PDA

View Full Version : I want to be a woman

tinaashley
07-02-2007, 08:13 AM
I have been crossdressing for over 30 years. I came out to my wife just over 12 months ago, She has been fantastic and VERY supportive. We shop together and dress together. I am fortunate in having larger than normal breasts (&keeping them even though I have lost 12Kg recently). I have my own drawer with my bras in etc (12 at last count), but at the end of the day I want to be a woman!! At the age of 52 I think its a bit late to think about SRS but I can't help thinking that I have missed out and for the rest of my days I will continue being a crossdresser when I can but only dream of being a woman.
I would LOVE to wear a wedding dress and my wife knows this and although she is very close to fitting her own wedding dress there is no way I can fit it. We have spoken about renewing our vows with us both wearing a wedding dress. My wife understands and would stand by me if I decided to change sex but its a big step.
I want to be a woman. Do I belong in the crossdressing forum?
Any comments??

Kieron Andrew
07-02-2007, 08:19 AM
I want to be a woman. Do I belong in the crossdressing forum?
Any comments??
you belong where ever you feel comfortable, that is on a crossdressing forum then so be it......my GF has just in the last 6 months had GRS and BA, she is an older lady......i dont think you are too old to transition at all, i know of one woman that is your age and she is about to go for GRS this year.....if you feel you must do it then age must not be a factor to follow your dreams, it is never too late

Karren H
07-02-2007, 08:24 AM
I agree with what the man said!!! You want something bad enough then go for it...

Karren

Brianna Lovely
07-02-2007, 08:54 AM
First, let me say that you have a wonderful wife, good for both of you.

Second, I'm in my sixties and have only recently come to full acceptence of who I am. Although, due to health reasons, I can't go through GRS, I think I would have, if I were younger.

You may want to check out this link about Steven-Susan Stanton.

http://www.sptimes.com/2007/webspecials07/special_reports/stanton/

Kether
07-02-2007, 11:21 AM
I also want to be a woman the cross-dressing most the time is not enough. But I know my relationship with my GF as a GF would end, and I can't loose the most important thing in my life, my partner is a goddess. I have alot over good times though, but do have problems sleeping at night sometimes, he he. Being only a newbie to this site my-self I can only say, reading the stuff on this site and seeing how understanding and how real and genuine the girls are, I feel this site is perfect for anybody that feels they fit, how often do we find something that fits, and I'm not talking about that new skirt you just bought !!!

GypsyKaren
07-02-2007, 12:18 PM
Hi Tina

We do have a pretty good TS Forum here, plus a private Transitioning Forum you're more than welcome to join, just go to Group Memberships in you Control Panel and send in a request. Also, you're not to old for anything, I'm 54 and having GRS in a few months, there's always time.

Karen Starlene

Sharon
07-02-2007, 12:22 PM
Fifty-two is too old? Uh oh! :eek:

A crossdressing forum is just right for you since you seem to focus quite a bit on the clothing. And as Karen says, why not stop by the Transsexual section and say hi to us? Just a few of us bite. :happy:

stacie
07-02-2007, 12:27 PM
I am a TS and feel posting here is a lot of fun, So yes you belong here.

Sherlyn
07-02-2007, 12:33 PM
Of course you belong .... no matter how you feel or choose to show yourself to others ..what better place could there be that accepts ..Who We Are ... I never really wanted to be a women ....have always felt tho.... I should have been born female ... I guess it shows :)

Teresa Amina
07-02-2007, 12:38 PM
This is a great place for all of us- those plain ol' cds and those who want more as well :happy:

Mitch23
07-02-2007, 12:40 PM
52 - that rules me out too!

Mitch

Amber-Sue
07-02-2007, 01:54 PM
I am in my early sixty's and I enjoy this community. Stay a while, kick off your shoes and limber up your fingers and go for it. Lots of girls to listen

Kate Simmons
07-02-2007, 03:21 PM
Fifty-two is too old? Uh oh! :eek:

A crossdressing forum is just right for you since you seem to focus quite a bit on the clothing. And as Karen says, why not stop by the Transsexual section and say hi to us? Just a few of us bite. :happy:Yeah, I know Sharon. If 52 is too old, then I'm really pushing the envelope.:heehee::p

eleventhdr
07-02-2007, 03:27 PM
I'm 53 right now 54 in September i have always felt that i should have ben the one who was born female in my family it is still to my regret that i am not a girl but you know there is still time you can never give up you know if not to become female at the very least to be able to dress as much as is possible and live as femmale that is a goal but yeah ot be female is the ultimate i am still waiting for them science to come out with a real viaable way for male's to transform competly to female through hormone's and not neccsarlly sex change surgury but so far this has not occured maybe someday soon it will then all of us who still do desire to become women will be able to it is my belife that this will yet come to pass it is not always star trek tecnology but something more advanced then what we currently do have oh well i know what ii ma inside and maybe that will have to do until then but you know we know who and what we all are so that is some comfort ah well such is life as far as it goes at persent but to finally b the right sex ah there is the rub indeed! Still a girl at heart!

