PDA

View Full Version : Glamour Shots & pics

CHAROLEE
07-01-2007, 05:52 PM
Hi ladies, i was just wondering if any of you girls have ever had a makeover at "GLAMOUR SHOTS" or any type of place like this, witch is normaly located in a mall setting. I have been wanting to do this and was wondering if they will do this for a cd'er in private. Please respond with any info you can and/or stories with pictures.

:D:D:D :happy::happy::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Gaby
07-01-2007, 06:21 PM
Hi.

I had a GS photo session a few years ago, and certainly they will be happy to take your photographs (and happier to take your money)

I don't think they will provide with a private session. They may ask you to be there either early in the morning or late in the evening, when they may have less customers.

It is your choice if you get there already enfemme or if you want to change clothes there. Usually, their "seating fee" will include the makeover and hairstyling. (Not too expensive, anywhere from $30 to $50 for that, and maybe a dozen of photographs)

But after that, each sheet (photograph) will be expensive... over $50 per each.

All and all, a good experience. But I would suggest you to ask them, when you are booking your session, to see if the have a female photographer. Somehow, I think that would make things a bit easier for you.

Regards,
Gaby

CherylKCCD
07-01-2007, 09:39 PM
I had Glamour Shots done years ago and will agree that they were very accommodating. They scheduled me for early in the morning when no one else was in their shop.
Also, I think you should be able find a photographer with GLBT experience that knows of a make up artist that would come in and do the make up, then take the pictures in a private studio. I see ads in local alternative and gay magazines around town with friendly photographers. This should be cheaper in the long run, especially if you intend to buy several of the shots.
Good luck!

Shakina
07-02-2007, 06:52 AM
Hi
I would say generally that a glamour photo session is a good thing as it will show how you present and of course you have a record for yourself. Just be aware some places will give you a free sitting but then try to get you to sign an agreement that could cost you hundreds of dollars. Just be aware of exactly what you agree to if you sign anything. Maybe if you find one ring and tell them of your ideas and see what they say. There may have already been many others before you! I do agree with Cheryl's ideas too.

Other than that enjoy the experience if you find one to your liking.

JamieDP
07-02-2007, 08:09 AM
Can't speak for Glamour shots, but I am now leaving the IT consulting world to move back into photography and multimedia. I used to work for the New York times and intern for some high end NY photographers, before coming back to Maryland.

If anyone is looking for a CD/TG/TS, etc friendly photographer IM me or e-mail me, I can work with you very discretely.

celeste26
07-02-2007, 09:52 AM
To date all of my dress up photos have been GS and I unfortunately didn't buy the CD (compact disc)version instead of the printed photograph version of them. I have now scanned them into my 'puter and expect to have them on the picture gallery soon if I can ever figure out how to do it.

I changed in their studio and had a guy do the photo shoot with no problems at all. The mall wasn't that crowded and no one said anything less than pleasant either. They do cost a lot though.

One of the local "transformation studios" offers photos with their sessions also and while the whole session is pretty expensive, I'll probably end up in their care eventually.

Karren H
07-02-2007, 10:18 AM
A lot of places specialize in CD glam photography.. Check out jamie Austin's Glamour Botique in Auburn MA and Amanda Richards in Bethlehem PA... From what friends that have had them they typically cost upwards of $300.

Lots of outfits and hair to ware.. And they do your makeup and all.. Though you do end up with some great photos... Its a one shot deal and you probably won't be able to recreat the same look on your own.. That's the downside I see..

I enjoy doing my own makeup and my cloths.. And taking my own photos... But that's just me..

Love Karren

Julogden
07-02-2007, 11:28 AM
Hi Charolee,

Haven't been there myself, but as you've seen from responses here, they do a decent job with CD'ers, I've seen photos from others on other sites that were taken at Glamour Shots over the years, and they seem to do a nice job..

I'm working on getting my own small-scale version of that going in my home, have my little portrait studio set up now, and can do makeup and basic wig styling, but I don't supply clothes or wigs. If you're anywhere near Chicago, come on over, I need people to practice my lighting techniques on in return for photos.

Carol:hugs: