PDA

View Full Version : Learning not to rush things with my SO

Davinnia
07-02-2007, 03:01 AM
I learned a valuable lesson this weekend : not to rush things with my SO [ as everyone advised me ! ] I told her I wanted to buy some shoes & clothes with her with me & she wasn't happy. She told me how betrayed she felt that I'd kept such a secter from her & didn't know what I'd come up with next. Again, I tried to reassure her of my love. It's only a week since I came out to her & here I am wanting to go shopping.
On the brighter side, she said it wasn't the CDing that was the issue, it was the secret, she would feel the same if I was a secrte Trekkie & wanted to buy a Star Fleet outfit. It is the idea of wasting money on clothes that will only be worn occasionally in the house & is frivolous spending. During our weekly shopping we passed a ladies store with a bargain rack outside & she gave it a meaningful glance, & in the evening A joke was made on TV about CDs & we smiled at each other. Best I keep quiet on the subject & let her lead the way, though it's difficult not to leap ahead.

Sandra
07-02-2007, 03:53 AM
A week is not very long and she has had a lot to take in, just be patient with her, if she will then talk to her about the cding but don't push to go buying things together just yet. I know it's going to be hard but if you want her to accept then you'regoing to have to take it really slow.

aka.laura
07-02-2007, 04:01 AM
Hi Davinnia. Give it time. My wife needed many many months to get used to it (didn't count). Eventually she not only accepted it as part of my personality, she even likes and enjoys it. Good luck, take things easy! Laura