PDA

View Full Version : minimal make up

julie w
07-02-2007, 10:46 AM
During the summer ,as I observe women on the street I notice a lot dress like
me but its rare to notice them wearing make up , as most of us know few of
us pass 100% ,the best chance we have is to blend in as best possible .
I love make up as much as the next girl , but I am wearing very little for my
day look just wondering if any of you girls share this view ?

Brianna Lovely
07-02-2007, 10:52 AM
I do. I'm trying to learn how to do the least makeup for my daytime look.
Right now I'm using Revlon Age Defing Finishing Powder, lipstick and mascara.

Karren H
07-02-2007, 10:55 AM
If I'm going out enfemme I'm wearing the makeup that makes me look good enough to go out!! Kind of a catch 22? Hehe.

And who cares what the other girls do? Not me for sure!!

Ok let me rephrase that.... Who cares what the woman with no makeup and wearing fem jeans does!!!

Now the one in the LBD and the makeup to die for... Yeah.. That's what I'm talking about!! Lol

:D

Karren

Mitch23
07-02-2007, 11:03 AM
not sure about that - feel I need to hide behind my makeup. I think that sometimes we stand out because we are wearing more makeup - perhaps I'll try. Need concealer for my shadow though!

Mitch

Sheri 4242
07-02-2007, 11:09 AM
You gotta do your makeup for what is best for you and your situation. Consider the time of day and where you're going, like a lot of GG's do. Like I just said to Frankie in another thread about makeup and going out, your makeup for the mall during the day is going to be lighter than your makeup for Club XY (ahem - pun, pun) at night, which would normally need to be heavier. Read Frankie's thread -- it has some good advice that might be beneficial to you, too!

tall_brianna
07-02-2007, 11:16 AM
heh. yeah, as soon as the facial hair is gone, it's minimal most of the time.

Julogden
07-02-2007, 11:19 AM
Hi Julie,

I generally agree with the philosophy of "It takes a lot paint to make a guy what he ain't". The trick is to not look like you're wearing as much makeup as you are, so picking the correct shades and applying the makeup correctly becomes very important if you're going for a minimal makeup look.

Most males need a lot of makeup, especially foundation makeup and beard cover, in order to make their face reasonably feminine.:2c:

If you can pull off your look without much makeup, you're one of the lucky ones!:happy:

Carol:hugs:

Kate Simmons
07-02-2007, 12:57 PM
It's okay if you wanna go for the "no makeup" look, you just need a little finesse and to use the makeup a little smarter. I have some experience doing that when I'm Eric as I want it to look like I'm not wearing makeup but still need beard cover, etc. Somewhat of a challenge to say the least.:happy:

Kristen Marie
07-02-2007, 01:19 PM
And besides the obvious beard cover, on the hot and humid days the make-up and wig make it worse. As much as I would love to get out more this summer, up in New England the muggy days make it impossible for me. I tried dressing with make-up and a wig this past weekend and it was just to hot for my body type.

Sam-antha
07-02-2007, 01:49 PM
Who cares what the woman with no makeup and wearing fem jeans does!!!
Karren

Well now there is a definite statement from Karren. If no one looks why not follow their example and go minimal ? You are right Juliew
It is like Salandra says, go smarter, with your appearence. That is what I try and so far, I believe, (tell me if I am wrong with my city pics), that I manage well enough. Certainly I think as well as the others - real ones - in the morning or at the end of the working day.

~Samm

RobertaFermina
07-02-2007, 04:32 PM
I use whatever it takes to "girl up" this man !

I do have some time to put in studying women in daytime makeup. They come in all shapes and sizes and degrees of "conventional" femininity. I am imposing a 1960's and 70's TV/Film/Print/PTA perception of womanhood onto my ideal of "passing" and am stuck trying to fit one of those images.

I know I can get to the place of accepting that I might be a woman with a more masculine face, and even more masculine bodyshape and mannerisms...yet still persuasively a woman....when I decide that is what I am, and how I will respond. I do that pretty well now, but using less makeup is a dealbreaker for me, even when I try, I end up adding more.

It is not easy for me.....I am emotionally hooked on the "full makeup" model, and haven't yet made that transition for daytime looks.

:rose: That '70s Girl :rose:

DonnaT
07-02-2007, 04:37 PM
The makeup doesn't bother me so much. It's the wig that's a bother.

BTW, I belive ULTA is having a sale on a portion of the Bare Minerals line this week.

Stephenie S
07-02-2007, 04:56 PM
My goal is to wear no makeup at all. Well, I guess I mean no foundation and concealer. I like lipstick and sometimes a little blush. I haven't ever mastered the art of eye makeup so I do't usually do that. Years ago I had the assistance of another to help with my eyes. Now, I can't see the darn things when I take off my glasses.

Anyway, no GG around here wears much makeup. To go out with full makeup on would mean being "read" instantly.

