PDA

View Full Version : Trying to get out of the rut

Tina Dixon
07-02-2007, 03:50 PM
Well I dug my stuff out today and was looking and I put my jean skirt on for about five minutes, thats a lot when I said to hell with about a month ago, maybe tomorrow if I have a lot of time I may go even farther, just maybe.

Kimberley
07-02-2007, 03:54 PM
Hey Tina,
We've all been there before. At least you didnt make the mistake of getting rid of everything.

Go as far as you feel comfortable within your safety net and you will be just fine.

:hugs:
Kimberley

Wendy me
07-02-2007, 03:57 PM
Tina don't force or rush things you won't have to wonder if you feel like dressing this you will know ..... remember it is what it is .... nothing more and nothing less.......

Emily Ann Brown
07-02-2007, 04:07 PM
Good to see you posting hun....listen to Wendy....go slow.

HUGS,
Emily Ann

SherriePall
07-02-2007, 05:04 PM
Yes, Tina, go slow, but if you do dress, remember we miss seeing that garage door.

Sam-antha
07-02-2007, 05:37 PM
Yeah, its good to go slow Tina, but do not forget to put something on under the skirt.~Samm with panties and skirt - denim - mini.
~S~

Sharon
07-02-2007, 05:46 PM
Tina don't force or rush things you won't have to wonder if you feel like dressing this you will know ..... remember it is what it is .... nothing more and nothing less.......

I have to agree with Wendy, don't force it. Not having a desire to crossdress is just as valid a feeling and action as wanting to. I mean, if it's no fun and too much like work, why do it?

Relax, do what you want, and forget about having to do anything.

SandyR
07-02-2007, 06:16 PM
Go with Wendy. Take it slow, I have been there, between work, kids, life, sometimes its just to much to get all dolled up. But one thing I know for sure, when the time is right its so worth the wait!

Hugs.

SandyR

marie354
07-02-2007, 06:29 PM
You know that this time of year means a lot more outdoor exposure... Backyard cookouts, visiting friends, going to the beach, more movies... Not to mention that a lot of that time is on the scoot.
You got to love this time of year.

So what... You don't feel like getting dolled up very often. It doesn't matter at all. What matters is how you feel.

From reading your posts, I can tell that you've got a level head, so I'm sure that things will work out fine. No mater what the outcome.
Just be yourself, and try not to worry about it. Relax!

I'm sure you know how we all feel about you... We care!
And... Let's see some more of that famous garage door. Teeheehee. :tongueout

Sandygal
07-02-2007, 06:35 PM
one step at a time Tina. We both have a great fear of losing family, so we try to push our crossdressing away. Even when we don't dress, it's in our minds constantly. It just hurts sometimes. We wish our SO's would say come on honey, let's dress up. But for many of us it just won't ever happen. So we get depressed, nobody knows we are depressed because we are so good at hiding our secrets. I started to gain weight after I told my wife, we are still together and she says she loves me. But, we never talk about it, its like coming out of one closet and falling into the pantry. My times to dress up are so fleeting , I feel like not even trying anymore and then I become even more depressed. That's why I live through you girls. When you said that you were going to leave the crossdressing world. I knew you didn't want to stop, it was just your depression taking over. I could go on and on Tina, but the main thing is we are CROSSDRESSERS. We purge, we gain and lose weight, we cry, we go through depression, some of us can look good enough to hit the streets and some of us would scare children. So lets just enjoy what we can do. If its an hour a day, so be it. Oh crap! I gained a pound. I'm still depressed.
Sandy

Alice Torn
07-02-2007, 11:59 PM
T, Don[t feel alone, too much. Some others are in ruts, and harsh things, too. It looks like i will have to move, for the 39th time, real soon!! Dressing is the last thing on my mind right now! Going through bankruptsy, now. Next week, one of my older brothers, who ridiculed me all my life, is moving to this area. My housemate, is a female with a big mustache, has no friends. I bought her a good self-help book, and talked to her brother. She has not come out of her room, or said a word to me, when I am here, since then. I can't take living with such a negative, anti-social, anti-male, anti- Christian, anti- America, anti-common sense person, anymore. It is a nice place in the country, but, she is the most miserable, unhappy human being, I have ever known. I will have to move into a congested neighborhood in Seattle, the opposite of this acre in the country. This houseowner, would be miserable, if the president gave her 1000 acres, and a mansion. It is hard to dress, when I am always having to rent rooms. Sometimes, more pressing needs, and more important things, crowd out dressing.

Suzie S.
07-03-2007, 05:20 AM
Tina, just do whatever you feel comfortable with. No one says you have to dress all the way, part way, or not at all. We all go through these bouts of doubt and confusion. You have a very level head, just take it slow. Marie said it well, this time of year can be hectic, with lots going on. That can be a good thing, as it keeps your mind focused on other things. I don't dress anywhere near as much as I did during the winter.

Do what's best for yourself and remember we are here for you! :hugs:

Raychel
07-03-2007, 06:17 AM
I think that everyone siaid it here already. But do whatever makes you happy. If you don't dress at all we will still love you for the person you are. Take it slow and be sure that the person inside you is happy.

Karren H
07-03-2007, 06:47 AM
See your dressing more than I am and you quit!!! Go figure.... Im heading towards week 8 here.... and it's not really getting to me.. Have way way way too much going on this summer... And crossdressing is on the bottom of the list....

Family...Work...Ice Hockey..... Every Other Damn Thing .................... Crossdressing

When I get to the bottom of the pile I'll let you know!! lol

Just get dressed up and go buy something pretty!! In Clare... Use the rest area to change!! :D

Love Karren

erickka
07-03-2007, 06:56 AM
T, I'm with Karren. Too much to do, not enough time. I am slowly coming off a 6 week leave myself. I'm taking it slowly also. Have yet to do makeup and the rest. I'm not yet ready to do it all, either. I agree to take it at the pace you feel comfortable at. It seems to be working well for me that way, and I wish you well.

Angie G
07-03-2007, 06:58 AM
Hi Tina nice to hear from you hang in there hun it will be fine :hugs:
Angie

Toyah
07-03-2007, 07:20 AM
Take your time hunny you will know when its right for you :hugs:

Wendy me
07-03-2007, 07:29 AM
see Tina your "NORMAL" ..... lol ever thought you would hear someone tell you that????....lol.....

Samantha B L
07-03-2007, 09:03 AM
Tina,you should take your time. But it is certainly always fun to read your posts.

Kristen Marie
07-03-2007, 09:25 AM
When I got in a rut last year, I effectively eliminated most of my wardrobe. Not a purge mind you, but a systematic rebuilding of an image. I was tired of my look, tired of the same old same old. I had a professional makeover done....assessed my overall appearance...yuck...and started off on a mission. Everything now is fresh and fun. Enjoy this time and go slow.

Lovely Rita
07-03-2007, 09:49 AM
Well I dug my stuff out today and was looking and I put my jean skirt on for about five minutes, thats a lot when I said to hell with about a month ago, maybe tomorrow if I have a lot of time I may go even farther, just maybe.

Have a wonderful day:love:

az_azeel
07-03-2007, 04:41 PM
And dont forget Tina skirts do make it a lot easier to go to the toilet:tongueout:tongueout

CharleneCD
07-04-2007, 08:12 AM
Tina, it is just how the cycles of things work with this. For most of last summer and the fall I had little to no desire to dress. I picked up a little over the winter and spring, and then the past few weeks the bug has hit me full force. Right now if I could get away with it I would be comfortable staying dressed 24/7. Just go with the flow and dont fight it.