PDA

View Full Version : Would you still wear a skirt if it was accepted?

sarah378619
07-06-2007, 09:22 AM
I know it won't happen.But what if one morning you woke up and men wearing womens clothes was accepted, not only accepted but in. Would you lose your desire or would you be happy. I would be so happy because it is a part of me. I would wear skirts 5 times a week.But, I also know that we are all different. Just curious,
Sarah

Toyah
07-06-2007, 09:29 AM
It really would not make any differance I do not dress to make a statement I dress because I enjoy it. I still would not want to go out dressed tho it would be too much trouble

SANDRA MICHELLE
07-06-2007, 09:31 AM
In a New York minute, I would go all the way all the time and have no reservations about it. Of course when I was doing things that would ruin my clothes I would dress down so as not to ruin my fem clothes, the men stuff can be useful for the rough chores after all.

KandisTX
07-06-2007, 09:42 AM
Hell yeah.. wearing a skirt is so much more comfortable than pants. I'd do it in a second.

Kandis:love:

Joanne f
07-06-2007, 10:20 AM
Yes i would still do it because i enjoy wearing the cloth`s and that would mean that i could enjoy wearing them more often.

joanne

gmss
07-06-2007, 10:42 AM
Absolutely.

I get the impression from most people that post here that most of us still remain at home most of the time while dressed. Obviously, not all, and clearly this forum is bringing about change in that regard as well.

However, given that, if most people are like me, your dream of all things CD being openly accepted everywhere, would be a huge burden off our collective shoulder.

I'd definitely be enjoying skirts outdoors everyday.

With respect only to skirts, we're already on the way to seeing that. In the last job I was at, one of the IT guys wore a kilt-like "utility skort" (actual men's fashion) on his last day of work. People joked a bit, but no one really cared, and no one I know thought any different of him after the fact.

Lest society make the effort to continue that tend, many of us could be that much more open.

Despite some/many people here being 100% open and/or not caring what people think, there is still an obvious stigma and negative reaction in most of our experiences , and therefore I think many of us still feel the need to "keep it to ourselves.".

I'm looking forward to the day I can wear a skirt out in public in guy mode and be totally accepted.

That will most definitely be "a good day".

:thumbsup:

Staci G
07-06-2007, 10:55 AM
Absolutly i would even more so.....

JenniferMBlack
07-06-2007, 11:22 AM
I would definitely still wear my skirts even more like every day that would just make it better in my opinion.

bobi jean
07-06-2007, 12:01 PM
jeans no more, may even get rid of the shorts. I would have to get some older denum skirts to work around in the yard tho.

Alice B
07-06-2007, 12:41 PM
Under those conditions you bet I would, but I don't see that happening in my lifetime.:sad:

Karren H
07-06-2007, 01:07 PM
Maybe but I'd probably have to be a secret agent of something exciting like that to replace the fun aspect!! hehe

Karren

Hermione Simpson
07-06-2007, 02:12 PM
yes, i'll still continue to wear a skirt, even if it became more acceptable for men to do so, but what about dresses as you didn't mention them

Mitch23
07-06-2007, 02:23 PM
I would love to walk out of my front door in a skirt or a dress or whatever and for that to be universally accepted as 'normal'

Mitch

Tamara Segunda
07-06-2007, 02:50 PM
I don't know why this occurred to me, but it did: If it were suddenly just a normal thing for men to wear skirts, I suspect that a greater percentage of men would wear them than women. Of course everyone would still wear pants when necessary for safety or comfort (wouldn't want to be a blacksmith in a mini), but for normal urban wear, skirts are for sure more comfortable. But more interesting, I think men would be less intimidated by the possibility that someone might get a look at something further up than the hemline. Because they're men, a lot of them wouldn't be all that modest. I don't mean they would let their actual *equipment* hang out, but I think fewer would obsess over the idea that someone might see their underwear.

Me? I'd do it in a heartbeat, but I'm too old for anything much above the knees. :heehee: Happy Friday to all.
.......Tamara Segunda

joann07
07-06-2007, 02:58 PM
If it was accepted now, I would definitely be out in a skirt or a dress.