Lovies,
Stephenie

MarinaTwelve200
07-02-2007, 05:21 PM
I hide MY guy face behind makeup myself---BUT I have discovered that all I need to do the job---Look like "marina" and render myself otherwise unrecognizable, is my Eyeliner and my dark red lipstick.

Fortunately, I dont need conceiler or foundation---If I get a good shave, and I can live with a few moles.

The eyeliner and lipstick is what actually gives me my fem face---and its easier and quicker to take off than a whole face full of the other stuff.---I DO wear more makeup from time to time though, but will go minimal for a quick CD fix.

Patricia Danielle
07-02-2007, 11:58 PM
I guess make up is ok. But I sport a full beard or as the SO calls it my poratable bush. Aint enough make up in the world to make me pretty! As I've said in other posts I have the grace and beauty of a MACK truck, I must admit I play a pretty mean steel guitar. But when it come to dancing I'm a one person cattle drive. How do you keep make up from running if ya start to sweat? I've seen some serious make up disasters from ladys sweating.. Patricia..

noname
07-03-2007, 03:44 AM
Ever heard the term "Less is more"? I've tried different looks and minimal works best for me. I use finishing foundation to have an even skin tone, it's not even noticable. Concealer for eyes, again not really noticable. Mascara sometimes. So for me, less is more.

The only exception is when I get a zits. If my face has a couple of large bright red zits with a white head on it, better believe I'm going to use concealer. And no, at that point I won't care what anyone thinks.

Joy Carter
07-03-2007, 03:57 AM
Summer time is not our friend. Makeup it self is hot. I just know I won't be doing anymore daylight going out till fall gets here.:o

Sheri 4242
07-03-2007, 04:28 AM
CAROL & MITCH,

I generally agree with the philosophy of "It takes a lot paint to make a guy what he ain't". The trick is to not look like you're wearing as much makeup as you are, so picking the correct shades and applying the makeup correctly becomes very important if you're going for a minimal makeup look. Most males need a lot of makeup, especially foundation makeup and beard cover, in order to make their face reasonably feminine. Carol

Carol,

You're catching Karren's wit and wisdom!!! :D

At any rate, I agree with your assessment -- and like I said earlier, much depends on where you are going and what time of day. After all, how many GG's redo their makeup for an evening out?!!! It is one thing to do your makeup for the harshness of office lighting, another for a mall environment, and still another for a nightclub.

You make an important point about males and makeup -- and I think this leads to another vitally important factor: most of us GM's weren't, and have never been, taught how to properly apply makeup (heck, some GG's weren't either -- lol). When my wife and I did our "wedding" out in Las Vegas where I got to finally be a bride a few weeks ago, I had a talented and well-known makeup artist come in and do my makeup before our ceremony. Several weeks earlier I had asked my wife if she wanted him to do her's as well -- my wife is very good at makeup, so I was just offering this as sort of a treat. She declined the offer.

Well, first, as my wife did her makeup and the makeup artist did mine, my wife kept coming over and watching. I could tell my wife was in awe!!! Later she said that as good as she was with makeup, had she known the results of a talented makeup artist, she would have taken me up on my offer. She learned a great deal just watching him, and like I said, she was already good at doing makeup all on her own!!!

Second, the makeup artist spent an hour -- yep, one hour -- just on my eyes, and my wife says she now sees how vitally important that was to the total look!!! The eyes are, as they say, the window to the soul!!! They weren't overdone -- they were just right!!! So, in no small part, makeup is about learning -- and then giving it due and necessary time and effort!!!

not sure about that - feel I need to hide behind my makeup. . . . Need concealer for my shadow though! Mitch

Mitch,

You are one of the ones on here whose posts I always read, so I see your avatar every time. Let me start by saying that I think you are very attractive -- but that I looked half as good!!!

I don't think you need to hide behind anything, makeup included!!! You need to use makeup to highlight your natural beauty!!!

Regarding concealer and your "shadow," I have the same problem. And a MAC cosmetics person in a Vegas department store gave me invaluable advice. Our beard shadows have a blue tint to them. Concealer is based on our skin tone and doesn't really work on the blue hue. The answer is this: just for where your shadow is, use a red lipstick (sparsely) and concealer -- and mix in very well. Then, use concealer/foundation all over as if you had nothing already on. The red color counters the blue hue -- the concealer tint isn't enough to accomplish that.

Phyliss
07-04-2007, 03:51 AM
Hi Julie,

I generally agree with the philosophy of "It takes a lot paint to make a guy what he ain't".

Carol:hugs:

I've never heard it put that way before, but I love it. I do believe I'll add that line to my outlook on life.

Kristen Marie, and Joy Carter, about a week ago I had a similar conversation about "hot" weather with a SA at the Este Lauder counter. I made the observation that on hot days I can feel the makeup "melting" off my face. I asked her if she had ever seen the movie "House of Wax", and mentioned the "fire scene" . She had and could totally relate to the analogy. We both had a good chuckle over it. She asked me just how much I used when I put it on. I explained and she mentioned that I was probably using too much at a time.