PDA

View Full Version : Mom "I want to be a girl"

Kelsy
06-28-2007, 07:44 PM
I have a vague memory of asking my mother if I could be a girl! I was very very young and can't clearly remember the conversation or the reaction. Do you have any memories like this?? :happy:

Jennifer

windycissy
06-28-2007, 07:57 PM
Wow, your 500th post...kind of a milestone! In answer to your question, I can remember thinking that to myself, but I never had what it takes to say it out loud to my Mom....of course, things were different back then. I remember when my sister wanted to play Little League it was a huge scandal, but that's a whole other story....

wannabie
06-28-2007, 08:17 PM
I in my teens, I remember asking my Mom
"If I were born a girl what would you name me?" she never answered the question, she said it was stupid and asked why I would ask a question like that?.
I let it drop and never asked again

for some of us its not just different times but different cultures.:sad:

marie354
06-28-2007, 08:25 PM
I don't know if I actually asked or not, but things could have been a lot different if I had I'm sure.
:hugs:

Karren H
06-28-2007, 08:29 PM
I clearly remember my mother saying that she had wished I had been a girl.... lol

Karren

wannabie
06-28-2007, 08:32 PM
I clearly remember my mother saying that she had wished I had been a girl.... lol

Karren

She got her wish!

did you ever tell her?:happy:

Karren H
06-28-2007, 08:36 PM
Nope... She passed on 2 yeras before my crossdressing came back with a vengence.... I started crossdressing when I was 8, the same year my sister was born.... coincidence?? lol

Karren

Sandy1967
06-28-2007, 08:52 PM
Similar experience here. My mom said to the doctor "this can't be my baby, I wanted a girl" I cannot remember being dresse as a girl or being told this at a young age but something happened to lead me to her drawers... I remember going to bed and praying to god to let me wake up as a girl, still a boy:( I told my family about my crossdressing when I seperated from my first wife but that seemed to be then end of any conversations, nothing was said again. My wife:love:now is accepting a I dress as often as I want in anything I want. She told me she told them I stopped crossdressing when I was not around, well little do they know I do it every day:happy:
I told my wife that I would be happy if I never buy another piece of men's clothing again, She said o.k.

Love to all of you for continued support.
Allison

Country girl
06-28-2007, 09:44 PM
It's to bad you can't remember your mom's reaction. It would be interesting to know what it was. :hugs:CG GG

Joy Carter
06-28-2007, 10:03 PM
I didn't have a very loving mother. She was wraped up her problems so much that she had no time for us kids. I do recall one time when I was about ten, I was being yeld at for some infraction that angered her. I said to myself that I could be a better mother than she.

Rachel M
06-28-2007, 11:52 PM
I was once told, "Shopping would be so much easier if you were a girl!" Was I being that difficult to find clothes for? I never really told anyone I wished to be a girl. I just enjoy dresssing like one. LOL

Angie G
06-29-2007, 12:16 AM
Looks like you made it hun :hugs:
Angie

Chantelle CD
06-29-2007, 02:45 AM
I remember saying i wish i was a girl, when i was very young. But at that time i was a small child full of hurt from abusive family situations, constant belittleing, so i think that is where my dressing started or why, not 100% sure, but it could be, dont really know for sure, but ya i remember saying that to myself.

Sheri 4242
06-29-2007, 04:41 AM
Well, I do recall (when I was VERY young) hearing that if you could kiss your elbow, you'd turn into the opposite sex. I do remember trying this again and again and again -- and I know my mother knew I was doing this, but she never said anything. I also know that she really wanted a girl. She and my dad used to fight a lot, and a common theme from her was that his family treated boys better. I know his sister -- my aunt -- seemed to have this opinion. That said, my aunt was a BIG part of my early CDing!!!!!!! I'd go to her house (as a very little boy -- 3 to 4 y.o.) and I'd wear her pumps around the house. And, once when I spent the night, I wet the bed (age 3-6). She was a very tiny lady and I awoke the next morning in one of her nighties!!! To this day I remember the feel of that nightie and how very much I loved it -- I KNEW IT WAS ME!!!!!!! Funny thing, my aunt would laugh at my trying to kiss my elbow even though she seemed to share the family's preference for boys!!!

I didn't have a very loving mother.

That was true for me, too, Joy. My mother wan't -- and still isn't -- a very loving person!!! I blame her father b/c he was very much the harsh task-master: with him it was, "do as I say, not as I do!" I try to get along with my moher, but it is often VERY difficult (and here I am early fifty-something, and she is mid-eighties). She is, purely and plainly, NOT a pleasant or happy person -- but at least she's consistent b/c that's how she treats everybody!!! A few months ago we had one (and the only one in my entire life) conversation where out of the blue my mother said she just wanted me to know that maybe (maybe? there's no maybe about it!) she wasn't very loving, but that she wanted me to know that she did, indeed, love me. She said she just couldn't help it (of course, if she would take the meds the doctors have been trying to get her on for decades, maybe she could help it).

