PDA

View Full Version : The more dresses I have the more I need

Lovely Rita
07-03-2007, 11:34 PM
As a Crossdresser I am so greatful to have dresses, skirts, blouses and pumps, and plenty of lingerie. Why do I go to the closet and still think I have nothing to wear? Like the wore that, done that, kind of attitude.

Why is it so exciting to wear something for the first time.

Lately, it seems like I am always on the look-out for something new. Never loved shopping so much. I will always have my favorites but it seems like I now am always looking to buy something new.

I don't mean to sound spoiled or full of myself. I have become just like my SO about shopping. I used to complain about her addiction to shopping and now since being free to buy dresses and all the girlie stuff I have become just like her.

Can any of you relate?

Alice Torn
07-04-2007, 12:25 AM
R, I jnow what you mean. I look for dresses, or tops, everytime, I go to the thrift stores, even though, I don't dress often, and, have plenty. Yes, there is a thrill of wering something for the first time! Just like the gg's! I used to alway s look for a new fishing reel, or shirt, or shoes. I still do those things, but, the dress serching, is wow!

Joy Carter
07-04-2007, 12:34 AM
Here is another twist to you question Rita. Have you bought anything and not worn it ? I have a lovely brown top and skirt I just can't seem to get it to look right on me. Funny it looked so good on the model in the cataloge.:o

Kate Simmons
07-04-2007, 02:51 AM
There is also something to be said about using older outfits in new ways, mixing and matching, etc. I really enjoy doing this and it brings out my creativity. I can take five blouses and 5 skirts and make them into many different outfits. I will admit I have a somewhat unfair advantage because of having so many wigs. All things considered, I have a plethora of different looks and it's anything but boring for me.:happy:

Kerrie Sifton
07-04-2007, 03:50 AM
What... new clothes are an attraction? Now how could that be? Speaking for myself, I just logged off of ebay after bidding on three blouses and searching for new skirts, mmm, now you have me going Rita, I think I will log back on, nothing like a new short pleated skirt to add to the wardrobe.

Thanks for the thread.
Cheers
Kerrie

Sheri 4242
07-04-2007, 04:10 AM
I don't mean to sound spoiled or full of myself. I have become just like my SO about shopping. I used to complain about her addiction to shopping and now since being free to buy dresses and all the girlie stuff I have become just like her. Can any of you relate?

Wow, Rita, can I ever relate BIG TIME!!!!!!! And, one problem is that we both have expensive tastes!!!

My SO is now rep'ing a woman's clothing line -- private selling at in-home shows. AND, the clothing is GREAT -- very high quality, extremely stylish!!! Problem is, it is also an expensive line!!! Some of you would shoot me if I told you what my SO and I spent on clothing from her line in the last two weeks!!! Of course, her rationale is that she must wear the clothes she is selling -- and I see the logic in that.

Maybe I should model her line on here and thus my clothes from her would become a write-off?!!!????

OH -- TOO FUNNY YOU'VE GOT TO HEAR THIS: my wife was at a meeting a month or so ago for the company that makes the clothing she sells -- and this one woman related how she has this one customer who she always sends a catalogue to -- and who always places great orders -- but whom she has never met, never seen, and never even spoken to on the phone!!! Well, my wife looks at a friend sitting next to her and says in a loud whisper, "crossdresser." Well, everybody who could hear her absolutely cracked up -- it was like Karren was there providing the entertainment!!! They don't think their head boss lady was too happy with the idea of a man wearing their line of clothing (the old sour puss), but hey, my wife and her friends say a sale is a sale!!!

[QUOTE=Joy Carter;926101]Here is another twist to you question Rita. Have you bought anything and not worn it?[QUOTE]

Wow, do I ever hate that -- in both myself AND when my wife does it, OR when one of our girls do it!!!

Phyliss
07-04-2007, 04:18 AM
"Why is it so exciting to wear something for the first time."

Simply BECAUSE it is "THE FIRST TIME"

"Oh that, old rag I've already worn it once. I need something new."

How many times have I said that to myself?

Not that I wear skirts or dresses everyday, (OMG I'd love to be able to) but once I've worn something it just doesn't have the same appeal as it did when I put it on for "the first time"

Raychel
07-04-2007, 06:28 AM
Like a kid in a candy store, or opening presents at christmas time. Just can't wait for the mailman to bring that new dress. Sometimes you just need to treat yourself. :p

leggy_tiana
07-04-2007, 08:01 AM
I completed agree with your sentiments. I think for me the excitment and fun of shopping for more and more dresses, skirts and blouses is wondering how I will look in them. I am always imagining myself wearing something I see in a catalog or something I see on another girl.

Jocelyn Quivers
07-04-2007, 08:13 AM
I have the exact same feeling. My closet is literaly overflowing with dresses, skirts, and tops, yet I still feel as if I don't have anything to wear. I also have dozens of outfits that I've only worn once as well. I always feel the urge to constantly go out and blow more money on outfits. Not that I'm complaining. Jocelyn

christina marie
07-04-2007, 09:31 AM
always shopping, even when looking for something totally unrelated. luckily,am too picky to find alot of things i like in stores, usually just basic stuff. now online, thats another matter entirely...

Stephanie Stephens
07-04-2007, 09:34 AM
Rita

t-shirts, pants, a couple of shirts don't take up much space. But I now wish I could fill up a whole closet with nothing but womens clothes, can't get enought. I love it, I love it, I love it.

Stephanie

JenniferR771
07-04-2007, 10:10 AM
Oh sure! I hate to wear the same outfit twice. The girls at the thrift shop expect to see me about twice a month. And I always check out the shoes--I have 19 pair. And sometimes I just take stuff back to the thrift store. and buy more. Not much space to store girly things in my outdoor shed. And my wife has threatened to discard my better dresses that are hanging in the darkest corner of my closet. Or concealed in garment bags.

cin
07-05-2007, 03:12 AM
As a Crossdresser I am so greatful to have dresses, skirts, blouses and pumps, and plenty of lingerie. Why do I go to the closet and still think I have nothing to wear? Like the wore that, done that, kind of attitude.

Why is it so exciting to wear something for the first time.

Lately, it seems like I am always on the look-out for something new. Never loved shopping so much. I will always have my favorites but it seems like I now am always looking to buy something new.

I don't mean to sound spoiled or full of myself. I have become just like my SO about shopping. I used to complain about her addiction to shopping and now since being free to buy dresses and all the girlie stuff I have become just like her.

Can any of you relate?

lol you are one step closer to being a true gg the curse of endlessly looking for the next cute great bargain

joann07
07-05-2007, 01:03 PM
Hi Rita,

Yes. I am with you.
When I'm in guy mode, every now and then I'll go shopping for male clothes, but when I'm in femme its like an addiction.

About a week and a half ago, I went to my local Goodwill store hoping to get a nice denim skirt. I looked around and must've tried on 10 or 11 skirts of different types, including denim, and so I ended up buying 3 denim short-skirts and 2 other short skirts, one being a really short mini-skirt barely covering up to mid-thigh. I love 'em.
After that, went window shopping, but then ended up getting a button down suit top, a pair of padded panties, a pair of Gauchos, and a red jersey wrap style dress. It seems like I spent a lot, but all that totalled up to about a $100.
Oh! And then I shopped online at VS (Semi-annual sale) and bought 2 dresses and 3 knit tops. The total, with shipping, was $107.

I told myself that that's. Well, for now.
I just need to tone it down since my female clothes are starting to out number my male clothes in my closet.

Lovely Rita
07-05-2007, 01:34 PM
Hi Rita,

Yes. I am with you.
When I'm in guy mode, every now and then I'll go shopping for male clothes, but when I'm in femme its like an addiction.

About a week and a half ago, I went to my local Goodwill store hoping to get a nice denim skirt. I looked around and must've tried on 10 or 11 skirts of different types, including denim, and so I ended up buying 3 denim short-skirts and 2 other short skirts, one being a really short mini-skirt barely covering up to mid-thigh. I love 'em.
After that, went window shopping, but then ended up getting a button down suit top, a pair of padded panties, a pair of Gauchos, and a red jersey wrap style dress. It seems like I spent a lot, but all that totalled up to about a $100.
Oh! And then I shopped online at VS (Semi-annual sale) and bought 2 dresses and 3 knit tops. The total, with shipping, was $107.

I told myself that that's. Well, for now.
I just need to tone it down since my female clothes are starting to out number my male clothes in my closet.

My female clothing is growing in leaps and bounds. I just have to find a balance and control myself a little more:D

I have to tell myself that I just can't buy everything I want:D

I need to hear more from the Ricky Ricardo in me and less from the Lucy.

I do love the Lucy in me though:D

marie354
07-05-2007, 01:35 PM
I can't go shopping without checking the ladies department... And at least buying 1 new item. (Usually it's more than 1.)
I went on a blouse hunting spree last week and got about 16-18 of them.
All different colors and styles.
Somehow, over a 3-day period, I managed not to duplicate anything in style and/or color.
I'm amazed at that.
:hugs:

It will take me some time to wear them all.

Slip Affinity
07-26-2007, 06:38 AM
I'm pretty much the same way except my weakness is full slips. I can't get enough of them.

