PDA

View Full Version : Well it was a RUSH..

Patricia Danielle
07-02-2007, 04:23 PM
Well I'm out of the closet, Just got home from a recording studio and still wearing my skirt. Much to my amazement nobody seemed to mind, one of the GG sound engineers even asked where I got the skirt and that it looked really comfortable. I was suprised how ease it was moving around under my steel guitar with 8 floor pedals and 8 knee bars it keep ya busy. The engineer about fell over when I told her I got it from the D.A.V. thrift store, so I bet I know where she went after the session..Thanks to all you girls for giving me the nerve to do it!!!!! Who knows might start a trend amoung the steel players? Patricia..

RobertaFermina
07-02-2007, 04:37 PM
You're welcome Honey.....BUT!

We helped you find *YOUR NERVE*. Use it in good health !

:rose: Roberta :rose:

MelindaC
07-02-2007, 04:38 PM
Congratulations!! I'd love to do the same thing...

I'd have to agree with you on the ease of movement and comfort part. I find the same thing to be true when I'm wearing a dress or skirt while sitting at my steel. Of course, I'm still just a beginner trying to learn to play, so I do this only at home. But amazingly, I feel so much more comfortable trying to play when I'm in a dress or skirt.

DonnaT
07-02-2007, 04:39 PM
Cool. Way to go Patricia!

Julie York
07-02-2007, 04:46 PM
You may well have completely altered my Hank Williams hour.

:(

:D

Patricia Danielle
07-02-2007, 09:39 PM
Well I still got a nerve or two left so I try to use them spairingly.. Melinda just keep after it a Pedal Steel is alot of instrument to wrap your head around so don't get discouraged, it takes time. Well got to bail got to unload all my stuff and bring it in the house..Patricia..

Country girl
07-02-2007, 09:44 PM
Sounds like you had a great time and learned a lesson in the process. Glad to see coming out of the closet wasn't near as difficult as maybe you thought it might be. Also sounds like the GG engineer is one cool chick! :hugs: CG GG

Stephenie S
07-02-2007, 10:15 PM
Ahh. You wore a skirt in public and nobody minded.

Hmmm. Seems to me I spent a good deal of time trying to say just that on a post a few weeks ago.

So you CAN wear a skirt if you want to. And the world didn't end. Imagine that.

Well, good for you!

Lovies,
Stephie

psion128
07-03-2007, 08:27 AM
OOO.. Gutsy. I don't think I'd do that. I personally like to keep it "in the closet". But that is what I'm comfortable with. But hey, grats on the move and no one is freaking cuz you did it. :D

Andi
07-05-2007, 03:16 PM
Patricia, I'm a real fan of the steel guitar sound and a player who wears a skirt just peaked my interest all the more. You are so brave to do this. Congratulations!!!! :love: