PDA

View Full Version : A step up from Wal-Mart

joann07
06-30-2007, 11:07 PM
Hello!

Just wanted to share with you my short little shopping trip.
Today, I stopped at a Super Target to get some much need makeup.
The place was fairly busy with the usual weekend shoppers, but I felt confident going in.
My outfit for the day was a white short sleeve V-neck top, short denim skirt, Hanes Barely There Pantyhose, and open toed sandals.
I walked in the main entrance then took a left, passing the checkout lanes, and headed towards the cosmetics section. As I was walking, I noticed a young woman of Asian descent who made eye contact with me.
We looked at each other, briefly, but then she looked away as if it was nothing. I continued on until I finally was in cosmetics.
I few things I need were some powder, lip liner, lip gloss, and eye browshaper so I began browsing the isles. As I was looking, there were other women there too.
While I was womanly squatting looking at some eyeliner, there was a couple that came up beside me. The male politely said "Excuse me. I don't want to run into you" and so I got up and moved so that they could get around me.
They didn't treat me any differently and just proceed to past behind me and over to the next isle.
Once I got all that I needed, I went over to the cashier to pay.
The checkout lanes weren't that busy to I just picked one. The woman cashier, was just finishing up with a customer so I politely waited until she was done.
After the customer left, she greeted me with a pleasant "Hello" and I politely greet her back.
She began totalling up everything, while I digged in my purse to get my credit card, then she then gave me my total.
I swipped my card, signed my name on the display, and she gave me my receipt.
She said "Have a nice day" and I said "You too" in return then headed out the door to my car.

It was a brief shopping trip, but another nice day to be out in femme.

Country girl
06-30-2007, 11:17 PM
Sounds like you had a nice time and a great shopping experience. Glad all went so smoothly! :hugs: CG GG

Patricia Danielle
07-01-2007, 01:20 AM
I would love to do that, But I would be so nervous. when I get all nerved out I get clumsby, well I have the grace of a MACK truck anyway but it only gets worse. I would enjoy an outing very much. Some day I'll get up the nerve to go-for-the-gusto..Patricia..:drink: I have coffee life is good..

Angie G
07-01-2007, 11:25 AM
That's great Joann keep shopping hun :hugs:
Angie

Frankie-Dear
07-01-2007, 11:56 AM
I would love to do that, But I would be so nervous. when I get all nerved out I get clumsby, well I have the grace of a MACK truck anyway but it only gets worse. I would enjoy an outing very much. Some day I'll get up the nerve to go-for-the-gusto..Patricia..:drink: I have coffee life is good..

Hahahaha... That sounds exactly like me!

Congratulations!! Glad you had such a great day!! :thumbsup:

Wendy me
07-01-2007, 12:19 PM
lol love them shopping stories we are our own worst fear .... no one cares if we are out shopping .... so happy for you having a good shopping trip......

Mitch23
07-01-2007, 01:51 PM
love to hear those stories - still gives me a buzz when I hear about other girls going there too

Mitch

Deborah
07-01-2007, 02:41 PM
Target is a step up from Walmart? apples apples imho.

Congrats on getting out though. You're a lot braver then I.

joann07
07-01-2007, 10:47 PM
Thank you again everyone for your kind words of support.
I am always happy to share my outing experiences with the hopes that anyone can use them as encouragement to go out.
I also enjoy reading up on other fellow CDers stories which, in turn, helps continue to encourage me, as well as provide me with new ideas.

Target and Wal-Mart are basically the same apple, but I feel more comfortable going to a Target than a Wal-Mart.
In my area, I've noticed that the customers at Target are different than the ones that go to Wal-Mart.
I'm sure many of you in a large metropolitan area know what I'm talking about. At a Wal-Mart, there's always a roving security inside and out in parking lot, but that doesn't always ensure that anyone will be safe.
At a Target, I rarely see any security, but then again there's no guarantee anyone is safe. However, every now and then whenever I go to these places, I notice more members of law enforcement at a Wal-mart than at a Target.
So when I go out in femme by myself, I only go to places where I know there's a low probability of being harassed, hit on, or possibly being assaulted because I just want to go about my business of blending in.

I do plan to go to a Wal-Mart, one day, but I'm just not ready for it yet. But when I do go, I'll definitely do a write up about it.