PDA

View Full Version : ID question

Rachel M
07-01-2007, 04:06 AM
Those that go out to the bars and clubs, how do you deal with the ID check? My id is my male self, so get nervous disclosing my identity when en femme.
Rachel

Kate Simmons
07-01-2007, 04:31 AM
Most people just look at the birthdate and do a little quick math. I really don't think many of them remember the names anyway.:happy:

sandra-leigh
07-01-2007, 07:26 AM
Those that go out to the bars and clubs, how do you deal with the ID check? My id is my male self, so get nervous disclosing my identity when en femme.

I don't recall my ever having been asked for ID to establish age. It'd be difficult, as I don't have any.

There is one place around that started asking for ID and photocopying it "in case there is a fight" (i.e., so they know who to blame). My only photo-ID is my work badge, and I'm not keen to have my outings associated with my work, so I simply don't go there at night now.
(My guess is that the photocopying isn't really about fights, though a couple of years one of the patrons was killed right nearby, by a non-patron; my guess is that the photocopying is to discourage gang members and drug deals, as the place is fairly close to a rough part of town.)

rose382832
07-01-2007, 07:38 AM
unless your female personality looks well under the drinking age there should be no id checks. if you look 15 then they will ask, but if you look 30 then they will just wave you in. id checks are to keep underage drinkers out so if you look older then there should be no problems.

AllieSF
07-01-2007, 01:57 PM
Rachel,

I wouldn't worry about it. If they read you and you are comfortable with that, then you should have no problem. It might actually be to your benefit if you frequent someplace a lot. They get to know you, you get to know them, and you can begin to call it a TG/CD friendly especially for you. Regarding some bar photocopying your ID, I think that would be illegal here. If not, I think the bar would lose a lot of business as patrons would complain about the invasion of privacy, which it is. On top of all that, with SF so close, who cares? Good luck.

Country girl
07-01-2007, 04:39 PM
Rachel, I'm GG but I have to agree, most bars don't ask for ID unless they suspect you are under 25. So I don't think it should even be an issue. Even if they do ask, they aren't going to say anything. Just tell them you are CD when you hand them your ID. This issue has come up before on the forum and it wasn't a problem. Good luck. Go out and have fun. :hugs: CG GG

Sally24
07-01-2007, 05:01 PM
I use any ID I have handy and don't have any problem. Some states do allow you to have both a drivers liscence and a state photo id. I just had one taken with my female face but all of my legal information not changed. I intend to carry that in my purse from now on. Check the website of your local DMV and see if they allow both a drivers and state id.

Glenda
07-01-2007, 05:13 PM
A lot of clubs require everyone to show an ID. To my knowledge, none of the clubs I go to use it as a method to keep crossdressers out. They do it because so many under-age people try to get in. Show your ID, smile, wait for them to hand it back and go in and have a good time. You don't need to apologize or explain that you are a crossdresser. I think they can figure that out on their own.

I really would like to have an ID with my femme name and photo on it. And a credit card.

windycissy
07-01-2007, 10:33 PM
I confess to having made up a forged Illiniois Drivers License with my photo en femme, and a female name....while I was at it, I lied about my date of birthdate and weight too! I would never show it to police, but I have used it to identify myself at hotels and restaurants....

marie354
07-01-2007, 11:03 PM
I keep asking if they want my ID, and they never check it. Hehe.
I think that I am too old to drink anyway.
:hugs: