PDA

View Full Version : Why do I dress?

emmicd
07-05-2007, 10:45 PM
I knew I liked girls clothes from a young age and I was good at not revealing this desire to anyone.

I was always good in sports and seemed to fit in with the guys.

However dressing was my safe haven. I can't believe I was prone to this at the age of 5.

To me crossdressing is a core part of my personality that needs to be expressed even if secretly.

I also feel better when I dress. I have purged and bought, purged again and bought again only to purge again so I could buy again to wear what I missed wearing because I purged one to many times!

I also appreciate girls/women and am very happy being a guy. A guy who loves women and has a thing for wearing dresses.

So I pose the question, Why do you dress?

emmi

Roxi Loh
07-05-2007, 10:53 PM
I wish I knew the answer. I was always curious about womens undergarments but never knew why. In puberty I was fascinated with older girls that wore a lot of make up and smoked on the bus. I think I put these together to where I wanted to wear the panties and such...and I wanted to look like these ****ty girls. That is how it started now I want to look like a soccer mom...

Tophia
07-05-2007, 10:57 PM
Awesome question. It's really hard to explain. I just dress because I want to. I have a desire to do it, and I am me and I am going to be me. I have tried to explain it to my friends, although they totally don't understand they still support me 100% because they see my confidence and passion in what I do. It's very exciting, and like you, I just feel confortalble and happy when I'm "dressed to kill."

Like the old apple jacks commercials, why do you kids like apple jacks, because "we just do!"

I am just me and I am not afraid to express it.

Miss Lulu
07-05-2007, 11:04 PM
Because it's in your blood!
You have this desire and it brings you in your safe haven. You said it yourself: "It's the core part of your personality". Why fight it?

Staci G
07-06-2007, 05:45 AM
Because I love it love it love it... And I can't stop :D

Kate Simmons
07-06-2007, 06:06 AM
Basically, because I can.:happy:

psion128
07-06-2007, 06:25 AM
I do it because I like the way the material feels and I just think that men styles are too restrictive. So, I dress in the privacy of my home. No one knows the difference. And as for now, I like being in the closet about it.

erickka
07-06-2007, 06:32 AM
I do it because it is an expression of my total self. I am 25 years happily married, and have no plans on trying to explain myself any further than the fact that it is the real me.

Karren H
07-06-2007, 06:45 AM
Becase use I'm driven too.....

Don't know why and don't really care why since even if I knew why, it wouldn't change a thing... I'd still crossdress.... So I feel that it's not really worth the time and effort to persue something that, if known, won't effect anything in my life going forward.....

Karren

Teresa Amina
07-06-2007, 06:54 AM
It's a matter of coming close to Being, a semi-fulfillment of that Wannabee desire that's always haunted me.

Karren H
07-06-2007, 07:02 AM
It's a matter of coming close to Being, a semi-fulfillment of that Wannabee desire that's always haunted me.

And all this time I thought it was because you liked the sound of a big bustle?? hehe

:D

Love Karren

sarah378619
07-06-2007, 08:16 AM
I started dressing at 7 with nylons anf felt so girly. I liked that feeling and went all the way. I like connecting with that part of myself and I think we can all say the same thing.
sarah

susie evans
07-06-2007, 08:20 AM
i don't even care at this point in time i just enjoy it to much :heehee:

susie

Toyah
07-06-2007, 08:23 AM
I crossdress because I love the feel of womens clothes and the much softer and more clingy fabrics, plus I get a real buzz out of it:D

Eileen
07-06-2007, 08:29 AM
It is who I am and after years if being in the closet, it is time for me to be true to myself.

Eileen

Janailene
07-06-2007, 08:31 AM
It is just part of my personality. I have loved it since being a child. When I was 27 and 140 pounds, I lived as Janice for a while, but realized that living as a woman was really not for me.

Why dress? I do not know.

Stephenie S
07-06-2007, 08:33 AM
Because these are the clothes I want to wear. Like Karren, I too feel that it can be a waste of time to try and figure out why. That's a very masculine trait, this trying to figure out the why of everything, just relax, let go, and enjoy it.

Lovies,
Stephenie

Valerie
07-06-2007, 11:50 AM
When I think of why I like women's clothes and hair and lipstick I get all confused. But when I buy a dress or new shoes, what a thrill! And when I put them on, I am just happy.

Valerie

Chantelle CD
07-06-2007, 12:56 PM
To deepen my sense of self, to stop cutting myself off from feelings and emotions that i can feel, and love. Feeling dainty and beautiful just plain feels good to me, then again so does feeling manly and strong. To deepen my sense of self :)

Sweet Jane
07-06-2007, 01:36 PM
I really have never had any idea why I have these desires and feelings. I have always been this way, and I have often wondered why I would want to do something which appears ultimately so strange and peculiar to all except maybe other crossdressers. I just figured that I was issued a female brain by mistake...either that or a male body by mistake????......all I can honestly answer is that I don't understand why I do this, which is why I think others must be scratching their heads as to why I do this sort of thing too....somedays I am just a little mixed up over this....otherdays I am completely confused!!!

Josie femme
07-06-2007, 01:48 PM
I feel the same way about Make-up. Lipstick especially. Love the way Red lipstick looks and feels.:thumbsup:

Amy07
07-06-2007, 03:35 PM
What an awesome post.
I don't know either, but I love doing it. The undressing and dressing, the clothes, underwear, shoes, casual or formal.
Way out theory...I read most humans use around 25% of their total brain power.......maybe WE use 50% and enjoy both sides of the possible?!?
Or I could be wrong. Thanks for the question, Emmi!

windycissy
07-06-2007, 04:49 PM
I crossdress because I love the feel of womens clothes and the much softer and more clingy fabrics, plus I get a real buzz out of it:D

That about sums it up for me too....I guess if I really knew, maybe I could stop!

serinalynn
07-06-2007, 04:58 PM
I crossdress because I like the feel of womens clothing on my body.

Kether
07-08-2007, 09:28 PM
After years of trying to understand and trying to stop it loads of times. Buying clothes and throwing them away. I still can't drive or walk past a shop with dresses in the window without looking. How do I dare to walk in a shop and buy a new skirt ?
I have no choice, can't live with out it.
As a man I am frustrated and bored, but as a woman I glide
When I told my GF she more or less started treating me as a woman straight away and I new I had found the light in the darkness, without her I had really struggled. All I know is I have hidden parts to myself that I am lucky enough to see and use. I now realize that nothing is black and white (apart from loads and loads of lingerie) .everything is in colour.
Just alot of pink Te He.

marie354
07-08-2007, 09:42 PM
Do any of us really know the core reasons for dressing as women? I don't.

Maybe because our sisters got more attention...
Maybe because the clothes are made so much better.
Maybe because I like the breeze under a skirt.

There are so many maybes that it will always remain a mystery.

My reasons aren't the same as Karren's... Or Joy's, or Tina's...
We're all different, aren't we? So the reasons must be varied too.

Maybe it's all the above.
Maybe it's none of the above... Something else entirely.

All I know is that I've always liked looking like one...
That's it. What else is there?
:hugs:

chucks
07-08-2007, 11:23 PM
men's clothes are BORING! dull and lifeless. for me, that's a big part of it. clothes have a subtle influence on mental condition and behavior. it's better to wear bright clothes than gray things.

also for me it is zen practice because it forces me out of the comfort zone, so to speak.

but most of all it is fun harmless and amusing to me.

Andi
07-09-2007, 01:13 AM
I really have never had any idea why I have these desires and feelings. I have always been this way, and I have often wondered why I would want to do something which appears ultimately so strange and peculiar to all except maybe other crossdressers. I just figured that I was issued a female brain by mistake...either that or a male body by mistake????......all I can honestly answer is that I don't understand why I do this, which is why I think others must be scratching their heads as to why I do this sort of thing too....somedays I am just a little mixed up over this....otherdays I am completely confused!!!

I'm with you Sweet Jane. I don't have fripping clue, I just have to. On the plus side I really enjoy it for whatever reason I do it, so I'm not stopping.:D

Michelle_NY
07-09-2007, 11:36 AM
I dress because I really need to. Its my way of coping with stress and totally relaxes me when I do LOL ty Michelle

StephanieH
07-09-2007, 01:08 PM
Just wired up this way I suppose, like others have said, it just seems to be something I'm driven to do and have always had a strong desire to do. Don't know why else... :happy:

Mitch23
07-09-2007, 01:32 PM
Dunno - don't think anyone does. I was out today en femme and it was right - I felt happier than I've ever felt. You've seen my smile - I don't do that when I'm a guy!

Mitch

trannie T
07-09-2007, 06:13 PM
It is amazing that none of us know why we dress, just that we do. As close as I can figure I wear women's clothing because I'm a crossdresser, I am a crossdresser because I wear women's clothing.

LilSissyStevie
07-09-2007, 07:52 PM
I dress because I'm insane.

I'm just crazy about that stuff!

julie lavender
07-09-2007, 08:09 PM
What a good question, I do not know the answer, but it is so much fun and so relaxing, julie x x x

Michelle 51
07-09-2007, 08:13 PM
Thats easy.We dress because we like it.The tough question is why do we like it????????? justabit

Tophia
07-09-2007, 09:08 PM
I wear women's clothing because I'm a crossdresser, I am a crossdresser because I wear women's clothing.

This is absolutly the most amazing quote ever....if they ever write a book on famous cd quotes...theis def needs to be on the cover!!!

Glenda58
07-09-2007, 09:34 PM
I like the feel and look of womens cloths on me. I feel I can be more open when I dress. And after 55 years of dressing up I just can't stop and don't want to now.