PDA

View Full Version : The Opening Scene in Carrie

Valerie Nicole
07-02-2007, 04:03 PM
Last night, for the first time since I've come to accept being a crossdresser, I watched the movie "Carrie." The original, the one with Sissy Spacek. For those of you that haven't seen the movie, the opening is an intimate scene in which Carrie is cleaning herself in a gym shower, and the first minute or so of this scene is just various panning shots featuring different parts of her completely nude body.

Well, anyway, as I watched this scene, it aroused something in me. It wasn't sexual, like I might have expected at seeing a naked woman like that. Instead, what I noticed was the intense beauty and femininity of her body. I started to envy that, and envy her. I thought this would be easy to write about and describe, but it's not. I can't quite capture the effect this scene had on me. I didn't want to be her, at least not physically, there was just something about this scene that resonated with me. I'm not sure I've ever felt this sort of thing before.

Frankie-Dear
07-02-2007, 04:59 PM
I understand what you're saying and how you're seeing. I mentioned this in another thread, where now, when I look at women, rather than looking at them the way a man looks at a woman, I'm really looking: At their forms, at their make-up, their hair, their outfits... Even their shoes! I'm seeing their grace, the way the move, listening to the way they talk and the melody in their voices... It's a whole different/new kind of seeing. :)

Sarah Rabbit
07-02-2007, 05:05 PM
I must admit, since stepping out of my traditional male role, I do look at females differently now. I'm more inclined to look at their dresses, shoes and accessories. I am facinated by their mannerisms. :happy:

Sarah R. :bunny:

summermarie
07-02-2007, 05:23 PM
I must admit, since stepping out of my traditional male role, I do look at females differently now. I'm more inclined to look at their dresses, shoes and accessories. I am facinated by their mannerisms. :happy:

I feel the same way since I get to dress a lot more now at home.

Lora Olivia
07-02-2007, 07:04 PM
When I look at a woman now I find myself studying mannerisms makeup fashion sense....I guess I would say I take in the whole woman not just does she have a cute butt:eek:.....also I find myself comparing my own self image to them, thinking "Do I stack up?"....why yes I think I do!!

windycissy
07-02-2007, 07:34 PM
I'm much more turned on by the opening scene in "Adventures in Babysitting" where Elizabeth Shuh is getting dressed for her dream date...the kilt, the tights, wow!

marie354
07-02-2007, 07:35 PM
She is an interesting woman. I met her briefly while she was filming "Violets Are Blue".
The amusement park that was shown was "Trimper's Rides of Ocean City" where I worked at the time.
I spent many a night... All night long, starting and stopping rides for them. (It was just the maintenance crew that late at night. (4-5 AM))

There is actually a very brief scene of me in it. You'd have to look very hard to catch it as I'm just turning away from the camera, pushing a kiddie car up a ramp.
I signed a release form but didn't want their $40 a day payment as an "extra". (I was being paid much more by the park.)
:hugs:

Oddlee
07-03-2007, 01:57 AM
I understand what you're saying and how you're seeing. I mentioned this in another thread, where now, when I look at women, rather than looking at them the way a man looks at a woman, I'm really looking: At their forms, at their make-up, their hair, their outfits... Even their shoes! I'm seeing their grace, the way the move, listening to the way they talk and the melody in their voices... It's a whole different/new kind of seeing. :)

Interestiing, isn't it? I'm a guy, in my own mind. I like to dress in women''s clothing, but still thonk of myself as (and enjoy being) a guy. Having said that, I also truly relish the sensation of my crossed ankles wearing thigh-highs. So I find myself vacilating between wishing to be accepted as "that woman" and wanting "that woman" to be part of my life; a contradictiion...

Lee

Karren H
07-03-2007, 06:35 AM
But but but she wasn't wearing any clothes!!! Im with Windy....it isn't about their body, at least for me.. It's about mine and how their clothing fit my body.. After all that is why they call it crossdressing!! :) No envy.. I am what I am... And I really never liked her much anyway.. Lol

Karren

Valerie Nicole
07-03-2007, 11:22 AM
But but but she wasn't wearing any clothes!!! Im with Windy....it isn't about their body, at least for me..

I know what you mean, Karren. That's something I've been grappling with. It didn't seem like it was about her body to me, either. But she wasn't wearing clothes, so I knew it wasn't about that either. I've had similar experiences where I've seen a GG in a nice outfit, but I always thought that it was the clothes, and only the clothes, that grabbed my attention and brought out those feelings. It was like that this time, but since she wasn't wearing any clothes, I know that wasn't it. I really can't put into words what it was. It wasn't physical attraction, and it wasn't attraction to the clothes (obviously), it was something separate from either of these...I can't even think of words that could begin to describe it.

Andi
07-05-2007, 03:33 PM
......it isn't about their body, at least for me.. It's about mine and how their clothing fit my body..... Karren

I'm also with Karren on this. I find that seeing pictures of women dressed nicely is much more pleasurable than looking at pictures in playboy or hustler. The female nude is beautiful and there are times I envy :luvu: the breasts or hips or hair they have but fully dressed women is what I enjoy looking at most. Yes the mind game is "How would I look like in those clothes from the neck down (neck up is a nightmare for me)?" If wishes came true, I wonder how big a percentage the female looking population would grow??