Maybe I sound cynical, but this is the absolute truth!!! Any number of people just couldn't picture my mother this way -- from my wife, to my friends, her doctors, and even our minister (years ago). Funny thing: once she showed her less than admirable side, she'd drop the person in a heartbeat. B/c of this, she went through dozens upon dozens of churches -- and dozens upon dozens of doctors -- and she had no use for my friends or my dad's once she had shown this side of herself. When my wife and I were dating, she just couldn't believe "the evil side" I described regarding my mother -- said I MUST be wrong!!! It took all of 3 months for my then-future wife to find out how my moher is!!!!!!!

Well, sorry to vent like this -- didn't mean this post to turn into this!!! It just sort of spilled out . . .

Kelsy
06-29-2007, 05:39 AM
Well, sorry to vent like this -- didn't mean this post to turn into this!!! It just sort of spilled out . . .

Don't you be sorry for a thing sweety!:happy: I loved your story and believe that with some of us anyway, the nurture roots of who we have become are similar to yours. My mom was not an affectionate person and I was a shy sensitive boy. My brother came along shortly after and she was able to relate to him better than me. Well, not much later my little sister arrived and got tons of attention and loving You know " she is so cute" I wanted that!!! I want to be pretty and accepted by my mom. I am sure she loves me but has never really expressed it well. Fact is my Father was the nurturer in my life and was a very gentile man. Lost him not to many years ago and am still grieving his passing:sad: we all have a tale to tell and we should be here for eachother!!!

Thanks Sherri:hugs:

Jennifer

Kate Simmons
06-29-2007, 05:54 AM
Not really Jennifer. I didn't need to though because I always considered myself a girl anyway in spirit and was a tomboy even though I looked like a boy.:happy:

Kelsy
06-29-2007, 06:02 AM
Not really Jennifer. I didn't need to though because I always considered myself a girl anyway in spirit and was a tomboy even though I looked like a boy.:happy:

Hi Salandra,

I am a firm believer in th nature and nurture theories. My nature was always ,for reasons beyond me, passive and feminine and the nurture part of my life kiicked off my desires to express that side of me. So really my question to my mom was why wasn't I???:happy:

Jennifer

Kate Simmons
06-29-2007, 06:28 AM
I pretty much accepted it. Even though not much was said, everyone knew I wasn't a "typical" little boy as I approached most things from a feminine perspective. My role model was my Grandmother who was an independent woman and who thought I was the "cat's meow".:happy:

Opie!
06-29-2007, 08:48 AM
I can remember that, on several occasions, I would tell an adult that I wished I was a girl. I always was jealous of the attention that my sister got both positive and negative. The response I always got was 'no you don't'. I was repeatedly told that, so I stopped expressing it. I can remember asking my grandma to teach me to crochet, and she said she would just after she taught my sister, who really wasn't that interested in it, so my time never came. My dad was/is pretty homophobic, and so any time I would play dress up with my sister he would get mad. It stopped after just a couple times... It took me a long time reconcile the whole crossdressing does not mean gay, and it's taking me a lot longer to try to explain this to my dad... Such is life, if it was easy then it'd be boring... right?

chucks
06-29-2007, 08:48 AM
i remember praying to be a girl at least once as a pretty young child. never talked to anyone about it though. i was alone a lot as a kid.

TG-Taru
06-29-2007, 09:20 AM
No, didn't do that as a kid.

But my mom wanted a girl too, and she kind of got one despite me being her third boy. And she's know a few years now.

LindaTS
06-29-2007, 09:37 AM
Like some of the others I never had the courage to ask that question but my mother used to tell me I should have been a girl. I wholeheartly agee.

eleventhdr
06-29-2007, 02:48 PM
But i can recall as a very young child that i was the wrong sex and wanted to be female because to me at that age girl's were magical i wanted one of them to help me change into a girl so that i could be the right sex at last this went on for awhile but nothing ever became of it. So that by the time i got to grade school and was being taught that being boy's and girl's was a very separate thing still it did linger in the back of the old brain what if. Then i went through the whole i hate girl's thing in grade school but it never did wash because to tell you the truth i did not hate girl's then i went through the anger oand aggersion of maleness in my 20's and 30's and somehow came out into my 40's wishing once again that i was female and now i still do.

Off handely it has come up a few time's but i have never been able to just come right out and saythat i want to be female i think my mom know's because i have done drag a few time's in the past so she know's that i have done this but still to just admit that you want to be a girl my dad is a doctor but he has little patience for this and once i dressed as a flapper rom the 1920's and he thought it was very strange and said it was kind od faggy oh well. the feeling has not gone away i still want to be female and if and when i will at the very least dres as female and if they ever come up with a way to alter one's sex through direct hormones i will be one of the very frist to volenteer i want to be completly female and never look back i just do really ah well perhap's one of thses day one of these days. Suzy Ann!

RobertaFermina
06-29-2007, 04:02 PM
inawordno!

