PDA

View Full Version : Out in Cape Girardeau

Michelle S
07-04-2007, 04:53 PM
I don't go out en femme in my town, accept to the one gay bar we have, because it is a small rural town where I know many people. I do go out and about in Saint Louis when I can. But, it is a long drive and I have to get a hotel room for two nights if I want to be out during the day.

Yesterday however I went to Cape Girardeau (MO) - a one hour drive. I left early and went to the West Park Mall. I don't think anyone read me. One girl working at a booth in the mall called me over and tried to sell me over priced nail products. I waited for the look of surprise when she'd realize I was male. But even with my voice she did not seem to catch on. :thumbsup: They have a Barns and Noble Cafe where I sat down and read my book for awhile. I was back home by noon. In order to stay for longer periods of time I'll need to find a unisex bathroom! :(

So, now I have a place to be en femme that is not too close to home but is drivable while en femme. I am not real big on bars and nightclubs - I want to be a regular person when en femme. Besides, at a gay bar everyone can tell I am cross dressed! Context makes all the difference. Of course if I want to dress up sexy they are still the only venue! :happy:

Holly
07-04-2007, 05:04 PM
Michelle, I'm glad you found a place to go out that's not too far from your home. Congratulations on your mall walk!

Joy Carter
07-04-2007, 05:09 PM
My friend Teresa Amina calls this "real life situations." We both love to be out and about. But not into the bar scene. It has been a great confidence builder. I don't pass in the least. Teresa does a pretty good job. But if we are to be accepted we have to present our selves in the best light possable. So far only one negative responce. I can take all the hissing noises one can dish out.:heehee:

Noel Chimes
07-04-2007, 10:39 PM
Michelle, next time that you decide to come to St. Louis for the weekend, send me a heads up.:hugs: Maybe we can meet up for tea or a little mall walking.

marie354
07-04-2007, 10:50 PM
Wow! You're lucky... There isn't a gay bar that I know of or found a listing for on gay sites within about 60 miles from me.
Now there are a few TG stores within 10-30 miles, but that's it.

I'm glad that you found a place a bit farther from home base.
:hugs: