PDA

View Full Version : ATL bound and lovin it

Kandi
07-04-2007, 03:41 PM
Hi gurls,

I haven't been real expressive lately but thats fixing to go out the window.
Tomorrow morning I get to do what alll of us dream about. Yeah go out and not give a dam. My beautiful wife and I are goin to Atlanta and paint the town red or pink or what ever the heck color I decide on when i get to TLC Nails in Marietta.

Haven't been out since april so I'm itchin bad. I figure I can scratch real good in Marietta, GA. Nice thing about TLC nails is a full service wax salon moved in next door. Too bad I can't indulge right now but who knows what might get over me once I'm there.

Plan on goin to lebuzz for thursday night drag show.

This is a warm up to the Southern Comfort Conference that we are booked to attend in September.

Anyone else planning a trip to the SCC?

Julie York
07-04-2007, 05:06 PM
My beautiful wife and I are goin to Atlanta and paint the town red or pink

Red goes with pink!

:D:D

Alex!
07-04-2007, 05:18 PM
Yup. See you there!

Kandi
07-04-2007, 08:06 PM
super Andrea!!
i look forward to meeting you there!!!

Rachel Morley
07-04-2007, 08:34 PM
I've heard Atlanta is one of THE places to go if you are TG. Have fun, take pictures and come back and tell us all about it. :D

Kandi
07-04-2007, 10:11 PM
come on gurls i want to go to atl with some encouragement!!
I promise I'll share all the little details when I get back! I even plan on some pics if I can convince some total strangers to take my picture.
I will be leaving at 7:00 am and then no turning back.

cindybarnes
07-05-2007, 05:32 AM
Kandi,
Have fun !! Le Buzz is just a few miles from me but I still havnt checked it out. Everyone else says its a fun place tho.
Im planning on making SCC a couple nights this year so hope to see ya there !
Cindy

DAVIDA
07-05-2007, 05:56 AM
Hi Kandi!
Try to stay under control,OK? :heehee:
As you know, Jean and I are going to SCC! And as usual, Jean is just as excited as I am! Tell your beautiful wife hello and call us soon so we can do dinner and hear about your weekend!

DAVIDA
07-05-2007, 06:01 AM
Maybe we should have a CD.COM get-together! We could meet the people we have grown to know as family.
PM me if anyone is interested in meeting at SCC!

Angie G
07-05-2007, 08:40 AM
Have lots of fun Kandi :hugs:
Angie

joann07
07-05-2007, 12:29 PM
Hi Kandi,

Have a great time and let us know how its goes.

I'll surely be there.
This will be my first SCC and I'm looking forward to having a great time.
I can't wait to meet everyone and make some new friends.

A CD.com get-together sounds like a plan so you can count me in. I guess we'll have to coordinate a time when the event gets closer. Maybe someone can come up with a sign or banner so everyone from this site will know.

By the way, I posted a thread on the Upcoming CD Events forum. Its kind of an early rollcall to everyone who's going. See this link.
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60591

Mitch23
07-05-2007, 01:08 PM
Go for it girls!

Mitch

Deidra Cowen
07-05-2007, 02:15 PM
Hope you crazies have lots of fun here in the ATL!!!!

Kandi
07-07-2007, 09:13 PM
hey gurlz,
Yes my ATL trip was a blast!! My beautiful wife and I left home thursday and got to ATL by 9:30. I dropped her off at her favorite shopping venue and went on to Marietta were I got a manicure and a pedicure. I went with red on the toes and american on my hands. After starting the day in jeans the heat got to me and I put on a denim skirt dispite my hairy legs. (no one noticed my hairy legs) After picking up my princess we went to a few value villages and goodwills looking for treasure. I found a nice blouse and simple black skirt both for 4 bucks.

The blouse came in handy after I spilt sauce on the one I was wearing in Joes Crab Shack. Our waitress was about 20 and took care of us with out a blink of an eye.

After dinner I dropped my babi off at another thrift store while I went for a color change on my hands. Red of course. I sat thru 3 cycles with the little uv ray and fan dryer and still managed to mess up two nails before I got to lebuzz (again no one noticed).

Lebuzz was fun with a real small crowd but two very interesting patrons, sharon was a great gurl I meet and found out she is actually working at a lane bryant in femme!!! Then of course the ATL legend showed up, Deidra came out and we had a few laughs and a game of pool. Pool is much funner in a skirt!!!

The show that night was not what we expected but different.

I am pleased to see all the responses to the SCC. Yes we will have to have some kind of get together.

Just a thought for all of you who would like to go out but have yet to get the nerve. I stand 6'2" and push 250lbs, I know I'm not fooling any one but it always amazes me the total lack of unpleasant experiences I have when out .
The worst thing that happened this trip were two SA in Catos who called their manager on the phone to see what to do when I asked for a dressing room. My wife was paying for her stuff and they had no idea we were together. She heard it all and when they asked her opinion she said if I wasn't hurtin any one what was the big deal. After waiting 5 minutes to respond to my request for a changing room I saved them the trouble and left with my head up. I probably would have bought what I was goin to try on.

That one little incident was nothin compared to the fun I had the rest of the day.

Sorry for the rambling, look forward to meeting you'all in sept at the SCC

Kandi

Deidra Cowen
07-08-2007, 08:51 AM
Kandi I really enjoyed getting to see you two sweeties. Gald ya had fun visiting, shopping and doing all the stuff you girls managed to pull off.

That CATO store scene was kinda wild but it sounds like you were very smart in how you handled it.

Hope to see ya at SCC!!!!

Hugs

Deidra

Edwina
07-08-2007, 09:55 AM
Just a thought for all of you who would like to go out but have yet to get the nerve. I stand 6'2" and push 250lbs, I know I'm not fooling any one but it always amazes me the total lack of unpleasant experiences I have when out .

Kandi

Perhaps being 6' 2" and 250 lbs. has something to do with it? :heehee:
I sure envy you visiting Atlanta, I have been there, albeit in stealth mode, visiting with friends and I loved it there. Would love to be there as Edwina though.
Glad you both had such a good time.
:love:
Edwina

ClaireJ
07-09-2007, 10:46 AM
Welcome to Atlanta! Sorry we missed this thread and you. We moved here not long ago and it is definitely a step up from where we used to live. We are going to try and hit SCC at least on the weekend as my better half has to work that week. Boo, Hiss.

Speaking of SCC anyone going to the meeting this Saturday?