PDA

View Full Version : A Day in The "Life"

Phyliss
06-28-2007, 08:11 PM
So,....how did your day go?
After an early morning serivice call to do some adjustments to an install I did about 3 months ago, I headed to Fashion Bug. Needing make a payment on my charge card there (Platinum) I also wanted to use up the $30 rebate and two bonus coupons I had.
Picked up a cute skirt that drapes so nicely and is as soft as butter, ( a nice chocolate shade) Found some "T" shirts and a pair of dress slacks (sorry Karen) but these look somewhat neutral and I just might be able to wear them in "stealth" mode. Total cost after all discounts, $27. Made sure to try everything on before buying. (cost of gas and extra bother returning items) The S.A.s at this particular store know me, and have told me that I'm a very polite and considerate shopper. (Isn't that the way it's supposed to be?)
Next stop was a favorite lingerie store to look for a new bra. I've been wearing size 38B, but have noticed that they're getting a bit loose on me and awhile ago I tried a 36B and it fit perfectly, (I'm still shrinking). I had ordered some new ones in this size and had stopped by to see if they had arrived. No luck there, but the owner did mention that they had opened a new store in the Bedford N.H. area and said that I should go check it out. As it so happened I was heading to that are anyhow so I got directions and off I went. What a very nice place they have there. Turns out they're in the same building as a bridal shoppe. How nice is that?
When I went in I was greeted by one of the S.A.s from the first store who remembered me. She showed me around on a personal tour of the store. I mentioned to her that I had been in the other store and what I was looking for. Leading me over to the display of the Grenier bras she found 2 of the 36B that I was wanting. Mentioning that I was a bit disappointed in that the style I liked only came in white and black, and I didn't really want black but would rather a beige or nude color, she did a quick look and found a bra from huit in a beige (they call it DUNE) but it's a 36A with cute lacy cups. She also found one in the same size and color from Wacoal. I know by now to "try before you buy" so off to the changing room we head. Tried the huit bra first and it was ok but when I tried the Wacoal bra I fel like I was being strangled, no "give or stretch" in the band. About this time she did the "are you ok?" thing and I asked her for her opinion. Stepping inside she agreed that it was too tight on me. Told her to come back in a minute and check on the other one. Quick change and again "the knock" after a few tugs and adjustment to the shoulder straps, (why on earth do they put those sliders in the back where you can't reach them without help?) we both agreed that it was a good fit. 30 minutes and 3 bras later I walked out lighter in the purse, but quite happy at the service and ease of shopping. No longer do I get "the cold sweats" simply driving past the store.
Not wanting the fun to end I stopped into The Mall of New Hampshire to check out the Cache store I know they have there. Besides I had a $25 gift card to spend. (A gift card or rebate card and I'm like a moth to a flame) Rather disappointed in that even after spending 45 minutes in there I couldn't find anything that I wanted. Believe me I was listening very carefully to hear if anything said to me "take me I'm yours". Had a nice chat with the day manager who I know from the Salem store, (she was recently transferred to this one) Felt rather saddened that I couldn't find anything. But on second thought I guess I'm getting better at this "shopping thing" becoming a bit more choosey in what I buy. No more "buy for the sake of buying"
I had noticed that this mall has a Macy's and I did have a charge card to pay for, so I figured I'd stop in there to "polish off the day"
Oh good luck here, the cosmetic counter is right at the entrance from the mall, and I do need some new foundation from Este Lauder. Went up to one of the young ladfies there and mentioned what I wanted and what shade I was looking for. Not laugh or giggle but a simple "Ok, here it is. Oh by the way you have a free choice of lipstick with this purchase. These are the available colors." Reached into my bag and got out my little make up case with my lippy in it to match the color.
Perhaps I should mention the fact that I was wearing my clip on earrings might have been the "give away". Got into a nice conversation about CDing and the enjoyment it brings me. After I made the purchase and paid off my charge card, she asked for my birthday month to set up a "makeover day" for me. Guess where I'll be in October? Anybody want to join me for some fun then?
One thing I've found in all this, is that there doesn't seem to be any more of a challenge to it. I'm begining to think that very soon I'm gonna have to start doing this while dressed. I guess that's the next logical step.

Stephenie S
06-28-2007, 08:52 PM
Clipons! Ouch, Phyliss! When are you going to pierce your ears?

Stephie

marie354
06-28-2007, 09:04 PM
It sounds like you had a wonderful time shopping.
You have been talking about CDing with all these SA's while making purchases in drab... Why not go en femme? They already know.
A challenge... Do you really need one? You're doing great by the sound of things.
:hugs:

AshleyLove
06-29-2007, 01:01 AM
One thing I've found in all this, is that there doesn't seem to be any more of a challenge to it.

I think your challenge would be saving money! :heehee:

Phyliss
06-29-2007, 03:06 AM
AshleyLove wrote, "I think your challenge would be saving money!"

Oh how very true that is. It's only money, it doesn't have a home or anything like that.

Stephenie S, .... I like to get them pierced, however I've got an unsupportive wife to contend with, who has said a big frosty "NO". I know it's easier to get forgiveness rather than get permission. Just don't want to "stir the pot" as it were.