Suzy Ann!

MeraLehanga
07-02-2007, 09:41 PM
Easy girl,

its so easy to give you advise when you asked for one, sadly enough when it comes to regrets, if you find the experience not to your expectations and imagination, you will be alone.

You are so fortunate to have such a partner, but please dont twist her arm too much whilst chasing your desires. Desires never stop and nobody can place a criteria against them.

Just be careful and do what is right which requires a decent evaluation period to take the right decision.

I need to be forgiven if I said something out of line.....

Rachel Morley
07-02-2007, 10:25 PM
Like other's have said, this website is not just for crossdressers, it's for transsexuals too. There are separate sections for so many things here. Many of the "premier league posters" here are TS not CD. You're already home, you just didn't know it :D

Patricia Danielle
07-02-2007, 11:42 PM
Tinaashley hope you give it alot of thought? Because once it's done it's DONE there's no turning back and like the girl in post 16 said if it's not all you thought it would be you'll be all alone. That would major league, big time SUCK. ..Patricia..

DawnRodgers
07-03-2007, 12:18 AM
Wwell, yes, but one has to determine whther it is better to be alone and happy with who you are or with someone and miserable with who you are. You can always work at finding someone new, it is hard to live with yourself, as well as have others live with you, if you are unhappy with your lot in life.
Dawn

Sheri 4242
07-03-2007, 03:48 AM
I would LOVE to wear a wedding dress and my wife knows this and although she is very close to fitting her own wedding dress there is no way I can fit it. We have spoken about renewing our vows with us both wearing a wedding dress.

My wife and I just did this in Las Vegas a few weeks ago, and it was fantastic -- a dream of a lifetime come true, and memories that will be in my heart for as long as I live!!! In our case, I wore the wedding gown and my wife opted for an evening dress. Later we got to thinking that if we ever did it again, we'd go buy matching wedding dresses. I've got to tell you, I know my wife did this for me -- but once we were in the service she was overcome with the beauty of what we were doing!!! It became as special to her as it was to me!!!

((( If you are looking for a wedding dress, try eBay. Just remember, that when buying a wedding dress you probably will need to go a size larger than you normally wear. So, if you regularly wear a siz 16 dress, you'll probably need an 18 in a wedding dress. )))

BY THE WAY,as to your "do I belong here" question, I'd say you are most welcome!!! This is a diverse and understanding forum, well run, and with many fantastic people!!! Occassionally there will be an odd ball who seems to be full of venom and has nothing but vitriolic statements to make, but the moderators are great and handle these situations very well!!!

SANDRA MICHELLE
07-03-2007, 01:02 PM
If you want it bad enough than age is not important. You did say "when I am crossdressing" so you must not do it all the time. I would start there and go full time en-femme and see how you like it as a full time woman, so to speak.
If you can get past that you are well on your way to being qualified for the meds and the changes you will have to go through. If you like the feeling of being a woman because of the clothes and stuff you may not needto go through the physical changes. I know for me I would love to wear the clothes 24/7 and present as a woman but I would never get the sex reassignment surgery. I would however get breast implants right away if I were going to live as a woman full time.
Good luck with whatever you decide just make sure you are keeping your wifes feelings in mind, she sounds like a real keeper!!!

Joy Carter
07-03-2007, 03:00 PM
Look up Dr Ann Lawrence "Transexual Women's Success Stories." There are many insperational stories there. I read somewhere a girl in her late sixties went through with GRS.

JamesAlan
07-04-2007, 06:17 PM
As long as you are healthy, I don't think you'll ever be too old for GRS. My girlfriend is starting early in life (22). But with any large change like that, it is tough on your body and will be tough on those around you that love you. I found out early in my relationship that she wanted to have a sex change. I've been very supportive of her. I'm proud of her. I bet your wife is too. As another has said, probably starting to dress en femme more often, moving towards 24/7 would be a great start. I would also get a physical done to see if you'd be healthy enough to undergo the hormones and procedures.