PDA

View Full Version : TG/CD plot in movie "Day Watch"

Marla151
07-02-2007, 05:12 PM
For anyone who hasn’t seen the movie “Day Watch” yet and plans to you may not want to read this as it will be a spoiler. Otherwise read on.

There was a plot in the movie day watch where the main male character was forced to switch bodies with his female partner and he then had to stay with his female trainee who he was in love with. It was funny the advice that he was given on how to seem more like a girl and some of the issues he was having. Then when he is staying with his love interest there is a scene where he comes out to her while she is in the shower and she gets angry and he starts kissing her and they make out in the shower. She’s a psychic so she can see him as the male he is and the female body he is in. After that the scene gets all chintzy and waterfally and such. Sorry for the lacking descriptive skills. Did anyone else see the movie? If so what did you think? I thought it was pretty hot in some aspects and had a definite transgender/cd undertone to it. It also took me by surprise as I wasn't expecting it at all in a horror/scifi movie.

Bobbie cd
07-02-2007, 05:35 PM
I haven't seen this one. May have to check it out since I am a big Sci-Fi fan. :D

Toyah
07-02-2007, 05:58 PM
It seems a bit cheesy I think

Marla151
07-02-2007, 06:32 PM
It was a little cheesy, I mean, I wouldn't go see the movie based on that scene or anything. It was just an unexpected plus for the move and brought to mind certain fantasies and such. I've had dreams where I wake up in a womans body which is kind of scary in that "Oh Sh*& how am I gonna explain this at work and school" kind of way but were also satisfying in that "I don't have to stuff my bra anymore and I can really feel it when my SO plays with them" kind of way. I personally wouldn't want to get the operation done but if I could switch from a man's to a woman's body every once in a while it would be cool. Anyway, it kinda played on that whole line of things for me and I thought it was cool to see. I found it comical and kind of sexy even with the cheese.

MeraLehanga
07-03-2007, 01:40 AM
Shushu,

When I complimented on your slick femme looks, you passed me on a Thank note at the same time surprised me with an image of Stalin reincarnated in the crossdressers forum, F to M. Its Like throwing a bucket of cold water. Mind letting us know the hidden humour behind it? Ahahah!

battybattybats
07-03-2007, 03:16 AM
What with the violence at russian gay rights demonstrations recently something that pushes the boundaries in their media is to be applauded. Personally I adored Nightwatch and liked Daywatch even better. The movies are loosely based on a series of books and short stories by a collaborating pair of writers.

There will be a third film made seperately just for the American market in a deal that will bankroll a russian tv series.

I saw the dubbed version of the 1st film, which aparently messes with the plot and edits out a whole character! The 2nd film I saw a subtitled review copy which was not so well translated resulting in some truly bizarre sentences :devil:

battybattybats
07-04-2007, 08:22 AM
If it was a deleted scene on the dvd I wouldn't be so upset but censorship really bugs me.

Is the body swapping in the books? i heard the books and films are quite different.