PDA

View Full Version : fingernails?

occdresser
07-04-2007, 04:00 PM
How do you get rid of the glue that goes underneath your fingernails? Anybody? Please?

KandisTX
07-04-2007, 04:26 PM
Acetone works best. Find a nail polish remover with acetone and you should be alright.

Kandis:love:

I was really looking for something much more prolific as my 100th post on the forums, but this appears to be the best I can do at the moment... maybe something better will come along for number 200. LOL

occdresser
07-04-2007, 07:40 PM
Acetone works best. Find a nail polish remover with acetone and you should be alright.

Kandis:love:

I was really looking for something much more prolific as my 100th post on the forums, but this appears to be the best I can do at the moment... maybe something better will come along for number 200. LOL

i think your 100th post is excellent!:thumbsup: your :bighug::bighug:the best!

marie354
07-04-2007, 10:41 PM
Actually the thing that probably would work best is the same thing that they use. An adjustable speed Dremmel tool with an engraving tip. It'll cut it right out of there.
I just got mine done for the first time last night and they look great!
All the same length, rounded nicely, and shiny. She only needed 3 tips to make them all the same length.
Acetone might melt any nail tips of fill-in acrylics used, so be careful with it if you use that.

Dremmel tools aren't that expensive anymore ($20-$30) and you can get one at any Walmart anymore. (It may have to be a supercenter though.)
:hugs:
I'd love to get some of that powdered plastic they use. I used to use the same thing to repair and/or construct plastic parts for VCR's years ago, but haven't seen it in years.

DanaJ
07-05-2007, 05:11 AM
I must add a word or warning to Marie's advice - be very very careful if you use a Dremel on your own nails, they operate at a very high rpm and can do serious damage quickly if you slip or are not careful.

Personally, I only use nail techs that do hand-filing only. If you go to a nail tech (usually corner discount salons use them)that uses a drill (Dremel tool) on your natural nails, this is bad and illegal in many states. They need to use them to get as many people in and out because they have their prices cut to the bone.

Professionals should only use drills (Dremels) on nail enhancements (acrylic, gel, etc) - not natural nails. Also, the heat generated even when they use them on acrylics can damage the nail bed depending on the frequency of use.

marie354
07-05-2007, 02:12 PM
Dana is right about being careful with the Dremmel tool.
That's why I suggested the variable speed version.
At a reduced speed, it won't burn the extra off or your skin.
But remember too, that the engraving tips are diamond hardened to be able to etch the hardest steel, so they can cut you deeply before you even realize it.

With a little care and slower speed it should work fine.
:hugs:

Remember... Even though the Dremmel is very small, it's still a POWER TOOL, so handle it with respect.