PDA

View Full Version : Dressing to Attract Men

leggy_tiana
06-30-2007, 07:39 AM
I was wondering how many of us consciously make clothing/wardrobe decisions to attract the admiring eye of a man or do you dress mainly for yourself?

I must admit that although I have always been attracted to feminine beauty and other girls, I enjoy dressing up for men. It is highly encouraging to have a guy find me femininely attractive. I enjoy dressing in outfits that men find flirty and sexy, however, I do not believe in dressing in a ****ty manner. Having a man compliment me on my appearance tells me I am doing "it" right.

Marla S
06-30-2007, 07:41 AM
:OMG: NO !!!

I dress for myself, hope that most don't care, hope that some GGs might find it interesting, but fear GMs could be attracted or become agressive.... a nightmare :shocked:

Angie G
06-30-2007, 07:41 AM
I dress just for me hun the only one that see me is my wife

Sedona
06-30-2007, 07:47 AM
I dress just for myself, and the occasional forum picture post. And, I suppose, as I'm a guy, I'm dressing in a manner that a guy would find attractive. Don't have any desire to attract other men though, and my girlfriend isn't so into my girl-self, sigh.

If you do go for the guy vote, it depends on what you're going for, and what kind of look you can pull off. To me, the ****ty look isn't a huge turn-off (heh heh), but for some men it is. There's all kinds of ways to approach this.

Hermione Simpson
06-30-2007, 07:55 AM
no, i dress for myself and not to attract men

Stephenie S
06-30-2007, 08:01 AM
Pretty much I dress for myself. I don't want to attract the attention of a man. I am already in a loving, commited, monogamous, relationship, so I am not "shopping". I could not possibly "pass" to the extent of attracting a guy, anyway.

Lovies,
Stephie

Wendy me
06-30-2007, 08:01 AM
lol i don't want to attract men ..... hell i got one liven in this body that i can't get rid of ......

Katie Moore
06-30-2007, 08:02 AM
Me, me and me. Dressing for a man or hoping to attract a man is not my cup of tea. I think that's a different culture but I do not know what you would call it. Maybe a she male or something like that. Help me here ladies.....

Lovely Rita
06-30-2007, 08:35 AM
I never really thought about it but I dress with what I like. I guess what I like is also what I find most feminine and so it can be attractive to others. To answer the question I dress for me.

Amanda Shaft
I don’t dress to attract men. However in a bar on one of my very few outings en femme a guy said to me “You look absolutely stunning!” It made me feel great!

Further to this. I said “Thanks I try my best!” After however I felt this was less than generous. I guess it took me back, no one has given me any sort of compliment in male mode for years, I didn’t really know how to react or what to say. Next time I’ll thank them for saying so and that it’s nice to be appreciated. (Even if you are obviously blind drunk!)
Amanda x

Kate Simmons
I dress for no one but myself Tiana (either way).:happy:

Patty
06-30-2007, 08:42 AM
Only for myself

michellebesweet
06-30-2007, 09:05 AM
I agree with you. But as men, we know what we like to see on a woman and what attracts us to them. When we look into that mirror, we know we "Look Good", "Look Sexy", "Look Conservative", or "****y". And we can make that decision as to how we would view a woman dressed like that. As a matter of fact, I pick out all of my SO's clothing because she values my opinion as a man and wants to look good. Dress how you would like to see yourself in another persons eyes, man or woman.

CrossdressinGoth
06-30-2007, 09:36 AM
I dress for myself, but I also dress for male attraction. I try to wear sexy clothes when I go out, some of which looks ****ty in some peoples opinions, but I like the style of clothes and the way I look and feel in them. If I can get a guy to honk, yell, whistle, say something to me while dressed, it makes me feel so much better. I have a wide range of clothes I wear but in all honesty my favorite attire is the "****ty" look, but I do wear more conservative sexy numbers as well so its not an all the time thing

Erinn
06-30-2007, 09:48 AM
I dress for myself and pure fantasy. However when I am out I do dress tastefully and have had admiring glances, whistle and cat calls out on the street. It's nice to be appreciated for the effort I make.

I do not deliberately dress to attract men, and it makes me nervous when I do draw undue attention. It has given me the feeling a real girls gets when someone tries to chat her up and she is not looking.

Once I had to be rescued by a Gay friend when someone was pursueing me, his has all over me and I couldn't get away. My friend walked me safely to my car.

The nicest compliment I ever had was while I was out at Karaoke on a Summer's eve and two women came to my table to chat me up and complimenting me on the makeup , jewlery, and dress details that I made to be presentable. She said some guy at the bar made a dispairing remake and she replied "at least he doesn't have a beer belly like you" .

They told me I was very welcome at the pub and to come back anytime.
As I sang "Somewhere Beyond the Sea" I got great applause from the straight crowd. It was a night to remember.

So sorry if I got off track there. I do go on............

Ericka2
06-30-2007, 10:07 AM
It kind of works on what kind of person you are, i like to take care of my self and look presentable either in a man mode or female, and of course, i like compliments from either male or female, of course, i can never think about getting something going with a man since i know that i'm trully atracted to women, but i been complimented by a few men and it feels great.

Love Ericka

Brianna Lovely
06-30-2007, 10:29 AM
First, I dress for myself, and I have recieved some nice compliments from men and yes, it made me feel wonderful.

Second, hmmm, if I was in my twenties, I think I'd be out trying to attract a man, but not dressing ****ty.

Now, if I could only find a man that found me attractive enough to marry me, mmmmmmmmm. Yeah, dream on, girl, giggle.

Emma England
06-30-2007, 10:41 AM
I have no interest in guys at all, and certainly do not dress to attract them.

I wear clothes that make me feel good.

Patricia Danielle
06-30-2007, 10:55 AM
Well I'm not out to impress anyone, so I dress for myself. If it's comfortable I'll wear it but mostly skirts. Guess I'm old fashion I just love long skirts and or dresses..Patricia..:drink: I have coffee life is good..

Alice Torn
06-30-2007, 10:57 AM
I have only been out, fully dressed as lady, four times, almost two years ago. The only time, i was out, all day, walking sidewalks, one car, a guy yelled, something lustful, angry. Another teenage lady, shouted OMG, OMG! Later, shouts, from two other cars, more like wolf calls. It felt good, except for the younf lady's comments. It was a little scary, because, as i was walking to my car, a guy came out of the cafe, across the street, and was really scoping me out. Everyone in that cafe, got a long look. I have not been out, inalmost two years. Yes, i do dress, for myself, and partly, to see the reaction, in men, but, i am attracted to women.

brenya
06-30-2007, 11:00 AM
I would like to be viewed as attractive by anyone seeing me, not just men, but since I have never been out I can't really say much :/

LaFem
06-30-2007, 11:01 AM
I dress in clothes that I think are attractive to men. I want to look, act and feel like a real woman. Why would I dress any other way? If I am attractive to a man, then I have succeeded in my quest for femininity. I know there are very many variations to our crossdressing, but I think many here are too quick to deny any sexual content in their dressing. Quack Quack!

Sheela
06-30-2007, 12:46 PM
Like most of the other girls I just dress for myself. I love the look and feel of the clothing on myself and enjoy the way I look. But I have to agree that if someone did compliment me on how I looked, I would also know that I am doing the right thing.

Sheela

Holly
06-30-2007, 12:55 PM
Uaaaah, no. The only person whose opinion matters to me is ME. I don't need the opinion of a man to validate who I am. Since I am not attracted to men, why would I wnat to attact them to me?

Toyah
06-30-2007, 12:56 PM
Why would I want to attract a guy I am not gay !!!!!!!!!:eek:

Tvanessa
06-30-2007, 01:55 PM
I dress for myself although I could see being flattered if a man complimented me. Since I dress around the house and haven't ventured out I guess the point is a moot one.

Mitch23
06-30-2007, 02:13 PM
and you are - and you do!

Mitch

Crissy Kay
06-30-2007, 02:56 PM
I dress to please myself. I am not interested in men. I am attracted to some other cds though!!!

Chantelle CD
06-30-2007, 03:29 PM
Just for myself as well, how it makes me feel. Haveing this part of me accepted by others means nothing to me at all, except for my SO. she knows absolutly all of me :)

If this gives you pleasure, :) that is great, enjoy it, and have fun with it, because it doesnt for me, or a lot of us, means nothing at all.

susie evans
06-30-2007, 03:53 PM
no way i only dress for my benefit and am not atracted to men at all no thanks

susie

Mollyanne
06-30-2007, 04:13 PM
lol i don't want to attract men ..... hell i got one liven in this body that i can't get rid of ......
Well said Wendy, Well Said

:love: Mollyanne

Fab Karen
06-30-2007, 04:23 PM
I dress with what I like. I guess what I like is also what I find most feminine and so it can be attractive to others. To answer the question I dress for me.

I relate to this.

-------
Don't hate me because I'm beautiful, hate your boyfriend for drooling over me:happy:

marie354
06-30-2007, 04:53 PM
I dress for my mood usually, but a compliment, even from another man is good to hear. I hadn't thought about dressing to attract men. I don't think I'm gay... At least not yet. I do try to dress nice though, which I'm sure that some men would like. Even if they weren't gay.
:hugs:

Brianna Lovely
06-30-2007, 05:48 PM
I do try to dress nice though, which I'm sure that some men would like. Even if they weren't gay.

Well put, Sandra, I think it's the straight guys, we have to watch out for, giggle.

windycissy
06-30-2007, 06:54 PM
I'm a bit past the hottie phase...when I put on something really nice, it's the other women I dress for. Most women are much more observant of what other women are wearing....

CrossdressinGoth
06-30-2007, 07:28 PM
I'm a bit past the hottie phase...when I put on something really nice, it's the other women I dress for. Most women are much more observant of what other women are wearing....

i agree with this, but I really love getting the male attention. I am bi so that helps but still, I love the idea of guys turning their heads towards me, it just makes me feel sexy and wanted, which is what I like to go for

Jodi
06-30-2007, 07:35 PM
I dress for me when out. I appreciate a nice compliment from a male, but not any undue attention. I dig women not guys. I especially like it when I get a compliment from a woman. That means I'm giving off the impression that I want to give.

Jodi

CrossdressinGoth
06-30-2007, 07:46 PM
I know for a fact when a woman compliments you on an outfit, that is because she feels that you as a girl did a very well job on putting your outfit together. I guess the more I think about it I like both, but I honestly feel more like a woman inside (thread coming later about this) so to get the male attention seems more right to me. all in all if I can get good reactions from both i feel really good

leggy_tiana
07-01-2007, 11:57 AM
After reading the many responses, it seems to me that many misinterpreted my question. I did not want to imply that we dress a certain way because we are attracted to men. The question really refers to men perceiving us as femininely attractive. I know for myself it is important for me to be perceived as femininely attractive as possible to a man and, therefore, I dress accordingly. Of course, in most situations, it is also they way I wish to dress and be seen. It just seems to me that when I catch the admiring eye of a gentleman, my femininity is validated and it is very encouraging.

Mitch23
07-01-2007, 01:54 PM
I don’t dress to attract men. However in a bar on one of my very few outings en femme a guy said to me “You look absolutely stunning!” It made me feel great!

Further to this. I said “Thanks I try my best!” After however I felt this was less than generous. I guess it took me back, no one has given me any sort of compliment in male mode for years, I didn’t really know how to react or what to say. Next time I’ll thank them for saying so and that it’s nice to be appreciated. (Even if you are obviously blind drunk!)
Amanda x
Good question - for me and other girls I suppose. I would love a nice comliment from a guy but I would also be a little nervous! Mitch is very demure and innocent and just doesn't do that sort of thing!

Mitch

Lora Olivia
07-01-2007, 03:55 PM
I dress as a way to express my feminine persona...this being said, what girl doesn't like to be attractive or desirable. Have only been out in daytime public a couple of times but if a manly man would compliment me or show a desire i would take this as being a sign that i had done well in presenting myself. Alas, being a large "gurl", i think most of my comments will be my own. A look in the mirror saying, "Sweety you look good"

Alex!
07-01-2007, 04:06 PM
I dress for myself, and have no desire to attract a guy. Indeed, the idea of a guy coming on to me turns me right off (no offense meant, but you know what I mean).

On the other hand, I could easily feel myself becoming offended if I was in a group of hot crossdressers and t-girls and everyone got compliments from dudes except me :D I do want to come off as an attractive chick to anyone, I suppose. Don't we all want to look attractive in our own way?

sami1952
07-01-2007, 04:10 PM
I totally dress for myself,i like to look and dress as a women as much as possible.

Country girl
07-01-2007, 04:19 PM
I know this question is directed at CDers but I thought I'd jump in. Even being a GG who is SINGLE, I don't dress up to attract a man. I dress to please myself. If a man is attracted to me, I would hope it is for more reasons than what I am wearing or for that matter how I look. :hugs: CG GG

chucks
07-01-2007, 04:24 PM
eh i'd like it as much as if a woman complimented me. not interested in sex with anyone. would make me smile though.

Glenda
07-01-2007, 04:36 PM
I dress for myself at home. I'm sitting her now in a tank top, half slip, house shoes and no make-up. I dress for everyone else when I go out. I want both guys and girls to think I look good. And let's be honest, I don't dream or worry about who is going to try to pick me up when I'm getting ready to go out. I'm thinking about doing a good job of putting on my make-up, wearing something that looks good on me and looking forward to being out enfemme. Just because you want to be attractive to men or women doesn't mean you expect to bring one home with you.

Tamera
07-02-2007, 06:20 AM
I dress for my competition.

I love seeing how other girls put themselves together. Makeup, clothes, accessories, eyebrows, hair, etc.

Then after that, I dress for the ATTRACTION.
LOL
Tamera

karynspanties
07-02-2007, 08:25 AM
I am an exhibitionist. Look at my avatar! That's all me......I do not dress ****ty by any means. But I do want the attention of men. I love the compliments. When I go out, I usually will try and get the attention of a man. Usually I will be pulling into a shopping center parking lot and see him either going to his car or sitting in it. I will pull in so he will see me get out. Then I bend over slightly like I am looking for something in the car. Once I have his attention....let the show begin. Usually I will let my skirt ride up a little showing the tops of my thigh highs and maybe some lace from my slip. I have had more than one come up and ask if I needed any help. I just say no. They usually hang out for a closer look. I give it to them. Had a few cop a feel too.:happy: Never had a bad experiance yet. Been doing this for about six years.

Karren H
07-02-2007, 08:50 AM
I dress for myself and choose clothing that I think looks good on me.. Don't really need validation from anyone else.. My hobby... Mine and mine alone.. Only thing in my life that truely is mine and doesn't require anyone elses participation or input and that the way I like it!!!

If someone else gets pleasrue from looking at me so be it.... I could care less... As long as I'm having fun and not getting hastled......

Karren

carolinebrookes
07-02-2007, 09:43 AM
Just for me and me only. I know that when I'm out, I do get looked at. I'm not so sure if it's because I'm nice to look at or if I have been "clocked" by others. Hopefully the first one!

I wouldn't consider my style to be "****ty" when out. I dress to blend in and sometimes this means jeans and a top with flatties. I still hope I look feminine enough that people would look and say to themselves "There is a pretty girl"...... but I don't dress to attract men.

Frankie-Dear
07-02-2007, 10:11 AM
I wouldn't want to attract men, but I would like to dress and behave in a way that men would find attractive. It's a subtle difference, but it's an important distinction. Just as with GG's, I dress for myself, to feel comfortable and/or pretty. If I received a compliment from a man, I would be flattered and happy about it.

If I attracted a man and he started pawing me, Frankie would have to take a momentary backseat while Frank came out and made a few terse remarks. ;)

Tree GG
07-02-2007, 10:21 AM
....that says most women's fashion is created to be attractive to men. Do women dress up to attract other women? Sometimes. Do they dress as a form of self expression? Sometimes.

But odds are that over 50% of clothing marketed as women's is designed to match what men find attractive and sexy. Therefore, if a CD wears women's clothes, whether meaning to or not, she is dressing in a manner designed to attract men. Also, your clothing preferences are probably skewed toward what a man finds attractive because......well, that one's obvious.

I'm not saying anyone is trying to attract a male for any reason what-so-ever. I'm just saying that any sociology major will tell you that the majority of women's clothes (especially anything considered trendy) is designed with male attraction in mind so by wearing said garments, you're potentially attracting male attention.

KimberlyS
07-02-2007, 10:40 AM
I dress for myself and not to attract attention. Most of my dressing is under and /or unisex femme clothes presenting male. And the times I do dress fully in a feminine presentation I dress to blend in with those I will be around not to stick out and draw attention. I do not get out to attract someone. I get out to be myself.

The only person I want to attract is my wife and that is with my male presentation.

Jeri.x
07-02-2007, 06:15 PM
First, I dress for myself. I'm a flirt, so usually sexy.
Second, yes! to attract men. There I admit it. In my mind I'm a girl so it's only natural to try to attract the opposite sex (I'm not trying to disregard the cds & etc. if they might be attracted as I hope so 'coz I wanna be liked. As a matter of fact I very much appreciate it too). Like Karynspanties, I'm a bit of an exhibitionist. Don't get me wrong I'm not a **** or anything. It's just flirting and meeting a guy for friendships (no sex involve). There my :2c:.:D

DonnaT
07-02-2007, 06:35 PM
I too dress for myself.

But I do dress for others as well. When going out.

For example, I could easily go to the club looking like a guy in a skirt. No wig, no makeup. But people at the club expect to see Donna. And I figure that some of them would be uncomfortable seeing me in my male mode and in a skirt. So, I dress fully enfemme.

I don't dress to attract anyone, however.

RobertaFermina
07-02-2007, 08:02 PM
I dress for me....and me wants attention, intreraction and fun....and compliments.

If I dress sexy, I am as likely to get a compliment from a woman as a man....more likely, I believe.

I wore a denim miniskirt with a close fitting white longsleeved blouse and my new C Cup forms....I thought that guys might like it alot, especially when I saw my (recently waxed) legs in my new full length (and wide) mirror.

Do I sound a little vain ? If you think then you are not paying close attention...I'm A LOT Vain and I'm not denying or resisting it...only way to move on to the rest of the fun :heehee:

I was quite comfortable with the idea that guys might feel turned on, or, at the very least, uncomfortably confused by my well proportioned thighs and legs (muscular but not "ripped", lightly fatted). I know I was turned on by my own legs! LOL!

So my answer is *ALL THREE* ; I want to turn on myself, women and men.....animals, demons and angels will have to find other objects of desire !

I have begun to think about what might happen if a man wanted to engage with me and take things to a more tactile level.....I'm still at that place which depends on which man...and still at no hurries. There's plently of clothes, accessories, and women and miniskirts to keep me deliciously distracted forever.

:rose: Roberta :rose:

Josie femme
07-07-2007, 11:21 AM
I don't dress for public opinon, but if and when I dress. I like to look as femme, girlly, and sexy as possible. If I did go out, I would like to think guys a\o girls would like what they see.:happy:

CrossdressinGoth
07-07-2007, 11:31 AM
As of late Ive been going out on many late night walks, I do dress to "****ty" cause its what I like and I feel good in it. I honestly like it when guys look at me, holler, whistle, etc. The other night I actually had a guy stop and ask me if he could "take me somewhere". I did tell him no (in a fem voice) and he said ok and went on. He did think I was a woman and it did help me cause I was on a darker street walking.

My fiance doesnt mind me wearing what I do but she dislikes my hiking my skirt up, showing the tops of my thigh highs, etc... Honestly I love getting male attention. I feel so right getting eyed up by men when Im dressed as a woman. I dont know, just something about dressing the way I do and having men look at me the way they do at times just feels so right.

TexasTiffany
07-12-2007, 07:32 PM
I dress to attract men

janet1234
07-12-2007, 09:19 PM
Yes Crissy Kay, I also would like to meet other CD's, Florida.

Karynspanties, your post is a delight, I can just picture such an encounter.

andreaattimes
08-25-2007, 01:11 AM
I dress for me. I buy clothes that I like. If I had a SO or another CD friend and they wanted me to try a particular I would.

Seville
08-25-2007, 01:31 AM
And I would be concerned if I did...Very Concerned!!!

Zee
08-25-2007, 01:43 AM
For myself. But what I find attractive in womens dress is what I like to dress in. I wholly enjoy it. Compliments do feel good, from either gender, but I don't go fishing for them. I do what makes me feel good, if I get a compliment, so much the better.

sterling12
08-25-2007, 01:53 AM
I would like to claim that I dress in certain styles only to please myself. But, that would be a lie.

When I'm out in a club, at a meeting, hangin' out with friends, I really enjoy being complimented about my looks and clothes. If the complimenter is a guy or a gal, I am equally flattered.

So, in an abstract way, I am dressing for men......and women too! I don't consciously dress with a specific idea of attracting males. I just need to be worshiped! (LOL)

Peace and Love, Joanie

Christine Kelly
08-25-2007, 06:35 AM
Yeah, I dress for a man. . . . me! :happy:

Jillm
08-25-2007, 06:38 AM
I dress for myself. When I do dress to go out, I try to dress so that I don’t attract anyone’s attention male or female.

prabha
08-25-2007, 06:40 AM
I wouldn't want to attract men
but it is for me:happy:

Rosaliy Lynne
08-25-2007, 09:56 AM
I was wondering how many of us consciously make clothing/wardrobe decisions to attract the admiring eye of a man or do you dress mainly for yourself?

I must admit that although I have always been attracted to feminine beauty and other girls, I enjoy dressing up for men. It is highly encouraging to have a guy find me femininely attractive. I enjoy dressing in outfits that men find flirty and sexy, however, I do not believe in dressing in a ****ty manner. Having a man compliment me on my appearance tells me I am doing "it" right.

I dress to please me and express the woman I am and love to be. I agree with you that it speaks well for my effort to have a man compliment me on my appearance. It makes me feel good when ANYONE notices me in a positive manner. It is a tremendous feeling of empowerment and validation.

Dita_B
08-25-2007, 04:37 PM
The question really refers to men perceiving us as femininely attractive. I know for myself it is important for me to be perceived as femininely attractive as possible and, therefore, I dress accordingly. Of course, in most situations, it is also they way I wish to dress and be seen. It just seems to me that when I catch the admiring eye of a gentleman, my femininity is validated and it is very encouraging.

Well said Tiana... I can stand fully behind your statement.

Although I also feel like what Karin says in Post #48 about exploring her exhibitionism, which I too like to do to a certain extent and I agree with what Tree GG says in her post #52 from a more philosophical point of view and I can find myself in Roberta's post #56....as well.

So do I dress to attract the attention of men? Not primarily, but I for sure dress to be attractive and that includes men as they are by nature the first ones to scan and "judge" the looks of a woman they encounter... Hey, I know... I am one of them...

So although I do not go out and dress to attract the attention of men, in the end it seems to inevitably boil down to it eh?

:love:Dita.

JOEY88
08-25-2007, 07:19 PM
i dont dress with the intent that a man will find me attractive but if one does it is flattering

Jennaie
08-25-2007, 08:21 PM
Uaaaah, no. The only person whose opinion matters to me is ME. I don't need the opinion of a man to validate who I am. Since I am not attracted to men, why would I wnat to attact them to me?

wnat? your a moderater. wow..

christyp24
08-26-2007, 09:37 AM
I love to dress sexy. It just happens that many of the things I enjoy wearing also turn on men and grab their attention. The compliments and attention from them is enjoyable to me.

willowgurl
08-26-2007, 04:26 PM
Yes I dress to attract Men! I love everthing about being treated in every way a woman. Willow

CrossdressinGoth
08-26-2007, 04:31 PM
Just a thought, when it comes down to it, does it really matter who dresses for male attraction or who doesnt? I understand the question and all but honestly, the real point of us dressing is to first and foremost make us happy right? just my 2cents

Rosaliy Lynne
08-26-2007, 10:29 PM
Just a thought, when it comes down to it, does it really matter who dresses for male attraction or who doesnt? I understand the question and all but honestly, the real point of us dressing is to first and foremost make us happy right? just my 2cents

hahahaaha (mind if I had any of it left) but I aggee!!!!

I dress for me but if ANYONE likes what they see, even if the compliment is just in their eyes, I love it. Makes me feel I did a good job of appearing as the woman I am.

Sweet Jane
08-26-2007, 10:39 PM
I dress only for me......I never think of men, or women for that matter, when I choose what to wear. The thought a man might find me attractive is really quite scary!!. The thought a random woman might find me attractive is just so silly, so I dress to please myself.

JazmyneCD
08-27-2007, 12:31 AM
Myself and myself only. Well, my wife also gets a kick out of it :)

Dixie
08-27-2007, 10:16 AM
I dress to please me. What I mean is, I dress in the kinds of clothes that I find attractive on women, funny thing about that is so do other men, and when they find me attractive as a woman it turns me on:heehee::drink:

RachelX
09-01-2007, 10:58 PM
A long time ago the thought of attracting a man's eye would have horrified me. Those first outings were scary enough, and only happened in the safe company of my girlfriend. I dressed up for the fun of it, for it's own sake. I had no interest in being singularly noticed. Thanks to my girlfriend (fiance actually!) I became less and less phobic. At her insistence I ventured out solo. She stayed with me long enough to help me in removing mental blocks and freeing me from repression I did not even know were part of me. I remember the first time that I put on my make-up with the explicit thought and desire to have men look at me "in that way"; the way I used to look at women. Dressing as a woman is unavoidably enjoyable and is always worth the effort. But I have a somehow intersecting and independently existing wish to be desired by a man. Crossdressing for me is not a fetish, nor even necessarily sexual. Yet I do not really "feel sexual" unless I am dressed as a woman. I am not interested in attracting straight men, even in my imagination where I could truly pass. Straight men want a female. Which, unfortunately, I am not.
So yes, I dress because I love to, but with very definite hopes of looking attractive to men.

Desiree2bababe
09-03-2007, 11:53 AM
I dress to attract attention, men and women. Dressing is not enough for me, once was, but being seen was always the thrill. Then to be in the arms, the center of attention...........well, that was icing on the cake.

MJ
09-03-2007, 01:19 PM
no i dress just for me. and how i feel for the day...

janet1234
09-03-2007, 05:18 PM
I fear for society the day I am dressed and attract a man!
That is, I doubt that I could ever pass but it is a nice thought, actually the mirror suggests I look better dressed and wigged than normal.

Rosaliy Lynne
09-03-2007, 08:36 PM
no i dress just for me. and how i feel for the day...

The attention from others, and the sometimes acceptance, are the icing on the cake as it were but in the end, It's All About Me.

I fear for society the day I am dressed and attract a man!
That is, I doubt that I could ever pass but it is a nice thought, actually the mirror suggests I look better dressed and wigged than normal.

When I see 'him' in the mirror I see 'him'. When I see 'her' in the mirror, I smile - a lot. Pass or not I don't care. I am happy you see, as Rosaliy.

KewTnCurvy GG
09-03-2007, 09:33 PM
Uaaaah, no. The only person whose opinion matters to me is ME. I don't need the opinion of a man to validate who I

Why would I want to attract a guy I am not gay !!!!!!!!!

Honestly, I know A LOT of tg's/cd's and it's comments like this that shock me a little.

First of all, what if our friend Leggy Tiana is titallated by the attention of men; does that mean--Holly--she should feel bad as she wants the attention of men to potentially "validate" her.

And, Toyah, maybe Tiana has some homo-erotic feelings. Should she by your comment be ashamed of those feelings?

More of you than would like to admit enjoy the attention of men.
More of you than would like to admit have had thoughts of being with a man.

Tiana should be able to come here and express her feelings without having to read criticisims in between the lines.

If that is not your "quote" reason for dressing why not just say that. Why say anything else, unless that thought somehow stirs some uncomfortable feelings.

Kew

BarbaraTalbot
09-03-2007, 09:50 PM
Here's the thing. The way I dressed in a partial way just intimates for example was sort of an objectification of the female form sort of thing. At that stage, I would have to say yes, I am dressing to be attractive to me in the mirror.

I always sort of assumed that because as a guy I find GG's and their clothes appealing that in a way they were dressing for me. (as a man in general, not me specifically, but a young boy can dream).

I have come to the idea though that GG's dress for each other. Both to fit in and to stand out.

I think that is where I am with my dressing now. I would feel great if some outfit I was able to find and put together myself would be one that a GG would want to emulate.

That said, it would I think be validating if anyone of any gender was complimentary to my appearance dressed. My biggest fear while dressed is looking silly.

If my goal was to attract the attention and admiring glances of men, that task is simpler I think. We men are pretty easy to please visually.

Satrana
09-04-2007, 02:37 AM
Good post Barbara. You are right most GGs dress for themselves and for each other. They only dress for men when they are deliberately seeking male attention. Then it is pretty obvious what type of outfit is required to achieve that objective.

CDs also do mostly dress for themselves in the mirror, to a standard that makes them attractive to their male half. The fact that many CDs decide to dress in normal female clothes indicates that this often is not about seeking other male attention at all, rather it is about feeling good about yourself by feeling pretty.

Unlike some GGs though, I myself do not have a competitive streak, I do not need to be as fashionable or as pretty as others around me. I could care less if I turned up at an event wearing the same dress as another for example. I do however get jealous when a GG has put together an impeccable outfit that just flat out works. That would make me want to copy her to raise my "standard of excellence".

Toyah
09-04-2007, 08:09 AM
Honestly, I know A LOT of tg's/cd's and it's comments like this that shock me a little.

First of all, what if our friend Leggy Tiana is titallated by the attention of men; does that mean--Holly--she should feel bad as she wants the attention of men to potentially "validate" her.

And, Toyah, maybe Tiana has some homo-erotic feelings. Should she by your comment be ashamed of those feelings?

Tiana should be able to come here and express her feelings without having to read criticisims in between the lines.

If that is not your "quote" reason for dressing why not just say that. Why say anything else, unless that thought somehow stirs some uncomfortable feelings.

Kew

I was not criticising its I do get a wee fed up with these posts I have no problem with bi straight or anyother preferance its just the implication you dress therefore you want to attract guys well I dont :hugs:

kristiCD
09-04-2007, 08:16 AM
I like to dress ****y. I do it for myself and don't mind if it attracts men (or women, or another CD).

Rosaliy Lynne
09-04-2007, 08:17 AM
Here's the thing. The way I dressed in a partial way just intimates for example was sort of an objectification of the female form sort of thing. At that stage, I would have to say yes, I am dressing to be attractive to me in the mirror.

I always sort of assumed that because as a guy I find GG's and their clothes appealing that in a way they were dressing for me. (as a man in general, not me specifically, but a young boy can dream).

I have come to the idea though that GG's dress for each other. Both to fit in and to stand out.

I think that is where I am with my dressing now. I would feel great if some outfit I was able to find and put together myself would be one that a GG would want to emulate.

That said, it would I think be validating if anyone of any gender was complimentary to my appearance dressed. My biggest fear while dressed is looking silly.

If my goal was to attract the attention and admiring glances of men, that task is simpler I think. We men are pretty easy to please visually.

Yes Barbara. I agree and btw - you have my attention. You look lovely. By and large I dress for me. What I see pleases me all the way around. Someone else, ANY one else, who finds me attractive validates my opinion of how well I have put myself together and while I don't think I *pass*, I have been told by a couple of GG's that I do. What a great feeling. As for feeling that one looks silly, YOU at least do not have any problem there. I do know a few CD's who should never dress but who am I to tell them that. They have enough problems without being told they look silly or worse and I would not like that for me so ...

Good post Barbara. You are right most GGs dress for themselves and for each other. They only dress for men when they are deliberately seeking male attention. Then it is pretty obvious what type of outfit is required to achieve that objective.

CDs also do mostly dress for themselves in the mirror, to a standard that makes them attractive to their male half. The fact that many CDs decide to dress in normal female clothes indicates that this often is not about seeking other male attention at all, rather it is about feeling good about yourself by feeling pretty.

Unlike some GGs though, I myself do not have a competitive streak, I do not need to be as fashionable or as pretty as others around me. I could care less if I turned up at an event wearing the same dress as another for example. I do however get jealous when a GG has put together an impeccable outfit that just flat out works. That would make me want to copy her to raise my "standard of excellence".

I don't see myself as terribly competitive either. But then I lost my competitive qualities at an early age on the high school basketball court. I was thrilled to make the team. The one day I was in the game however, I remember only two things about. Second period, perfect corner shot for oour goal. Me? Stupid. That was the other teams goal (first period - I didn't know we changed goal each period) so, (are ya ready for this?) I tucked the ball under my arm and ran for the other basket. Last thing I remember to this day is being outside the school, totally dejected and walking home. Mercifully everything else is a blank. So much for being competitive.

Francine1947
09-04-2007, 08:33 AM
Just for myself and my wife

alysonatl
09-04-2007, 01:39 PM
When I get dressed, I strive to portray the most feminine persona for the moment. If that means dressing to look attractive to men, so be it. That's an affirmation that I've succeeded in giving the appearance of the stylish, seductive woman I sometimes desire to be.

Sweet Jane
09-04-2007, 01:53 PM

Kew

something about that post disturbs me...........alot.

Firstly as a straight guy, the thought of any sexual contact with a man is totaly repugnant to me, whether I am dressed or not...the mere thought makes my stomach turn....Should a gay or bi guy feel the same way????...I don't think so. So any CDs there that wish to have a man....don't feel bad, because I feel bad about it..OK!!

what a generalisation...."that more of us want to be with a man than we care to admit"...statements like that sort of disgust me, and continue the incorrect stereotyping of people like me. I do take umbrage to that sweeping generalisation...its like me saying more women want hot lesbian sex than care to admit it..what twaddle.

so to reiterate...when I dress, I dress for me, just me....I don't need a guy to fawn over me to make me feel good about the fact I am dressed..Like Toyah, I don't want to attract a guy either....becuse I am not gay. And what the hell is wrong with me saying that, when the topic is "dressing to attract men"?

Corinna E
09-04-2007, 02:43 PM
well i dress predominately for myself, after that i dress enfemme because my SO loves it and it really did wonders for my relationship. she is so supportive. But when i really think about when i do go out enfemme, yes i am looking to attract men!! im not saying i want to take any back to my room with me...but of course i want to be accepted and approved of by all the guys out around me.

oh what a life we live!!

cori <3

Veronica 1
09-04-2007, 09:50 PM
I dress to please myself, but I must be doing something right as the few times that I have gone out for walks I always seem to grab some guys attention.

Cindi Ann Kelly
09-06-2007, 08:35 PM
I dress for myself.

cindi ann

Peggy55
09-06-2007, 08:41 PM

I make my choices to attract an admiring mans eye.....my own! smile

Riema's here
09-06-2007, 10:06 PM
I dress for myself! and because I dress for myself, I'm dressing like the woman I wouldn't mined being with. There for I must take care of myself:devil: Riema

Debbie47
09-06-2007, 11:29 PM
I dress for myself but wish that women would be more curious about why I am dressed. I was dressed half and half a few weeks ago at a local gay bar. I had on ladies jeans, top and red pumps, no wig or makeup. I was approached by a young lesbian girl that said she liked my red high heels and it made her think of the song by the country singer Kelly Pickler. There was on that night a drunk male escort crossdressed and a girl that just met him in the bar that night, she was drunk also. He kept telling me about his 8 inches and she had her hands up my shirt once. I want to get some attention but not that kind. I dont want to get noticed by men. I prefer women big time but I might like a CD that looks nice and acts like a human.

laura.lapinski
09-08-2007, 02:45 PM
I dress for myself, but fantacise about getting dressed up as much as I possibly could, and posing for pictures. If I was attractive to a man, that would just be part of the territory. Of course in fantasy, you never have to worry about any of the dangers or consequences, which is what makes them so great.

Laura

tvbeckytv
09-08-2007, 05:40 PM
no, because your dress style reflects your charactor.
A a general rule, i find the men that i am attracted to (i am gay) are the ones most likely to appeciate my style anyway.

Valerie
09-08-2007, 07:27 PM
My wife, who has the knack of asking earthshaking questions, asked me if I would like an old friend whom I believed she was attracted to (I was terribly jealous) instead to be attracted to Valerie. Looking into the depths of my mind I could only answer the truth, that I would find it pleasant, a confirmation that I looked right and attractive. But the goal in dressing for me is not to attract anyone else--I am in fact most concerned about continuing to attract my wife, whom I desperately love--but to look "right" whatever that may mean.

Great question.

Valerie

BarbaraLoveToDress
09-09-2007, 10:00 AM
I dress to feel ****ty, whomever it attracts

Elle1946
09-09-2007, 10:42 AM
I like a lot of others dress for myself.

Gisele
09-09-2007, 11:14 AM
I also dress for myself. I like looking sexy, it's just who I am. I am not wanting a relationship with a man in a sexual way. That being said I do like the attention I get from them. I am a bit of a flirt myself.

Jenn is cool with how I am. She knows I go home with her at the end of the night.

She says we are a couple of girls out on the town and we do get attention from men. It is a small turn on for us.

Seeing that if I get attention it means I am doing something right in the passing department.

I am still young on the going out scene so my nerves are rattled still. There may be alot of attention going on my way and I wouldn't even know it.

Hali
09-09-2007, 03:42 PM
Yeah i dress for maself sometimes...but sometimes is exclusively to attract MEN i want them to want me as a woman...to admire me...to say nice provacative things to my feminine beauty...to tell me they want me emotoinally and physically... to tell me that they've been thinkin about me...they wan to take me out on a date that they dont mind going out and showing me in public (that i belong to them)....i want them to "own me"... or even they wanna marry me..i wanna cook for men..i want to please men...the list is endless...sometimes i want to stir the uncontrollable desire in men.... but only if am in DRAG or FEMME MODE (e.g in ma femme fantasy state).

Georgina Milnes
09-09-2007, 04:07 PM
I never thought it was possible for me to even think of being attracted to men. But now I feel so wonderful inside when my lover says I look beautiful. Therefore I dress to please him , having a man make wonderful love to me gives me the most wonderful feeling and makes me more complete as a woman .Georgina xxoo

Lawren
09-09-2007, 04:44 PM
I dress strickly for myself, not to get the approval of anyone, male or female. I do not need to impress a GG because I have a loving wife. Nor do I dress to attract men because I do not want some guy admiring my butt as I walk past. (I am not homophobic. I just don't want to be a participant.)

ArleneRaquel
09-13-2007, 04:25 PM
I very frequently dress in a very " carefree " manner, by which I mean that I wear short shorts, or mini's, flaming red hair,designer eyewear, red finger & toenail polish, bangles, dangly earrings, red lipstick, and I do love getting honks from passing cars and wolf whistle's, in fact I get a great thrill from receiving that kind of attention. :love: & :hugs: Beyonce Welch - Foxy Afro/ Irish Lady

Sue Too
09-13-2007, 04:52 PM
I agree with you. But as men, we know what we like to see on a woman and what attracts us to them. When we look into that mirror, we know we "Look Good", "Look Sexy", "Look Conservative", or "****y". And we can make that decision as to how we would view a woman dressed like that.

I think Mae West said "It takes a man to be the woman that a man wants a woman to be."

<<<giggles>>>

Susan

smoothbikini
09-19-2007, 03:51 AM
though i don't think i'm even bi-curious god it feels good to get a second glance from a guy :sad:

Jazzmine
09-20-2007, 09:03 PM
I would value a compliment from a woman any day over a mans. Woman and most CDrs know a good look from average.

Only thing is a woman will lie through her teeth face to face with other woman about how the other looks.

What about another CDr? Do we lie to each other? Yes...well... good question girls!

So you're back to pleasing yourself.

I would never dress to attract a man but I would love it if my wife was turned on by me enfemme. Now that would be special...

Hugs Jazzmine.

Erica Lynne
09-20-2007, 09:14 PM
Just for myself and to have fun.