PDA

View Full Version : Facial hair removal creams

emma_enfemme
07-03-2007, 03:56 PM
I'm really thinking of trying facial hair removal creams since shaving so close always makes my face sore. I know they cost more than razors, so it'll be for special occasions only. Has anyone used these and if so, is it worth it???

Frankie-Dear
07-03-2007, 04:03 PM
I don't know if you have it over there, but at Walmart, there is this stuff called, "Shave Secret," and it's a little bottle filled with clear drops. (Don't get it mixed up with your eye drops!) You apply a few drops to your face and neck, and then shave WITH the hair growth, get your face a little damp if the razor begins to drag, and then shave AGAINST the hair growth, and it works really nicely.

I always shave in the shower, too. Hottest water I can stand, and after washing my face and hair. Lather up with conditioner, and while that's doing its thing, then I shave. I have very sensitive skin, but this regimen has worked very well for me.

Good luck to you. If you do try the hair removal cream, please let me know how it works for you.

emma_enfemme
07-03-2007, 04:12 PM
Thanks Frankie. I don't think you can get that over here, but I've found a few products that I can get. I'm gonna try one of them soon, so I'll let you know if it works.

Emma England
07-06-2007, 03:25 PM
One time, I bought a product called "magic" off ebay.

Not specifically for the face, but thought to give it a go anyway. No effect.

Did work on my legs - but find it better and cheaper to use a sugar based wax.

I am undergoing laser hair removal treatment for my face anyway.

Emma England
07-06-2007, 03:38 PM
I have used nair on my legs.

Shaving lasted longer, and the last time I used nair, I came out in red spots. :eek:

Dee Talbot
07-06-2007, 03:53 PM
I have used nair for my legs, and been dissapointed in the results. I have coarse hair, and the creme doesn't seem to work for me. It will remove the finer hairs, but the coarser hairs just get rubbery. I tried the facial type too, and it left my skin feeling raw and burned. It is also supposed to last longer than shaving, but I have never found that to be the case. All in all, I found that it wasn't worth the effort.

Dee