PDA

View Full Version : Wild speculation: If you could change into a genetic girl would you?

cin
07-05-2007, 08:39 AM
Don't know if this has been asked before. Genetic research is advancing very fast.

If there was a process to change you into a genetic girl (except reproductive organs) would you do it?

Speculation: This is how I think it could be done in the future.
Stage 1: A process reverts your body to the form you had at about age 12. This doesn't mean you lose height just the masculine structure.
Stage 1a: The sexual organs are reverted to pre-birth state into the female pathway.

Stage 2: A genetically engineered non-reproducing vector (that's like a virus that carries what we tell it to) introduces the relevant parts of the X chromosome into all your cells and excises the Y chromosome from all your cells.

Stage 3: The puberty process is initiated which will mature your body into a genetic girl taking about 5 years.

I know this is really wild speculation but I think it is possible in the future.

Karren H
07-05-2007, 09:02 AM
Sounds more like a good plot for Outer Limits!! Lol. And I guess given enough money you could do anything possible but why? We are born how were born.. And if that's somewhere between two genders then so be it...

I sure wouldn't want to be a GG!! I'm having way too much fun in both genders to have to pick just one for ever!!

Case in point.. Spent most of my 4th holiday with the son working on his old Camry.. Real father son time and it was great... And I have an ice hockey game tonight but Tuesday I'm off on a business trip and I'll be enfemme for a day or two!! So got to learn to cope with the cards that are dealt you and make the best of them!! I do for sure.. :)

Love Karren

Lovely Rita
07-05-2007, 09:06 AM
Sounds more like a good plot for Outer Limits!! Lol. And I guess given enough money you could do anything possible but why? We are born how we'ree born.. And if that's somewhere between two genders then so be it... I sure wouldn't want to be a GG!! I'm having way too much fun in both genders to have to pick just one for ever!!

Karren

I am thrilled to be who and what I am, Thank God, I would not change a thing. I love having my cake and eating it too!

That is how I feel about it.:love:

cin
07-05-2007, 09:08 AM
Sounds more like a good plot for Outer Limits!! Lol. And I guess given enough money you could do anything possible but why? We are born how we'ree born.. And if that's somewhere between two genders then so be it... I sure wouldn't want to be a GG!! I'm having way too much fun in both genders to have to pick just one for ever!!

Karren

Actually believe it or not there was an episode in outer limits with this exact plot although my description is more scientifically accurate.

You don't have to choose one gender forever. You can switch between the two although a limited number of times.

KandisTX
07-05-2007, 09:08 AM
Not this gurl that's for sure. I much prefer being able to LOOK like a woman without having to BE a woman. I honestly don't think I could handle all the stress and such that GG's have to deal with on a regular basis. The ability to change my outward appearance at will by the clothing I wear is enough of a change for me.

Kandis:love:

Kate Simmons
07-05-2007, 09:13 AM
I dunno, DNA is unpredictable. Introducing a specifically designed virus into a person could have undetermined results. I realize it's fiction but the case of The Incredible Hulk comes to mind. Any outside agent that can influence DNA is a wild card at best. It would probably be more feasible (!?) to introduce nano probes with a specific programmed function in mind, then they could build and rebuild at the cellular level. Still, being machines, they would not be infallible and could cause possible mutations. In the words of Victor Frankenstein:"I've created a monster." Think I'll just stick to the old fashioned way if I ever decide to transition or better yet, for myself, just remain a part time "woman". Seems to work.;):battingeyelashes:

cin
07-05-2007, 09:13 AM
Not this gurl that's for sure. I much prefer being able to LOOK like a woman without having to BE a woman. I honestly don't think I could handle all the stress and such that GG's have to deal with on a regular basis. The ability to change my outward appearance at will by the clothing I wear is enough of a change for me.

Kandis:love:

Being a genetic girl isn't stressful. It all depends on your personality.

I dunno, DNA is unpredictable. Introducing a specifically designed virus into a person could have undetermined results. I realize it's fiction but the case of The Incredible Hulk comes to mind. Any outside agent that can influence DNA is a wild card at best. It would probably be more feasible (!?) to introduce nano probes with a specific programmed function in mind, then they could build and rebuild at the cellular level. Still, being machines, they would not be infallible and could cause possible mutations. In the words of Victor Frankenstein:"I've created a monster." Think I'll just stick to the old fashioned way if I ever decide to transition or better yet, for myself, just remain a part time "woman". Seems to work.;):battingeyelashes:

DNA is far from being unpredictable. Results are known very well about what viruses do and how for specific viruses. Nanoprobes are science fiction.

Kelsie
07-05-2007, 09:16 AM
I'd be happy with a full body outfit that would give me a female body complete with all the plumbing.

Hugs,
Kelsie

brittanny
07-05-2007, 09:18 AM
I would do it for sure if your going back to pre birth genitals why can't you have reproductive capabilities

cin
07-05-2007, 09:18 AM
I'd be happy with a full body outfit that would give me a female body complete with all the plumbing.

Hugs,
Kelsie

That's possibly easier to do than the genetic transformation but it requires better nano manufacturing than what we have now.

I guess everyone noticed I'm a scientist at heart. :)

I would do it for sure if your going back to pre birth genitals why can't you have reproductive capabilities

The most important reason is not to introduce altered genomes into the world population.

Marcie Sexton
07-05-2007, 09:25 AM
I'm sure if medical knowledge continues at its present pace of advances you'll see something of sorts very close to that...After all Dr's in Japan now use our own cells to produce breast augumentations...

Why should we not be able to change gender...

To answer your question, I think its a bit late in life for me to consider anything of the sorts, but give me 25 or 30 years back...I'd jump a the chance...

Bonnie D
07-05-2007, 09:26 AM
Sign me up for sure. I always wanted to be female not just trying to look it.

Bonnie

Jolene
07-05-2007, 09:28 AM
This is an interesting idea. I would rather trade bodies with a women of my choice (as long as she were ok with it) and try that for a day. My luck would be that she would not want to trade me back.
Oh Well ............. I would manage I am sure :) Jolene

Staci G
07-05-2007, 09:29 AM
Nothing more to add just a whopping YES. Of course I would be a lesbian so thats ok

cin
07-05-2007, 09:33 AM
I'm sure if medical knowledge continues at its present pace of advances you'll see something of sorts very close to that...After all Dr's in Japan now use our own cells to produce breast augumentations...

Why should we not be able to change gender...

To answer your question, I think its a bit late in life for me to consider anything of the sorts, but give me 25 or 30 years back...I'd jump a the chance...

If science can provide the ability to revert a body to pre-puberty state than getting back 25 to 30 years is childsplay.

This is an interesting idea. I would rather trade bodies with a women of my choice (as long as she were ok with it) and try that for a day. My luck would be that she would not want to trade me back.
Oh Well ............. I would manage I am sure :) Jolene

Jolene that is practically impossible.

Bonnie D
07-05-2007, 09:41 AM
Becoming a woman and being 25 years old again! :cheer: I'm going to start saving my pennies right now.

Bonnie

cin
07-05-2007, 09:44 AM
Becoming a woman and being 25 years old again! :cheer: I'm going to start saving my pennies right now.

Bonnie

It might be 30 years before something like this is available.

Karren H
07-05-2007, 09:51 AM
Is there a setting that would make women's jeans diappear? Lol

Karren

aka.laura
07-05-2007, 10:14 AM
Hey girls, they have actually been working at this for a long long time! Didn't you know? I was one of the first persons they tried it on and look what happened to me: in stead of becomming a REAL girl I'm now some sort of a freak! I'm still a guy on the outside but I want to wear fem clothing! I even want to use makeup!! Can you imagine that! :devil:

Stephenie S
07-05-2007, 10:17 AM
Karren, you bad girl. Stop. I love my jeans.

And I have NO desire to switch back and forth. Change me tomorrow and I'm the first in line.

But I am changing. Slowly, it's true, but it's happening. With a little help from present day medical science (real science, not fantasy) I am gaining what you girls are just dreaming about. Hee, hee!

Lovies,
Stephenie

Michelle S
07-05-2007, 10:31 AM
You don't have to choose one gender forever. You can switch between the two although a limited number of times.

That would be my ideal, but with no limits. (And I'd like to be ten years younger, every ten years!) But, on a practical note, I have used this question on first or second dates to gauge how accepting a potential girlfriend is. If she thinks it would be cool to be able to switch genders back and forth at will, I become more optimistic. If she thinks it is a weird idea, I am less likely to ask her out again.

