PDA

View Full Version : Meet another forum member

Chiana
06-29-2007, 10:55 PM
I meet another forum member and it was really great. I know we violated some cardinal rule but we were both in drab. I have never had the opportunity to discuss cross dressing with out feeling any apprehension at all. It was really cool. Strangely calming in a way. We met for a round of golf together, today. Thanks AllThingsPretty. I had a great time.

susie evans
06-30-2007, 12:00 AM
i have met a couple of members of the forum and they were very nice it has been a good experiance :hugs:

susie

sterling12
06-30-2007, 12:03 AM
Sorry, I didn't see that rule posted. The one about doin' a "meet-up," and you both have to be fully dressed in a very minimum of evening gowns. Would have been really difficult on The Golf Course!

I think it's perfectly acceptable to meet this way, for the first time. Now, when are you all going to meet again, will you both be dressed this time, and will we get a report?

I hope you two played a decent round, but I kind of doubt it. Think your minds were probably occupied with other thoughts.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Barb Valentine
06-30-2007, 12:05 AM
I did enjoy meeting MJ awhile back
It is fun to do
Glad you enjoyed it to Chiana

BarbaraTalbot
06-30-2007, 12:51 AM
Except the golf..A good walk spoiled.

Glad you enoyed it.

I would like to attend an event of some kind. I contacted my local chapter of tri-ess in my enthusiasm a week ago, and got no response at all. ~sad~

Sheri 4242
06-30-2007, 01:00 AM
We haven't met with anyone from here face-to-face, yet. When we found out that Louise and Carin were going to do a wedding like ours in Las Vegas, and they picked the same chapel that we were using, we had hoped that we could meet them and actually have back-to-back ceremonies. Unfortunately, our schedules didn't mesh at that time, so it looked like a no-go and we went ahead and held our ceremony. Then we were very concerned to learn of Louise's stroke!!! That, in turn, put their ceremony on hold. Maybe when Louise is up to it, they will have "their day" in Vegas - and I know we'd love to attend if at all humanly possible.

Our ceremony turned out to be so very special, that we'd like to be in attendance for their's. (Heck, I had never thought of this -- being a bride was a major dream come true for me, but now I'd like to be somebody's bridesmaid! AHEM -- HINT, HINT, Carin!!!!)

HAD WE PLANNED things better, we probably could have had some of our sisters who live in Vegas in attendance . . . and that would have been so'ooo cool. They were nice enough to invite us to dine out with them when they knew we were heading out that way, unfortunately their "night out" was the same day as our wedding. Maybe next time -- I'll be back b/c I absolutely love Las Vegas!!! It is a great city -- and so much more than what many stereotypically think!!!

And SAVANNAH -- now that I know there is a CDer near there, and since it is where I grew up, I'd love to meet local CDers when I go back for a visit!!!

And FLORIDA -- I live so close to Florida, and I know many of our sisters live there, it would be great to meet some of them, too!!! I know there are several areas in Florida where they are very CD-friendly!!!

Mitch23
06-30-2007, 02:51 PM
I met another forum member earlier in the month at a support group meeting and a charming young lady she is too! Because I had read her posts for such a long time and she is using a realistic picture of herself as her atavar, I felt like we were old friends!

Mitch

marie354
06-30-2007, 05:27 PM
I've only met one person from this site, and we had a grand time. I invited her to my home for an evening. I had been dressed all day, and when she arrived and got dressed it was great. We sipped on sodas and talked and talked and talked, for hours until she had to return home. She only fully dresses in the winter and we plan meeting again and going shopping when she's ready to start dressing again.

I glad that you enjoyed yourself.
:hugs:

Miss Petra
06-30-2007, 08:45 PM
Ive Met 5 members face to face from this forum. Because of this forum we started a local monthly support/social breakfast for the express purpose to help others get out of the closet & go out dressed in public when they are ready. I was one that came out of the closet now i'm helping others.

I look at this forum as a gateway & a tool to meet others in our community whether they are near or far. When it happens in person all the better.

Petra

marti
07-01-2007, 12:46 AM
I was at the breakfast with Miss Petra today. It was the first time that I had met any other cds on a personal level and it was great. I only wish that I could have stayed longer and chatted with everyone.