KimberlyS
07-06-2007, 02:59 PM
Sarah, so when did you say this was going to happen. I am looking forward to it. But of course I am just a guy in femme clothes.

susie evans
07-06-2007, 03:07 PM
i would wear what ever i felt like when i got up :hugs:

susie

Emma England
07-06-2007, 03:09 PM
I have worn a denim skirt in one of my jobs.

Accepted? Well, no comments at all. In fact everyone behaved the same as when I wore jeans the previous day.

In England, June was a month of rain every day, so a bit wet and cool to wear a skirt.

Seems to be warming up at last now - more skirt-wearing opportunities :D

I have decided that this summer, I will be wearing skirts. Both as a girl and as a guy.

I am wearing a beige pencil skirt as I type this.

You know when it will be accepted? When enough men feel that their love of skirts outweighs possible bad reactions (which do not exist anyway).

Strange, even if the men's departments introduced skirts, I would still wear a ladies skirt.

Lovely Rita
07-06-2007, 03:20 PM
I know it won't happen.But what if one morning you woke up and men wearing womens clothes was accepted, not only accepted but in. Would you lose your desire or would you be happy. I would be so happy because it is a part of me. I would wear skirts 5 times a week.But, I also know that we are all different. Just curious,
Sarah

Men wore dresses and tights, Robin Hood era, and in Scotland kilts, look like skirts to me.

Knowing me.......I would probably want to wear what the girls were wearing at the time:D

JoAnnDallas
07-06-2007, 03:24 PM
My closet would be filled with skirts/blouses, dresses, heels, and everything that you need to wear under all of them.

BarbaraTalbot
07-06-2007, 03:27 PM
my one Scottish ancestral line (the McKays) would be a'smilin' in there restin' places.

Emma England
07-06-2007, 03:30 PM
What I find odd is that some people (whether Scottish or not), deny that a kilt is a form of skirt.

They say "I AM NOT wearing a skirt - I AM wearing a kilt"

To me, there is no difference.

It is like saying that jeans are not trousers.

az_azeel
07-06-2007, 03:33 PM
I probably would but if all clothes were unisex, would we still have c/der's?

:hugs:

MelindaC
07-06-2007, 03:42 PM
Darn tootin' I woould!! I'd be out in a dress or skirt most all the time. I am more partial to dresses, however...

elly8172
07-06-2007, 04:08 PM
I would every chance i get, cept when I am gonna do some yard work or something. Panties every day is already nice add the whole thing and I dont think I would change back.

To all the ladies here:love:

Elly
:heehee:

serinalynn
07-06-2007, 05:14 PM
I would everyday if I could. Id love to be able to wear a skirt everyday and a baby doll tank too.

linnea
07-06-2007, 05:55 PM
Absolutely!!! As several others have said, I wear fem clothes because I enjoy it, not to make a statement. Having it be accepted would just give me more latitude without the attitude.

Marcie Sexton
07-06-2007, 05:57 PM
On the causal business days at work, you'd see me in a dress...

wtb Jessica
07-06-2007, 06:06 PM
If it was accepted i would wear what ever fem clothes i felt like wearing from day to day. Just go on as if life didn't change.

Marla151
07-06-2007, 07:02 PM
I've been wearing sarongs and womens dresses out in public for some time now. More of a gender neutral style than CDing, and have found a lot of people who like it. Some of my friends have begun wearing Sarongs now and find them to be quite comfortable, especially in the summertime. I think its awesome. I still get the dirty looks and such, but more often than not I get looks of admiration for it and positive compliments. It's one of the reasons that helped me to fully CD out in public finally. Here's an example....(not the best but the only one I have a pic of before my PC and camera had a disagreement about working together)...
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e385/gypsycat151/MEnSwordius.jpg

Now if only I could get my PC to like my camera again I could download some pics of me fully dressed :(

Sinthia
07-06-2007, 07:46 PM
I wear skirts when it is not accepted for men to do so, so 2hy would I want to give up something that I enjoy doing! The real question would be 'how many days of the week would I be wearing skirts?' Is there more than seven days?

Denise01
07-06-2007, 07:53 PM
I feel more comfortable dressed as my femme self than in drab.

If it were to become socially acceptable for men to wear skirts, dresses and full femme clothing, i would immediately disgard all my male clothes and dress totally femme.

I feel very comfortable in a skirt or dress and would wear them all the time

Denise

Rachel Morley
07-06-2007, 08:14 PM
Yes I would. I'd love to be able to wear the sorts of things the women in our office wear when I'm at work but without having to wear a wig, forms, hip and bottom pads and tons of makeup. I could just be a (very) girly guy in women's clothes.

Having said all that, if it was really and truly accepted I think some (maybe?) of the thrill might go out of it, but not so much that I wouldn't want to do it because half of the reason I do this is "expressing on the outside what I feel on the inside", and that's never going to change.

Francine
07-06-2007, 08:25 PM
In a heart beat....

and I wouldn't have to buy a thing! :happy:

Missy
07-06-2007, 09:03 PM
Oh Ya I would be happy and would still want to wear skirts instead of pants even in summer time:happy:

eleventhdr
07-06-2007, 09:18 PM
Of course it will happen men will eventually be allowed to wear whatever they do choode the only thing holding us back is ourselve's we have to still get the word outthat we want to wear what is comfortable for us just as women have already there is nothing wrong with guy's in skirt's and or dresses it is far mor e conmfortable for mlaes's and is time that we claim this right just as women have i for one would wear whatever i choose jsut as soon as it become's finally and completly acceptable and the sooner the better I have already signed on for the right to wear skirt;s and dresses and am now awating the final go ahead any time now!

Suzy Ann!

sissystephanie
07-06-2007, 11:17 PM
I don't know why this occurred to me, but it did: If it were suddenly just a normal thing for men to wear skirts, I suspect that a greater percentage of men would wear them than women. Of course everyone would still wear pants when necessary for safety or comfort (wouldn't want to be a blacksmith in a mini), but for normal urban wear, skirts are for sure more comfortable. But more interesting, I think men would be less intimidated by the possibility that someone might get a look at something further up than the hemline. Because they're men, a lot of them wouldn't be all that modest. I don't mean they would let their actual *equipment* hang out, but I think fewer would obsess over the idea that someone might see their underwear.

Me? I'd do it in a heartbeat, but I'm too old for anything much above the knees. :heehee: Happy Friday to all.
.......Tamara Segunda

I would definitely wear skirts a lot more. I do wear them now out in public, and I am not trying to pass. Tamara, I am 75 years old and I wear skirts, or skorts, that are well above the knee. Get some "looks" and maybe a few giggles, but who cares. I am being myself, and myself is feminine! I mostly shop enfemme, the SA's don't care. Although I have received compliments on my outfit!:love:

Sissy
More Girl then man

cd_lisaplaything
07-06-2007, 11:21 PM
If & when it becomes accepted by the so-called "normal" or "straight" folk, hell yeah, I'll frock up all the time. Quite honestly I'd just love to be able to wear leggings without the fear of odd looks &/or comments.

Marianna Julianna
07-07-2007, 12:51 AM
If I could I would be in skirts probably about 50% of the time, that's taking into account being practical about what I need to be able to do in my life generally, well as long as I could be totally femme of course, I couldn't wear a skirt looking like a man because I'd not feel right. I did for a while the year before last, spending some time with my wife and trying to get her used to the idea of me in skirts etc before I went the whole way with it all and totally feminised but even then I had to tuck etc or I could not have brought myself to do it.

gwenrob43
07-07-2007, 01:00 AM
You Betcha! I've got some really pretty dresses and skirts.

christiecd
07-07-2007, 01:01 AM
Haha I definitely would wear skirts more if it was accepted, but seriously I think some of the thrill is knowing that it's not... but then again, I would LOVE to be able to go shopping for stuff without worrying a bout anything... I hate being shy when it c omes to my dressing...

christie

Eugenie
07-07-2007, 01:36 AM
I think part of our interest in X-dressing comes from our willingness to act and be like people of the other sex. For that we depend a lot upon using some stereotypes of feminity.

Skirts are but one example of such stereotypes.

So I believe that I may continue to wear skirts, but I would wear the ones that women wear as I'm sure they would be different from those made for men... Just like most pants for women are not made in the same shapes or materials than pants for men...

In an Amazonian tribe there is s tradition of x-dressing, well sort of since they go almost completely naked... Yet, at certain periods in their lives males are wearing specific items that are usually attributed to female members of the tribe.

This is to say that x-dressing is fundamentally cultural and depends upon symbols. Skirts are a symbol of feminity in our Western culture, at least we x-dressers make it an essential one while they are less and less used by GGs...

Like Karen was saying, is we take away the "fun" of wearing a skirt we may have tu resort to some other feminity symbols...
Eugenie

Jere Oneil
07-07-2007, 06:45 AM
I'd definitely be wearing skirts 90% of the time. I might also wear dresses if they were acceptable, but with my build, dresses look a little like maternity clothes on me. And ladies, I still think you could dress en femme even if everyone wore skirts. The average guy wearing a men's skirt would not be trying to look feminine. You girls look more like women than a lot of GGs do.

Lawren
07-07-2007, 07:21 AM
Of course. I'd wear them more often.

MsJanessa
07-07-2007, 10:52 AM
I still would but only with makeup, wigs, heels etc---in other words the whole shooting match

CrossdressinGoth
07-07-2007, 10:59 AM
I like to bring in a "fem" look with everything I wear. If skirts were fully excepted, Id probably only wear them and nothing else really

MeraLehanga
07-07-2007, 02:07 PM
joanne f

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes i would still do it because i enjoy wearing the cloth`s and that would mean that i could enjoy wearing them more often.

Joanne's quote!
She speaks for all the crossdressers/Tvs of this planet!

Jehiiis
07-07-2007, 02:52 PM
I definitely would wear skirts and dresses. I'd wear anything femme, then... :happy:

Joy Carter
07-07-2007, 03:05 PM
Girls it will become the norm, when we all let go of our fears, and dress like we want. :D

DianaGomez
07-07-2007, 03:28 PM
Obviously! I dont dress because its forbidden! I do it because I love the clothes, how I feel and how it makes me look! I wish it were accepted!

Emma England
07-07-2007, 03:48 PM
I read that so many of you say that you will wear a skirt when it becomes accepted.

You need to wear them now, otherwise the acceptance will never happen.

If it is warm where you are living, what is your excuse?
If anyone asks me why I am wearing a skirt - I will be honest and say that it is too hot for jeans, a skirt is much cooler.

Besides, it looks good on me! :D

Eugenie
07-07-2007, 05:58 PM
Obviously! I dont dress because its forbidden! I do it because I love the clothes, how I feel and how it makes me look! I wish it were accepted!

The reason most of us wear dresses and skirts isn't because it is forbidden, but because skirts and dresses are by and large used by women in our Estern world culture. And in other cultures where men wear dresses, there are masculine dresses and feminine dresses... So even there, X-dressing makes sense since it is a desire to wear clothes that are usually worn by the other sex individuals.

For me wearing a Scottish skirt like Scotsmen do some times, would not make me feel good at all. And this is not because it would be permitted, but because it wouldn't be feminine...

What I wish to be accepted by our society would be that men who feel like wearing women clothes be allowed to do so, not that a men fashion would be invented to make skirts acceptable for men...

Eugenie

ElleCD
07-07-2007, 06:36 PM
Just try and sop me.

sami1952
07-07-2007, 07:04 PM
I'll wear a skirt even if it wasn't accepted,it's all about me in women's clothing.

sarah378619
07-07-2007, 07:11 PM
I guess we could take this out further. What if you woke up and you could decide to dress completely as either gender. There were no rules/no stigmas just what was right to he/she.Good point about dresses too, but what about bra's,panties ,slips nd,pantyhose?
Sarah

Alice Torn
07-07-2007, 07:55 PM
I would never go out, partially dress, where everyone could tell I was a guy in a dress, or skirt. I would only go out, in wig, makeup, hose, heels, dress, or top, and skirt. Never as a man in a dress.

