thouht provoking piece! I think most CDers try to piece together the whys of what we do and feel and watching this clip has made me ponder some of the experiences of my life. I can't say as a young boy that I wasn't attracted to boy toys but I spent hours playing with my sisters toys too. I remember a doll house that belonged to my older sister that I playing with and her barbies. Had there been a recognition of my needs back then I may have chosen to play with the girl things more but I was being funneled into my expected male role. In school I tended to want to hang with the girls because I was fairly passive and didn't care to be roudy. I never ever felt comfortable and never felt I fit well in the male world but played the expected role. It may explain the depression I use to feel and the constant inner question of "who am I really" Unlike you Karren , I shyed away from organized sports and persued Passive things like art and music. I was always certain that I was attracted to girls and that has not changed. I love females and want to be more like them!:happy:

Jennifer

Raychel
06-30-2007, 05:49 AM
I was very impressed wit this article. I think that Paula and CNN did a great job. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: And Cudos to Yahoo for posting a like on their home page for a short while. The more stories like this get out, the more the world will be accepting of the different lifestyles that there is in this world.

Tina Dixon
06-30-2007, 06:33 AM
Amazing story, parents have a lot of guts to do what they do, but they are thinking of there child first.

Country girl
06-30-2007, 08:34 PM
Amazing story, parents have a lot of guts to do what they do, but they are thinking of there child first.

Tina, I quite agree. It is so amazing that the parents are so willing to take the childs needs and desires into consideration and not worry about what the "world" might say or think about them. It is to bad that more parents don't put their child/childrens needs first. Kudos to these people. :hugs: CG GG