PDA

View Full Version : Your True Self?

marie354
06-28-2007, 08:42 PM
I've been thinking about my true self for quite a while and I've come to the conclusion that I'm my true self when I'm Sandy. I do dress now 24/7, but mostly stealth mode dressing... Slacks and a modest top or T-shirt, and sometimes braless. Don't get me wrong, I love to wear a nice dress or skirt set too, but I'm not quite bold enough to leave the house in one yet.

So... Anybody else feel that their femme self is their true self?
:hugs:

Karren H
06-28-2007, 08:45 PM
NO....

Karren

stormrider
06-28-2007, 08:46 PM
Ever since I started being honest with myself.

Michelle

Stephenie S
06-28-2007, 08:48 PM
I only have a fem self.

Steph

Sandy1967
06-28-2007, 08:59 PM
I have come to terms with my Fem-Self and accepted it as who I am thank to the help of my wife:love:. She gives me lots of support and encouragement to get me out and about. I now dress in women's clothing every day, I will often change befor going outside but she will say why did you change, you looked nice. She keeps telling me who cares what others think and say and tells me to just accept who I am.

Love to all,
Allison

marie354
06-28-2007, 09:20 PM
I have come to terms with my Fem-Self and accepted it as who I am thank to the help of my wife:love:. She gives me lots of support and encouragement to get me out and about. I now dress in women's clothing every day, I will often change before going outside but she will say why did you change, you looked nice. She keeps telling me who cares what others think and say and tells me to just accept who I am.

Love to all,
Allison

Yes my GF says the same thing about what I wear, but I still don't go out in a dress. Unless I can go somewhere far enough away from this town and dress there. Hopefully I'll get a bit bolder once people start to realize I'm not wearing mens clothes anymore. Teeheehee.

Joy Carter
06-28-2007, 10:11 PM
When I first saw myself all dressed up as I always wanted to be, I knew who I was. Joy Belinda Carter:<3:

Teresa Amina
06-28-2007, 10:23 PM
Indeed. Why else should I have hidden so well from myself if she were not me? I knew I was in here, and tried not to see for a very long time. But I had to eventually, shaving the beard and dressing completely. There I was. Perhaps the greatest fear was really that it wasn't me? Who knows? But I'm happy with the realisation, if not with the length of the road ahead to completeness.

MarinaTwelve200
06-28-2007, 10:38 PM
No. my MALE self is my true self. We cross dress for different reasons. Indeed I can see why a guy who considers his true self his fem self crossdresses. But those of us who see our male self as our true self may have different reasons to CD. For ME I CD to ESCAPE my true self---like taking a vacation from myself---very calming and relaxing.

chucks
06-28-2007, 11:37 PM
true self is beyond silly and mundane concepts. take up meditation.

Eileen
06-28-2007, 11:59 PM
Marie like you my true side is female. For me living f/t is the only option.

Eileen

Hermione Simpson
06-29-2007, 12:37 AM
i know hermione is my true self, pity i can't live like this 24/7 365 (366 when it's a leap year) at the moment

Chantelle CD
06-29-2007, 02:39 AM

HaHaHa:clap::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Your true self goes way beyond gender, anything you can imagine reality is, i have to laugh every time is see the term true self used this way.
your true self is the part of you that continues on when you die, your body and gender rots in the ground, and your ego dies with your brain. To live your life in pure harmony, complete selflessness, unyielding forgiveness, and you get a small chance to feel your true self, Like Chucks said try meditation :)

aka.laura
06-30-2007, 06:51 AM
It took some time but I have accepted my true self as a crossdresser. I don't want to be a woman, I just want to be myself. And I love it.

kathy333
06-30-2007, 07:12 AM
I have come to terms with my Fem-Self and accepted it as who I am thank to the help of my wife:love:. She gives me lots of support and encouragement to get me out and about. I now dress in women's clothing every day, I will often change befor going outside but she will say why did you change, you looked nice. She keeps telling me who cares what others think and say and tells me to just accept who I am.

Love to all,
Allison

now Allison has awife i think we all could, but as of right now i can't say my fem side is my true side I CAN'T SEAM TO LET PEOPLE SEE MY SHAVED LEGGS!

