PDA

View Full Version : yesterday

Princess29
06-29-2007, 03:28 PM
I had quite a day yesterday, 4 things happened

1-Yesterday I was out shopping with mum for computers when she wanted to go to a shopping centre. We came across a women's clothing store (called Supre) and she wanted to stop in for a look. There were other similar stores nearby and I thought she was going to be a while so she asked me "Is there something around here that you could look at for a while?" (meaning sports store or computer game shop etc you know, something "manly") and while I thought "yeah, I could look at Supre" I just said "I'm sure I could find something in this place"

2-Just a quick note first, for about 10 years I had a pretty prominent, very noticeable goatee beard and one day I decided to shave it off but start growing it back straight away (its off for good now though) and mum didn't even notice.
Okay, a few weeks back I decided to remove the hair on my hands to attend the queen's ball in brisbane and also more recently I had decided to trim my eyebrows. Last night Mum, who was tired, cranky and not thinking straight noticed both those things then and decided to ask me about them. I just tried to dismiss it by saying "hey, I was bored" and I think she seemed to buy it. She noticed those things at that time of night?

3-I was chatting to a friend on windows messenger last night (non cd) and I've only known him a relatively short amount of time and he was someone that I thought might be looking for a flatmate and we get along really well so I thought that if I was going to formally ask if he wants a flatmate, I had to tell him about Melissa, so I did. He didnt think it was quite the big deal that I made it out to be but we'll see if it comes back to bite me in the you-know-whats. He thought it was "funny as". I asked him does he respect me enough to know how big a deal this is to me and not to sell me out to anyone and he said yes so we'll see if I can take him at his word.

4-I was chatting later on an aussie t-girl website and mum came in and asked me what I was going to wear to my sister in law's birthday party tomorrow (today now but she asked me last night) and while it is winter here and it has been quite cold, I was going to wear a t shirt, shorts and a big jacket and my goodness, you'd swear I said I was going to wear a dress or something. She made such a big deal out of it. I dress how I want and if a t-shirt and shorts makes me comfortable (and that's been my "style" for my whole life) then what's the big deal?. If I have to dress to impress then I will but I don't have to impress the people at the party and its going to be inside anyway. She kept saying "at least wear jeans" so just to shut her up I agreed and while I do have a pair of women's jeans in my cupboard not hidden at all that aren't overly girly and its tempting to wear them today, its not worth the headache.
Another reason that I won't tell mum about Melissa and in fact, don't like talking to her about anything as I'm always at fault in her eyes, no matter what might have happened.

Quite a day huh? Those last three things happened between 9 and 10.30 last night

Melissa

Lovely Rita
06-29-2007, 04:00 PM
So cool that your friend did not think your dressing up was such a big deal.

RobertaFermina
06-29-2007, 04:01 PM
Hmmmm...... is mum catching on ?

At the very least...Melissa is the silent partner in all of your conversations.

:rose: Roberta :rose:

Princess29
06-29-2007, 04:18 PM
Hmmmm...... is mum catching on ?

At the very least...Melissa is the silent partner in all of your conversations.

:rose: Roberta :rose:

I don't know Roberta, part of me thinks that if I told her she would just say "oh yeah that, I've known about that for years" but there's also another part that knows that she won't accept it. My parents are very religious, very conservative and very homophobic so anything that conflicts with any of those three things wouldn't go down so well. They wouldn't disown me but they wouldn't understand either (I don't understand it myself).
Prior to telling my sister, I could have sworn she knew about Melissa given some of the things she used to say and some of the things I used to do but after the announcement, she said she had absolutely no idea.
I just don't think the potential benefits are worth the repercussions, fallout and headaches ensuing from any revelation so Melissa stays away for now.
Actions and words can have consequences which you have to live with

Melissa