Michelle

JoAnnDallas
07-05-2007, 10:42 AM
I have a sci-fi novel where once a year everyone has their brainwaves stored incase of death, then a new body is grown and your brainwaves re-implated. In the novel, there is a chapter where one of the hero's get killed and goes thru recontruction as it is called. The problem is someone got his body order mixed up and he ended up as a female. Since it was against the law kill yourself, he had to live this life as a female. The only exception was after age 100 you could get a new younger body. Each reconstruction put you back to the age of 18. He would have to wait 83 years to switch back to a male. LOL

Joanne f
07-05-2007, 10:45 AM
Why not just get Spock to beam you up and tell him to leave a few bits out :D

mellisa
07-05-2007, 10:47 AM
All things concidering, why the hell would someone want to be a women??? I love the freedom and comfort of the clothes! Thats it.:drink: Mellisa

kateyliz
07-05-2007, 11:47 AM
I had a dream just like this several months ago. The trip to the hospital was caused by an accident and the virus infection was unintentional but I was still disappointed when I woke up to my real world. Hugs, Kathy

Slip Affinity
07-05-2007, 12:01 PM
Nah, not at this point in my life. I love the clothes and the way I feel when I'm wearing them. And, like I have said in answer to other topics ... I have the best of both worlds the way I am. Why change now.

Wendy me
07-05-2007, 12:07 PM
OK sounds good to become a GG .... but if you did what abought your family Friends and kids and grand child en ??? no think i will stick it out right were i am for now......

Hermione Simpson
07-05-2007, 12:12 PM
if i could change into a GG, would i, YES YES YES

serinalynn
07-05-2007, 12:22 PM
I think if I were 18 now and having experience what Male to Female crossdressing has grown into NOW (as opposed to when i was 18 in 1967). I would spend more time being a female. I just wonder if those of us who wanted to go back and revert to being female, would be able to endure monthly periods, pregnancy, and child birth? These being the hardest things a woman has to endure. I suppose if that means being female thats part of what being a female is all about. After all, there is more to being a woman than just the clothes. SO what would happen if the next time you got all madeup and dresssed up you just stayed a female and you could not go back? How many would still do it?

LeeAnn_cd
07-05-2007, 12:26 PM
YES!!!!!!! Make me a girl put me on the waiting list. Would love to go through my teenage years again.

Teresa Amina
07-05-2007, 01:51 PM
It might be 30 years before something like this is available.

I'll only be 81 :D Better have that age reversion part perfected but put me on the list

eleventhdr
07-05-2007, 02:22 PM
This is exactly what i am waiting for i think that what need's to be done is to somehow take female hormones directly from female's and inject them into male's enough to reverse the male hormones so that a male would trnasform into a female there must be a way to do this even today.

There wasa short lived scifi show some years back where they finally figuered out a real way to alter male's into females through some kind of gennetic machine you would go in for four day's and go into the machine and when the four day's were up you would change into a female but i think my process would work just as well there must be a real way to do this i would opt out to be latered back to prepuberty and yes then to grow up female that would be my ultimate goal and yeah you would have to be able to change completly enough to have female reproduction organ's inside as well what good would it be to just be female outside and not have the whole experience of being completly female inside and out i am just waiting for them to come up with this instead of the cureent surgury way of doing it if and when they do i will sign up right away i would wantot be able to change my sex and never go back that is the goal for me at least anyway maybe it will yet come to pass what a day that will be hmmm!

Suzy Ann!

Alex!
07-05-2007, 03:04 PM
Never. Absolutely not.

DianaGomez
07-05-2007, 06:25 PM
I know this sounds great and I've fantasized about it as all possible variations since I was a kid, but it is IMPOSSIBLE from a scientific standpoint. You cant re-engineer bone structure etc etc! Its is acutally more feasible (though still in the grounds of fanciful science fiction!) to have a body "grown" for you and have "yourself" moved into it. Hey, maybe a head transplant???
But as to the original question? You betcha! I do it at a flash! I want to be a GG!!!! Totally and 100%. Never will be but wish I was!

cin
07-05-2007, 07:42 PM
I know this sounds great and I've fantasized about it as all possible variations since I was a kid, but it is IMPOSSIBLE from a scientific standpoint. You cant re-engineer bone structure etc etc! Its is acutally more feasible (though still in the grounds of fanciful science fiction!) to have a body "grown" for you and have "yourself" moved into it. Hey, maybe a head transplant???
But as to the original question? You betcha! I do it at a flash! I want to be a GG!!!! Totally and 100%. Never will be but wish I was!

Contrary to popular belief bone is reabsorbed and remade constantly in everybody.

TracyH
07-05-2007, 07:58 PM
That sounds way slow and complicated. I think I'm just going to wait to get shot with a girl ray.

ChastityInFemme
07-05-2007, 07:58 PM
i, too, would want to go back to the puberty age...but i think i still would become a GG. i think about what it would be like to be a woman everyday. i'm curious about what monthly periods are like...but not about childbirth.

SandyR
07-05-2007, 08:15 PM
Totally cool with me being me.......Although the thought of Karen's, "make all girls jeans disappear" does seem like it could use some research. Maybe some sorta star trek "beam me up scotty" thingy......LOL

Hugs.

SsndyR

LilSissyStevie
07-05-2007, 08:47 PM
No. I'm not even sure I'm a male to female crossdresser. I'm more like a male to ******* CD. Lol.

Katie Moore
07-05-2007, 08:49 PM
Just now discovering the "other me" I would stay where I am and have the fun that I' m having now.

Wishful

Valeria
07-05-2007, 09:10 PM

Roxi Loh
07-05-2007, 11:03 PM
Not really...I enjoy the dual personna too much. As much as I would like to be a gg for a period of time...I would love to change back just for variety...

Miss Lulu
07-05-2007, 11:28 PM
Becoming a genetic girl: possible!

100 years ago; anybody talking about going and walking on the moon was considered crazy. But it did happen. Same time: Anybody mentioning that man would fly in the sky was considered crazy and impossible. It's happening. Less than 20 years ago: man was dreaming to be able to clone a living being.... it has happened many times!

Finding a way to change sex or any type of genetics? Huh! I beleive it!

Sheri 4242
07-06-2007, 12:59 AM
(1.) I'm having way too much fun in both genders to have to pick just one for ever!!

(2.) (G)ot to learn to cope with the cards that are dealt you and make the best of them!! (Numbers in red added by Sheri.)

Karren: These two succinct statements of yours are GREAT!!! The first is EXACTLY how I feel!!! The second is the BEST of being pragmatic!!!

I am thrilled to be who and what I am . . . I would not change a thing. I love having my cake and eating it too!

Rita, Just as with Karren's comments, you have said in a very few words -- clearly and unambigiously -- the very heart of how I, too, feel!!!

Tedi
07-06-2007, 01:04 AM
Yup!

Jess84
07-06-2007, 01:18 AM
i wouldnt change. Heres why

1) I'm not huge into crossdressing...yet.... Ive only been doing it the past roughly 1 and a half years, and started because my group needed a person to go as a female character from the video game group we were dressing as. Its starting to grow on me a ton though, and while i used to only dress as male characters, my next 3 are all female.

2) Perfecting the art and imitation seems to be more fun than actually being a girl. I guess this means im not transgendered, just a crossdresser?

Mollyanne
07-06-2007, 02:26 AM

Bonnie

Bonnie, I'm with ya', couldn't have said it better myself!!!!!

:love: Mollyanne

Suzie S.
07-06-2007, 03:58 AM
I think I've said this somewhere in another thread, but can't find it. My answer is that I've spent 42 years as a guy, and know nothing else. I've built my entire world (job, marriage, friiends, family...etc.) around that. I don't think me becoming a GG would go over too well, LOL! Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely curious what it may be like to be a GG, the idea is appealing, but it's just fantasy. If reincarnation is real, then yes, I want to be a woman in my next life. I like being a guy most of the time, and doing guy things. I'm fine with crossdressing, just wish I could pass better, and do it more frequently. :heehee:

Kether
07-06-2007, 05:09 AM
Wow you've thought this out well Cin. I would without a doubt, I also think this will be possible. Don't we have a new body every 7 years anyway cells dying and re-growing.

Tamera
07-06-2007, 05:46 AM
I've always said "If you got the MONEY we can make you a HONEY".

If I were younger to be a GG would be nice...
But now at my age I'll stay where I am at...

Takes a lot of $$$$$$ to change. And time as well....But those that choose that route say its well worth it....
LOL
Tamera

psion128
07-06-2007, 06:08 AM
For me personally. Since this entire thread is all sci-fi to the core. :P I'd like the idea of being able to flip flop at will. Sorta like Mystique in X-Men. That would be cool to change my bone and muscle structure at will instead of a long change like what was described in a earlier message. That way I could explore every aspect and everything in between. :)

Some of you out there have some crazy ideas. But I think if I could get a mutant power like shapeshifting, that would make my day. Be normal one day, then a GG a next day or another day as a TS that passes as a hot GG.

psion128

Raychel
07-06-2007, 06:15 AM
No thanks, I am pretty well set just the way I am.

erickka
07-06-2007, 06:41 AM
Not really. I just wish that I was younger, and could pull off the whole immitation process just a bit more correctly. In other words less body hair, nicer skin, etc. My 45 years as a guy is pretty darned hard to go and change now. Anyway, I enjoy the best of both worlds .