Ibuki_Warpetal
07-07-2007, 08:27 PM
My CDing is deeply rooted in my desire to be feminine.

If CDing was no longer taboo I would do it more often and as a result of practice my desire would become nature. It can only increase at this point.

Andi
07-08-2007, 12:54 AM
I guess we could take this out further. What if you woke up and you could decide to dress completely as either gender. There were no rules/no stigmas just what was right to he/she.Good point about dresses too, but what about bra's,panties ,slips nd,pantyhose?
Sarah

I'd perform the fastest makeover on record and go running out the door to the mall!! :D

Patricia Danielle
07-08-2007, 02:17 AM
You bet cha! Skirts are just more comfortable and lots cooler than jeans in the summer and not near as confining..Patricia..

Eugenie
07-08-2007, 02:19 AM
My CDing is deeply rooted in my desire to be feminine.

If CDing was no longer taboo I would do it more often and as a result of practice my desire would become nature. It can only increase at this point.

This is exactly how I feel. Like you my desire is to be feminine, not only to wear a skirt or a dress.

If women were completely stopping to wear skirts and dresses I wouldn't wear them anymore. But let's hope that it will never happen :heehee:

So using the exact question at the begining of this thread: "But what if one morning you woke up and men wearing womens clothes was accepted, not only accepted but in." As a fashion, these would most likely be designed for men and I would certainly not wear these "men skirts". I would still seek for "women skirts" (and tops too).
Eugenie

KirstyChibiMoon
07-08-2007, 02:37 AM
i just really hate pants!
even girls pants!

and i dont care if it is accepted or not...
ive done jury duty as a LG/CD goto all my appointments to include the VA hospital (Im retired US Army)

my wife (mommie) and i even spent 10 days @ disney world... amd i didn't bring a single stitch of boys clothes.

:love::love::love:

Slip Affinity
07-08-2007, 07:37 AM
You bet but only if all the other female trappings (bras, slips, panties, nylons) could go along with it. Somehow, I have the feeling that IF this change of thinking ever came about, it would be likened to opening the doors to the cages in a zoo. I'd sure like to see it happen but I doubt it will in my lifetime.

immike
07-08-2007, 12:48 PM
Sarah
I would be overjoyed,I love to wear mini skirts&pantyhose&heels

Glenda58
07-08-2007, 01:56 PM
Yes I would because the skirts for men would be drab not short cute or lacy. And definitely not en femme.

Tina P Hose
07-08-2007, 04:37 PM
I would love the fact that I could wear a skirt and pantyhose...but in the long run I would more than likely get arrested for flashing when i saw another pretty gurl dressed as I.

trannie T
07-08-2007, 11:24 PM
If the question means would you wear a "Men's Skirt" if they were acceptable?
I would.
If the question means would you wear a women's skirt it was acceptable?
I would.
If it means would you wear a unisex skirt if it was acceptable?
I would.

Do I wear skirts now? Yes when I'm in female mode and occasionally when in male mode.

Carin
07-09-2007, 03:38 AM
I think part of our interest in X-dressing comes from our willingness to act and be like people of the other sex. For that we depend a lot upon using some stereotypes of feminity.

Skirts are but one example of such stereotypes.

Eugenie, you have enlightened me with that comment. Thank you. You have put words on thoughts I have been trying to put words to.

Our culture lacks a transgendered stereotype. Partly because the phenomenon is more "in the closet" than "out", and partly because transgender covers such a broad spectrum.

If I could dress in my lavender blouse, skirt and heels and be accepted as just another transgendered person without having to fend of the camp, gay, degenerate, wierd, perverted or any other stereotypes that do not apply to me, but come to many peoples minds before TG comes to mind, then I most definately would.