RobertaFermina
07-26-2007, 08:43 AM
Rita, this is a trigger subject for me.

I am powerless over the lure of a new dress that is in my colors.

I have 1 week of sobriety - I successfully passed by a thrift store when I had time and money in my pocket.

God grant me the serenity......

:rose: Roberta :rose:

stefcd1
07-26-2007, 09:04 AM
Oh yes, can't all we girls relate. When in guy mode, I literally could care less about shopping but when I am in more of my natural (woman) I love shopping for dresses, blouses, skirts. And like many of you here, my female closet is now bigger than my male side. And the way things are going, it will continue to grow and probably some day push the male out completely.

Stef

Angie G
07-26-2007, 09:15 AM
Yes I can relate now that my wife konws I love to go shopping with her but that get costly but I do love new things :hugs:
Angie

Karren H
07-26-2007, 10:59 AM
I don't know what's going here.... I love to shop still... But could care less if I have a new dress... Its almost like is I have one dress and one skirt to wear I'm cool.. Kind of wierd? Even if I've worn it before!! Used to be just like you, Rita... Got to get a new outfit, wear it once and take a few photos. (Ok take a lot of photos!! Hehe) and on to the next outfit..

But I don't feel that way any more..... Guess I'm evolving... Into what I have no clue.. Maybe a guy?? Lol

Karren

Lovely Rita
07-26-2007, 11:02 AM
I don't know what's going here.... I love to shop still... But could care less if I have a new dress... Its almost like is I have one dress and one skirt to wear I'm cool.. Kind of wierd? Even if I've worn it before!! Used to be just like you, Rita... Got to get a new outfit, wear it once and take a few photos. (Ok take a lot of photos!! Hehe) and on to the next outfit..

But I don't feel that way any more..... Guess I'm evolving... Into what I have no clue.. Maybe a guy?? Lol

Karren

When I grow up I want to be just like you:D I mean it to. Sometimes, I feel like I am going through different phases in my style of dressing etc. Hopefully I will evolve too.

One thing is for sure, judging by your pictures. You have a lot of STUFF and you deserve it to.:hugs:

Karren H
07-26-2007, 11:22 AM
One thing is for sure, judging by your pictures. You have a lot of STUFF and you deserve it to.:hugs:

Well that's the funny part, Rita... I maintain a very small wardrobe... Probably fit in 5 file boxes.... Clothes, shoes, accessories and all... When it gets larger than that I give my older clothing (older being 6 months old) away to friends or crossdressers that can't afford nice things.. Been doing that about every 6 months or so... For years now... Feeling another one coming on too!! Lol

Call it Karrens way of maintaining sanity, order and a bit of forced purging.. Guess I'll have to stop when I get down to one of everything.. Hehe

Karren

Lovely Rita
07-26-2007, 11:26 AM
Well that's the funny part, Rita... I maintain a very small wardrobe... Probably fit in 5 file boxes.... Clothes, shoes, accessories and all... When it gets larger than that I give my older clothing (older being 6 months old) away to friends or crossdressers that can't afford nice things.. Been doing that about every 6 months or so... For years now... Feeling another one coming on too!! Lol

Call it Karrens way of maintaining sanity, order and a bit of forced purging.. Guess I'll have to stop when I get down to one of everything.. Hehe

Karren

You Rock Karren!!!!!!!!!:hugs:

I just love it. What a loving thing to do:love:

By the way, Girls you have been generous to have told me and it is a beautiful thing, indeed.

According to the rules here I cannot nominate you for anything, no politics etc., but you know I would.:D

Mitch23
07-26-2007, 11:54 AM
I think I'm getting some level of control over this addiction - have been out a couple of times recently and not bought anything!

I'm steadily building up a good wardrobe but when I see something it's got to have its place in the scheme of things so sometimes it has to go back on the rail. My girly spending though is way out of proportion to the amount of time I spend dressed

But those autumn fashions will be out soon and there's so many must have items ...

mitch

Lovely Rita
07-26-2007, 12:32 PM
I think I'm getting some level of control over this addiction - have been out a couple of times recently and not bought anything!

I'm steadily building up a good wardrobe but when I see something it's got to have its place in the scheme of things so sometimes it has to go back on the rail. My girly spending though is way out of proportion to the amount of time I spend dressed

But those autumn fashions will be out soon and there's so many must have items ...

mitch

I am constantly on a quest to fulfill my desire for "those must have items"

The perfect shoe, with a particular vamp and style of heel, The ever illusive peasant blouse that Gyspsy's would wear.

More black Lace dresses.

Let me shut up now. This won't lead to anything good:D