Alice B
07-01-2007, 02:16 AM
Have not yet met anyone face to face although have had several off site discussions. Looking forward to my first meeting in drab or dressed, under safe conditions. Meeting on the golf course is a great way to get to know another person. Who and what you are will become quickly evident after 18 holes.:hugs:

Joy Carter
07-01-2007, 02:29 AM
I thank god I had took the time to meet up with another girl from here. It was like I was listening to myself when she related her experiences to me. It really was the big reason why I have accepted myself. Can't recommend doing more.

AllThingsPretty
07-01-2007, 07:04 AM
My golf outing with Chiana was an amazing experience for me. It was the first time being open about myself with someone other then my wife. I also really enjoyed listening to Chiana's experiences. I found that hearing some of the same things that I have felt and been through coming from a real person made me feel a whole lot better, and gave me such a positive feeling about how I see myself now. I am just a regular guy who absolutely loves to look like a girl, and as of yesterday I am very proud of it.

PS. The golf was fun too :D

rose382832
07-01-2007, 07:09 AM
we ( my so and myself) have met close to a dozen members of this forum in person and it was a wonderfull experience for the most part. looking forward to meeting the rest eventualy.:hugs: for all

Mitch23
07-01-2007, 07:16 AM
we ( my so and myself) have met close to a dozen members of this forum in person and it was a wonderfull experience for the most part. looking forward to meeting the rest eventualy.:hugs: for all
anytime you're in the uk, come down to Cornwall!

Mitch

Wendy me
07-01-2007, 07:18 AM
i have met a few of our members here ... and it was pleasant ... relay nice to share who we are with others like us....

Kate Simmons
07-01-2007, 07:33 AM
My CD friends and I meet in drab a lot Chiana. Just friends being friends, you know?:happy:

Angie G
07-01-2007, 08:22 AM
That's nice you enjoyed the day :hugs:
Angie

AllThingsPretty
07-01-2007, 08:27 AM
The best part was just meeting someone for this forum. You see people post all the time about wanting to get together, But to actually do it was fun.

Lynette
07-01-2007, 09:54 AM
I live close to some one form the form but very nervous about a meeting. I don't know why just am.
Lynette::straightface:

Chiana
07-01-2007, 11:02 AM
I live close to some one form the form but very nervous about a meeting. I don't know why just am.
Lynette::straightface:

I understand completely. Like most others, I have been living a life of secrets. It is hard to be willing to reveal yourself to someone you don't know. AllThingsPretty and I had numerous email correspondence before arranging a meeting. It helped us to get to know eash other a little before we agreed to meet. And a golf outing, in our case, seemed to be pretty safe for both of us. It was fun.

JoAnnDallas
07-02-2007, 08:52 AM
Hopefully I will get to meet another forum member this Saturday night. I belone to the Dallas area Tri-Ess and our monthly meeting is this Saturday evening.

Joanne f
07-02-2007, 09:09 AM
Thank good for that, so it can be done , two people meeting in drab i was beginning to think it was an impossible quest i was on .
thank you you have given me new hope :happy:
Joanne

KandisTX
07-02-2007, 09:27 AM
I personally think that meeting up with other members from here would be good for many of us. Sort of like creating our own network of "gurlfriends" in the real world as well as here in cyberspace. I know a few of the TG community here in Houston, but have not been out to any functions in some time. I might be up for meeting up.. and if there's golf involved, well that makes it all the better.

Kandis:love:

Emily Ann Brown
07-02-2007, 09:38 AM
Many of the girls I've met have been in drab....is less "threatening" for some. Love the mental connection with a like mind.

And contrary to the gossip mill, Karren and I have never seen each other face to face dressed ...... as women. (giggle giggle)

Emily Ann

Karren H
07-02-2007, 10:05 AM
Many of the girls I've met have been in drab....is less "threatening" for some. Love the mental connection with a like mind.

And contrary to the gossip mill, Karren and I have never seen each other face to face dressed ...... as women. (giggle giggle)
Emily Ann

There you go again fueling the rumor mill!! Need some coal? There was that plan to meet at a campsite restroom somewhere near Franklin... But we never made the trip... :( Hehe

And though I've never met anyone from this formum face to face.. I do IM with a ton of members... And timing is everything for me....... Kimberly (TX) keeps ending up on the wrong side of the state and Marcie in SWV is never around when I bop through!! Lol

But I've met many local girls and one exCD/Admirer for lunches mainly.. And usually in drab but a few times enfemme.. Always fun to chat with someone with the same hobby..

Karren