Angela Burke
07-09-2007, 04:37 AM
Of course I'd wear a skirt!
I wouldn't want to change the
habits of a lifetime.
And of course being Scottish
if I absolutely have to dress as
a man I can wear a kilt.
I live in a very civilised country.

Love

Angela

Rachael
07-09-2007, 05:15 AM
Just as so many others who have replied I would like a shot. Skirts ARE much more comfortable, warm in winter and cool in summer.
I also think that many who don't consider themselves CD would do so as well If I am to judge by the number of guys who grab the chance to don a lunghi when on holiday in the far East and India:drink::drink::drink::drink::drink: whoops got carried away by the :drink:

bobbie anne
07-09-2007, 06:07 AM
It is sort of fitting to have found this, but just yesterday I was thinking about posting on this subject. So if we are ever going to be accepted just as women were when they started to wear pants what are we going to do about it. I am not talking about going around trying to look like a woman, just being able to wear a skirt in public is all I ask. I am 60 and if it is going to happen in my life time we need to act now. How about a wear a skirt day, all of us pick a day or a week and wear your skirt while doing your everyday thing. Working - going to the mall etc. It is time for the people of noth america to see us out there. Thoughts on this please. With this hot weather I want to wear my skirt. Bobbie Anne

maryjanecapri
07-09-2007, 02:24 PM
i do wear skirts a lot. outside, inside...i guess i reached the point where i simply don't care what others think. my wife and step kids totally accept me. my family accepts me. that's all that really matters in the big picture.

i know...i'm very lucky. i don't let a day go by without reminding myself of that fact.

Julia Welch
07-09-2007, 02:36 PM
I would......but I would still dress "en femme" as well.

It's so much more than skirts for me....

RobertaFermina
07-09-2007, 02:37 PM
Yep! That makes it even better. I can be seen and enjoyed by more people, which lets them open up for me to see and enjoy. Everybody wins!

:rose: Roberta :rose:

mara-t
07-09-2007, 04:22 PM
I only would wear a skirt as a girl. I don't even like kilts as a guy.:p

Deanna2
07-10-2007, 01:53 AM
Wouldn't even need to think about it. A big definite YOU BET I WOULD!!!!

Emma England
07-10-2007, 04:38 AM
With this hot weather I want to wear my skirt. Bobbie Anne

In the UK, I would not say it was hot.

If hot where you are and you want to wear a skirt, then why not?

Or if anyone else asks why, say to them why should I be uncomfortable in pants? They usually have no answer to this!

LeeAnn_cd
07-10-2007, 04:45 AM
I would no worries about what people would say and like I don't care what they say now anyway but for other people who do it would be a good thing. Atleast if I wanted to wear a skirt and don't want to go all the way dressed as a woman would make it easier. But I would not wear a kilt.

bobbie anne
07-10-2007, 05:50 AM
I work 12 hour shifts and yesterday I wore my denim skirt under my coveralls all day. It was so much cooler on the legs and nothing was trying to cut me in half when I sat down. Yeah I would wear a skirt any time instead of pants. Bobbie Anne

lauraabdl
07-10-2007, 08:18 AM
:2c::2c:In a heart beat. I love the looks and feel. I adore how the swish, I just love skirts.
Laura

Sarah cd
07-10-2007, 12:01 PM
O yes i would still wear a skirt as long as it was ok to wear my stockings and heels as well

Kellicd
07-10-2007, 02:19 PM
Hell yeah.. wearing a skirt is so much more comfortable than pants. I'd do it in a second.

Kandis:love:

Ditto!!

Michelle8
07-10-2007, 02:23 PM
Definitly,In fact I am wearing one right now.A white jean skirt
and it feels wonderful.

Dixie
07-10-2007, 02:47 PM
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:drink:

Kelly Greene
07-10-2007, 03:02 PM
If Skirts were accepted for men I would be in skirts and heels all the time I would only wear pants while at work or doing some kind of work where a skirt would not be wise like cutting down weeds or something like that.

karynspanties
07-10-2007, 03:28 PM
Yes, I would probably work 2-3 days a week as Karyn, the rest as Randy. I would not want to get bored with it.