Kelsy
06-30-2007, 07:38 AM
That can be a sticky question! My true self is a combination of my birth sex, my gender Identification, years of conditioning and experience. My true self is a culmination of everything to this point which of course is continuing to evolve. My prefered self is Jennifer:heehee:

Jennifer

Kate Simmons
06-30-2007, 08:39 AM
Well, as you know Sandy, I'm always myself (my core self). I just dress in different modes sometimes.:happy:

Nikki A.
06-30-2007, 09:55 AM
I'm not exactly sure of who I am but I am a combination of both. Of course I wish I could be more open but such is life

Erinn
06-30-2007, 10:13 AM
My true self is the guy who works hard, raises his family and defended his country. Erinn is my alter ego and I could not live with her full time or without her part time.

I never wanted SRS and much enjoy the wedding tackle given to me.

cindi51
06-30-2007, 10:34 AM
My true self is male, husband, father, grandfather, who just happens to put on a dress or skirt sometimes, with all the associated finery. I don't think that makes me less of a man. I don't comtemplate SRS. But I also don't share that clothing choice with anyone but my dear wife.

susie evans
06-30-2007, 11:30 AM
i am very happy with who / what i am and enjoy life and all the nice people and things around us :hugs:

susie

Marla S
06-30-2007, 12:49 PM
I try to live my "true" self uninterrupted for over a year now.
I might be closer to it than ever, but I think I am not really there yet.
What I can tell so far is that it is non-(typical)-male, but it seems not sufficient enough to be considered female.
The more that I think the grass isn't greener on the other side, it just has a different taste. One that I seem to prefer.

Rita B
06-30-2007, 01:07 PM
I would have to say yes to that question, and that is why it is so difficult when you are in a situation or relationship that will not allow you to be "All That You Can Be !":hugs:

Rita

Country girl
06-30-2007, 08:41 PM
I know you are asking this of the CDer's but I'm curious. One's true self isn't really about what we wear is it? I don't want to confuse or upset anyone. But isn't who you are really more about your inner being and personality? Or maybe I'm misconstruing your question? Just curious. :hugs: CG GG

Dragster
07-01-2007, 06:32 PM
I'm with Cindi51, I'm a male who likes to wear (is excited by wearing!) female clothing from time to time, but I wish I could share it with my wife, who "does not want to know".

Tony

Toyah
07-01-2007, 06:44 PM
NO....

Karren

Ditto

marie354
07-01-2007, 08:24 PM
My true self is a culmination of everything to this point which of course is continuing to evolve. My preferred self is Jennifer:heehee:

Jennifer

I am continuing to evolve as well, Jen. I do prefer being Sandy anymore.

Well, as you know Sandy, I'm always myself (my core self). I just dress in different modes sometimes.:happy:

Sal, that's the way I feel too. It's the whole picture, not just one part.

I know you are asking this of the CDer's but I'm curious. One's true self isn't really about what we wear is it? I don't want to confuse or upset anyone. But isn't who you are really more about your inner being and personality? Or maybe I'm misconstruing your question? Just curious. :hugs: CG GG

I more than happy to hear replies from you or anyone else that has 2 cents to add. And... Yes, I was speaking of our inner being and how we feel who we are.

Frankie-Dear
07-01-2007, 08:58 PM
The wonderful thing, to me, about crossdressing, is that it has been a balancing, of sorts; of getting to know another facet of myself. At my core, I am Soul: Genderless, infinitely creative, playful, joyous, and without limits of any kind. To me, it's sort of a Yin/Yang sort of thing, in these lower, dualistic worlds.

Andi
07-02-2007, 04:45 PM

I agree with CGGG. CDing is what I do; not who I am.

Valerie
07-02-2007, 05:14 PM
I would like to agree with those who affirm beautifully that our True Self is beyond gender, but the problem is that most of the day I am not operating from my True Self, but from my more limited and conditioned self. I am comfortable in my role as a man--I know the part and can get through the day with ease. Why is dressing as a woman so powerfully different? (And recognizing my "feminine" behavior even in DRAB.) Because normally I don't have access to that aspect of the self that is revealed in high heels... (and at times I feel the extra height gives me a better view of who I am...)

Valerie

DonnaT
07-02-2007, 05:31 PM
My true self is a dual gendered (two spirited) self all wrapped up in a neat :whistling: package.

wtb Jessica
07-02-2007, 07:09 PM
thats all i have is my fem side.

Frankie-Dear
07-02-2007, 09:06 PM
I would like to agree with those who affirm beautifully that our True Self is beyond gender, but the problem is that most of the day I am not operating from my True Self, but from my more limited and conditioned self. I am comfortable in my role as a man--I know the part and can get through the day with ease. Why is dressing as a woman so powerfully different? (And recognizing my "feminine" behavior even in DRAB.) Because normally I don't have access to that aspect of the self that is revealed in high heels... (and at times I feel the extra height gives me a better view of who I am...)

Valerie

Human beings, I think, are on a sliding scale where gender and sexuality are concerned. It's never 100% one or the other... One thing is for certain: Whether male, female, drab, or en femme, we humans are possessed of more incredible beauty, more absolute LIGHT!, than we will ever know... :) :hugs:

Tina P Hose
07-08-2007, 03:46 PM
My trueself is one that really cares about the way things i belive that they ought' to be. I despise injustice and most Republicans, I also despise those who seem to make a career from welfare and govermont handouts. I love animals and and really get pissed off at those who hurt animals. It as well upsets me that those who play the kiss butt game, seem at times to get ahead in the work force. I need to be myself and part of that is crossdressing.
Perhaps I drink to much, but maybe not. I long to fall in love again and maybe someday that will happen. At times I belive that my crossdressing is due to the fact that I am only trying to please myself...and not actually really making an attempt at opening my heart to someone, (female). Perhaps crossdressing is just a sexual thing for me. And we all know that love is more than just a sexual thing. I also like tacos.

Sweet Jane
07-08-2007, 09:11 PM
<------------ this is my true self somedays.....other days I have another true self....I keep thinking I feel the same regardless of how I am dressed though, so I think my true self is contained somewhere deep in my brain.....not in my outward expression of the moment

marie354
07-08-2007, 09:23 PM
I just went back and re-read all the responses all over again and I want to thank all of you for your honesty.

My true self is in my inner core of being. It's who I am... Have always been, and will always be.
I'm finally learning how to open up more to express the complete "me".
(Thanks to a lot of you here.)

Kether
07-08-2007, 09:43 PM
True Self is much more than male of female. I agree with Chucks take up meditation or Zen. If wanting to feel like a woman or look like one is a hidden part of us what else are we, maybe a small universe? "I think therefore I am".I say rubbish what am I when I'm not thinking. I am not my mind my mind is just another sense. Ego must go it is the enemy, Cross dressing is a fantastic way of crushing the ego. Don't you feel in a amazing space when you dress up, Don't you feel free... cos ya ego does a runner cos it can't cope. There is no I.
Sorry for getting heavy. Who mentioned True Self.

Chantelle CD
07-09-2007, 01:40 AM
If one can see oneself in everything one sees, then one can see there true self, Because we can feel everything there is, we are just that! To simply call it the woman i feel i am at times, or the man i am at times, is just simply limiting. My mind will never fully know my true self, it is just to much for it to comprehend, and falls on faith, and connectivity, for feelings of completeness.

monika40
07-09-2007, 02:10 AM
I feel that true self is not gender specific. It is the accumulation of all your actions, experiences and how you present that result to others. As Popeye used to say, "I yam what I yam and that's all that I yam.

LilSissyStevie
07-09-2007, 08:37 PM
Saturday night I was dressed in satin and tulle. Sunday I went to an antique truck show. Today I assembled new furniture.

Boy or girl, I'm always my true self. Who else could I be?

Brianna Lovely
07-09-2007, 09:03 PM
Just being me, whoever that may be, at the moment.
Subject to change, without notice!

Oddlee
07-10-2007, 02:04 AM

We are who we are. I consider myself male, as does one of my best friends who knows about and appreciates my habits. She enjoys the feel of slinky undergarnents on me as much as I enjoy wearing them.

Seems like there was a well-known song about not getting what you want, but getting what you need... It's a big world,

Lee