PDA

View Full Version : Doctor’s orders!

NatalieH
06-29-2007, 12:21 PM
Took my mother to her doctor’s appointment today. The doctor said my mom might have trouble hearing me sometimes because of my deep voice, and told my mother I should speak to her in a “more feminine” voice. I asked the doctor if she could prescribe estrogen for me, and got a smile in reply – no prescription, though.

Natalie

Eileen
06-29-2007, 12:34 PM
Took my mother to her doctor’s appointment today. The doctor said my mom might have trouble hearing me sometimes because of my deep voice, and told my mother I should speak to her in a “more feminine” voice. I asked the doctor if she could prescribe estrogen for me, and got a smile in reply – no prescription, though.

Natalie

Natalie maybe you should get a new doctor!:D Do you and your mother have the same doctor? If not try your own doctor. After all you are doing this for your mother!

Eileen

Valerie Nicole
06-29-2007, 12:48 PM
Wow, nice response. Too bad it didn't work out...

Karren H
06-29-2007, 01:02 PM
Nice thought but hormones don't change your voice.. You can get boobs and hips and soft hair... With a deep voice!! Sorry!!

Karren

Mary Morgan
06-29-2007, 01:39 PM
Natalie, I love your story and your sense of humor. I don't want to make light of your mother's needs, but I'd be tempted to have her eyes examined. The doctor might suggest a more feminine appearance on your part. Gotta love that doctor. It is good that you are able to care for your mom. I wish I could care for mine.

Frankie-Dear
06-29-2007, 02:14 PM
Nice thought but hormones don't change your voice.. You can get boobs and hips and soft hair... With a deep voice!! Sorry!!

Karren

I've often thought that would be pretty funny... End up as a really cute girl, and having to deal with some boorish pig of a man, sort of giggling and behaving demurely until he goes too far, and then whipping out the loud, deep man voice on him, (sweet little girly voice), ":heehee:I said, (big manly voice) KNOCK IT OFF, YOU FRIGGIN' CREEP!!!!!!!" and then go back into femme mode... :heehee:

:devil:

Karren H
06-29-2007, 02:33 PM
Check out Alexis Arquette on Surreal life 6 on VH-1... She's pretty convincing but here voice is still lowish..

Karren

Natasha1974
06-29-2007, 04:19 PM
Hey, it was worth a shot!:D

DonnaT
06-29-2007, 06:12 PM
Check out Kate Bornstein's video with respect to voice at http://katebornstein.typepad.com/kate_bornsteins_blog/

Scroll down to April.

Frankie-Dear
06-29-2007, 07:03 PM
Nice one, Donna! Entertaining and educational. :) :hugs:

SherriePall
06-29-2007, 07:14 PM
Natalie -- Maybe I should start whispering so that my wife can't hear me! Think my doctor would also prescribe my talking in a more feminine tone? As for the hormones, I wonder if the doctor knows that they don't do a thing for the voice (but, oh, what they can do!). That seems to be the big thing some television shows get wrong about transgendered people (well, MtF at least).

NZ_Dawn
06-30-2007, 03:02 AM
What we would do for our mums eh?

NatalieH
06-30-2007, 09:40 PM
...I'd be tempted to have her eyes examined. The doctor might suggest a more feminine appearance on your part.

Louise,

What a great idea! And you know, her vision IS a little off...maybe I could get shopping trips to VS written off as medical expenses...

Nat

Ammdi
06-30-2007, 10:03 PM
Dr.'s orders....hows this: I have been getting the sex headache. that intense migraine pain that hits RIGHT before orgasm. My GF made me go to the Dr. Well long story short, after cat scans and more, he gives me a pain pill prescription, says to take one at least 1/2 hour before sex, and to let him know how it works. I interpreted that as

Dr.'s ordres to have sex! :clap:

Wow.