:rose: Roberta :rose:

Lovely Rita
06-29-2007, 04:10 PM
That is so neat that you asked. I was too much of a scardy cat to ask. I did get away with wearing my cousins petticoat though and no one bothered me.

Betti
06-29-2007, 04:25 PM
My mom wanted me to be a girl just like my twin sister. She only purchased panties for me until I was 12. She realized I needed boys stuff when I start going to gym class in the 7th grade.

Country girl
06-29-2007, 04:43 PM
My mom was not an affectionate person and I was a shy sensitive boy. My brother came along shortly after and she was able to relate to him better than me. Well, not much later my little sister arrived and got tons of attention and loving You know " she is so cute" I wanted that!!! I want to be pretty and accepted by my mom. I am sure she loves me but has never really expressed it well.
Jennifer

Do you think that maybe the reason your mom has always been so cold to you is because of the question you asked of her? Maybe she remembers you asking and is disturbed by the fact that her "son" would say such a thing? And being the righteous person she seems to be [at least from what I've seen] she would never say anything about you asking her, but the way she has and does treat you sure speaks volumes, at least IMO. Just my :2c:. :hugs: CG GG

Kelsy
06-29-2007, 04:51 PM
Hi CG!!!:happy:

Mom has always thought I was a little off ,so to speak. I have no idea how old I was when I asked maybe 6 or 7 seven and I had no understanding of anything wrong with the question. Now ask the same thing at 52 :eek:

Jennifer:heehee:

rickie121x
06-29-2007, 04:53 PM
It happened before I was seven - I know that because we moved "away" when I was that age and I know it happened in the bathroom of "that" house.

She said so clearly, "You would have made a wonderful little girl." Then experimented with some makeup on my face, and she was so loving and so touchy and so warmly communicative as she played with me... Well, that incident has been indelibly imprinted on my mind since then. Except for those periods when my male hormones were going wild in my late teens and early twenties, I too believed that I would have made a wonderful little girl... and now, a wonderful "big girl."

In some way, whether we remember it or not, I would believe that we all were imprinted in one way or another....

Rickie :heehee:

Kelsy
06-29-2007, 04:57 PM
It happened before I was seven - I know that because we moved "away" when I was that age and I know it happened in the bathroom of "that" house.

She said so clearly, "You would have made a wonderful little girl." Then experimented with some makeup on my face, and she was so loving and so touchy and so warmly communicative as she played with me... Well, that incident has been indelibly imprinted on my mind since then. Except for those periods when my male hormones were going wild in my late teens and early twenties, I too believed that I would have made a wonderful little girl... and now, a wonderful "big girl."

In some way, whether we remember it or not, I would believe that we all were imprinted in one way or another....

Rickie :heehee:

What a wonderful way for your mom to respond!!!:happy:

Jennifer

Country girl
06-29-2007, 06:22 PM
Hi CG!!!:happy:

Mom has always thought I was a little off ,so to speak. I have no idea how old I was when I asked maybe 6 or 7 seven and I had no understanding of anything wrong with the question. Now ask the same thing at 52 :eek:

Jennifer:heehee:

Well forgive me for saying so, but I think it is your mom who is a little off. ok A LOT off! I'm sure if you asked her now she'd completely disown you :eek: It's probably best to leave that one alone. :hugs: CG GG

Rachel Morley
06-29-2007, 09:20 PM
I gotta be honest, no I've never said anything like that to anyone. I always kept it in my head :sad:

Chiana
06-29-2007, 09:40 PM
I had dressed up as a pre-schooler. I don't remember anything negative about those experiences. HOWEVER, I remember distinctly my Mothers very obvious and negative response to me saying that I wanted to grow up to be just like the girl accross the street. That was the first time that I ever thought there was anything wrong with what I was doing. I don't recall her really saying anything but the look of disapproval on her face was clear to see.

Susan.
06-29-2007, 10:32 PM
I don't remember my youth very well, but I do remember my Mom saying things like, "Girls are more responsible than boys".

Billijo49504
06-29-2007, 10:35 PM
I too was afraid to ask, but I wish I'd remember what my mother said my name would have been, if I'd been a girl...BJ

Jocelyn Quivers
06-30-2007, 06:07 AM
I remember my mother shouting at me "Do you want to be a girl! If so I will buy you clothes so you can be one!" This was after she found evidence that I was wearing her clothes again around age 11. Needless to say the question was more yelled at me and it was meant as a way of discouraging me from dressing like a "girl" ever again. Too bad it did not work very well.:DJocelyn

Kelsy
06-30-2007, 07:14 AM
I remember my mother shouting at me "Do you want to be a girl! If so I will buy you clothes so you can be one!" This was after she found evidence that I was wearing her clothes again around age 11. Needless to say the question was more yelled at me and it was meant as a way of discouraging me from dressing like a "girl" ever again. Too bad it did not work very well.:DJocelyn

I wish my mom would have yelled that at me!! I'd have said " UM AH yeah mom sounds like a good Idea!!!:heehee:

Jennifer:happy: