PDA

View Full Version : Coming Out: 60 hours and counting...

jennCD
06-30-2007, 01:06 PM
...so it's been a bit over 2 days now since I told my SO about my crossdressing. At first it was met with shock and some hesitation, concern and suspicion, it was followed by 48 hours of somewhat uncomfortable silence. I knew I would not be the first to mention it again and I must allow her the time to let it sink in and understand the things I told her.

Today tho, it came up in passing while we were discussing other aspects of our daily lives. It was nice to not have this weight to carry anymore, and to be able to not feel "guilty" or "wrong" or "simply disgusting" when it was mentioned, which did leave me with a sense that perhaps we can work through any issues that might arise because of my crossdressing, or at least come to an agreement that would limit any individual discomfort that either of us may find ourselves coming into whenever a more in-depth discussion blossoms. Another aspect that reminds me how wonderful she is.

I cannot thank you all enough for giving me the strength over the last few weeks to have made the decision to come out. It was something I have feared for 30 years, something I had hoped for, and yet something I had never expected to be able to do. I had always simply expected to be "caught" after forgetting to 'clean up' properly or even more horrific, to be found en femme and resigned myself long ago to that expected fate. Telling my SO was the only real choice... and it was only because of everyone here, that I was able to find my 'voice'.....

Thank you so very much for your words of support and encouragement,... you made all the difference in the world for me.

jenn

Holly
06-30-2007, 01:19 PM
Jenn, this is really what it is all about. CDers can go to the mall and get all the clothing and makeup tips they want. But finding yourself and becoming empowered with the courage to face yourself and your loved ones is the true strength of this site. May you continue to go through life proud of who you are with those you love at your side. I'm so proud of you! :hugs:

Katie Moore
06-30-2007, 01:26 PM
I'm really happy for you. I did the same thing almost two weeks ago and slowly but surely my SO is becomming ok with it. :love:

Wishful

Alice B
06-30-2007, 01:31 PM
You've made the right decision and are feeling the positive results of it. However, expect occasional set backs in acceptance and don't let them ruin your gains. They are only minor adjustments that your SO has to make and are often triggered by totaly unrelated events. Take it slow and easy and enjoy your transation to freedom to be who you are.:hugs:

Tvanessa
06-30-2007, 01:48 PM
I can certainly relate. After the subject was approached by my SO it took me a good three hours before I could utter the words telling her I am a crossdresser. After that it was another week or two with no mention of our conversation before I asked her if she would like to see me dressed. She said yes and it has gotten so much more comfortable and easier every day. So I would say hang in there and you will be rewarded.

Patricia Danielle
06-30-2007, 01:48 PM
I'm extreemly happy for you. I hope that every thing will work out for y'all. I told my SO right from the git-go because I don't like suprises, and beside I agree the love and marrige is a two way street. So if your up front and honest if the person really loves you they will understand and work through it with you. But I also realize that theres the select few that only think about themselfs. To them my only remark is, sorry you feel that way, it don't change who I am and it's your loss not mine, but if you change you way of thinking and realize that theres just some things you can't change you know where to find me..Patricia..:drink: I have coffee life is good..

Mitch23
06-30-2007, 02:17 PM
...so it's been a bit over 2 days now since I told my SO about my crossdressing. At first it was met with shock and some hesitation, concern and suspicion, it was followed by 48 hours of somewhat uncomfortable silence. I knew I would not be the first to mention it again and I must allow her the time to let it sink in and understand the things I told her.

Today tho, it came up in passing while we were discussing other aspects of our daily lives. It was nice to not have this weight to carry anymore, and to be able to not feel "guilty" or "wrong" or "simply disgusting" when it was mentioned, which did leave me with a sense that perhaps we can work through any issues that might arise because of my crossdressing, or at least come to an agreement that would limit any individual discomfort that either of us may find ourselves coming into whenever a more in-depth discussion blossoms. Another aspect that reminds me how wonderful she is.

I cannot thank you all enough for giving me the strength over the last few weeks to have made the decision to come out. It was something I have feared for 30 years, something I had hoped for, and yet something I had never expected to be able to do. I had always simply expected to be "caught" after forgetting to 'clean up' properly or even more horrific, to be found en femme and resigned myself long ago to that expected fate. Telling my SO was the only real choice... and it was only because of everyone here, that I was able to find my 'voice'.....

Thank you so very much for your words of support and encouragement,... you made all the difference in the world for me.

jenn
and I would want to add to that as well. I know now that it was the only way. We've still got lots of issues we have to work through but no more guilt, shame or secrecy. We actually did girlie shopping this afternoon - for her but with me and with some banter! That is a huge step forward for us

Mitch

Andi
07-02-2007, 12:24 AM
Congratulations Jenn for your burst of courage and honesty with your SO. I'm sure your anxiety level has gone down a bunch with that act. Hopefully in time your SO and Jenn can become really close girlfriends.

Billijo49504
07-02-2007, 12:47 AM
You go gurls!!! Good luck with your life. I hope every thing comes out well for you......BJ

Amanda Shaft
07-02-2007, 08:24 AM
Just keep cool, take it slow, let things go at her pace: the hard part of opening up is done, now the hard part of holding it all together is underway! You can do it though! both together, you rock!
Amanda x

Angie G
07-02-2007, 10:12 AM
Glad it going somewhat well keep it slow hun give her time :hugs:
Angie