PDA

View Full Version : Knickers/Panties

Emma_Forbes
03-10-2005, 02:39 PM
Hi All,

Wonder if you can help. Having browsed through various posts I have noticed that there is often mention of a 'comfortable' pair of panties. The problem I seem to have is finding that 'comfortable' pair! I find thongs sexy but not particularly comfy. Anything like hipsters just want to work their way down. I would love to wear panties all day every day but just can't find something that comfortable. What is the secret? ....and where can I buy them?

Here's hoping.

Emma

Sharon
03-10-2005, 02:50 PM
Well Emma [and welcome to the community by the way], depending on your physique, there really isn't a way to answer your question. I find bikini cut panties to be comfortable, as well as most other styles of panties.
Just get a pair of each style you can find and give them a try.

Priscilla1018
03-10-2005, 02:51 PM
Hi Em,

I like high cut panties.I find that they fit better than hipsters,especially with my large legs.Some thongs are more comfortable than others but they do take some getting used to.I am not familiar with the stores there but any store that sells womens clothing will have a good assortment.

Love and Hugs,
Priscilla

wendy
03-10-2005, 04:09 PM
Even though thongs are sexy, I find they ride up the butt crack easily, and that isn't comfortable.

For myself, high cuts or granny panties. So far, I've tried an Elita pair of granny panties and they feel the best, soft nylon but yet very comfortable.

SKINNYGIRL
03-10-2005, 04:14 PM
Boy cut fits the best for me. If I wear something lacy, my boys try to get out, if ya know what I mean!

Wendy me
03-10-2005, 06:29 PM
i never met a pair of pantys that i did not like.............the rihgt size is everything
to me thght is right everything in its place and "it" stays there............a good thing
there is never a good time to come un tucked..........

Sandra H
03-10-2005, 06:55 PM
Hi Emma.

First of all a very warm welcome to the forum, you will find a great bunch of girls here who will offer help when needed.

Now as for knickers, as some have said it is difficult to give a good answer without knowing your size. I wear knickers everyday all day and I like bikini style. The best fit I think are from M&S. You can buy online at this link M&S LINK (http://www.marksandspencer.com/)

I have attached two photos the pink flowery ones are the bikini and the white with lacy front are high legs. Just one thing to remember when buying knickers if you want them to be comfortable is buy them with a wide enough gusset (the part between the legs) and don’t buy any without elastic which goes all the way around the legs. Some lacy ones have elastic only halfway from the middle to the back. This can cause your dingle to dangle if you get my drift.

I hope this is of help if you need any more info just feel free to PM me that’s private message, not pre menstrual so you should find me in a good mood and I will not bite your head off LOL. Anyway at my age I am all past that time of the month, just as long as my HRT patch does not need changing.

Lindahexi
03-10-2005, 07:13 PM
Hi Emma, welcome to the forum, Sanda's choice of panties look realy nice,I especially like the look of the pink ones. If you want to try some cheap ones just to check size and comfort, go to Asda, they sell 5 pairs in a pack for only £2:50! They are soft cotton with elasticated, lacy legs etc, and they come in assorted colours, I find them so comfortable, I wear them most of the time other than special dressing sessions. At such a low price they are almost throw-away items.

Sweet Jeanette
03-10-2005, 08:36 PM
Hi Emma, Welcome. I like Sandras second choice, the silk ones. They show subtle hints. They look HOT too!---Like my name!

crispy
03-10-2005, 10:59 PM
I wore Vanity Fair type nylon panties for years, but have now settled for short leg womens' boxers in seamless microfibre lycra. They are soooooo comfy .... MMM! :)
I don't like anything that cuts into the groin, I like the huggy feeling around my tummy and thighs.
I don't tuck, I dress upwards, so a tight crotch is not important.
short or long leg support pantie-girdles are similar but don't have that nice seamless appearance and feel.

Holly
03-11-2005, 01:27 AM
Emma,

First of all, welcome! I hope you love it here as much as I do. Any article of clothing is a highly personal choice. It will depend partly on you body structure and partly on what it is you are trying to achieve... comfort, style, fantasy, or some combination. The best idea is to buy an assortment in a variety of styles and sizes. Panties (knickers) are one of the most reasonably priced articles of woman's clothing. Try them all and then decide what works best for you!

ToniB
03-11-2005, 06:01 PM
Sandra,
What's those pantie pics you've posted? I thought you were a satin fetishist, and always wore them! Have you grown soft in your old age?

ToniB

Sandra H
03-11-2005, 06:45 PM
Sandra,
What's those pantie pics you've posted? I thought you were a satin fetishist, and always wore them! Have you grown soft in your old age?

ToniB

Hi Toni

I love all types of knickers, if they are knickers I have worn them I wear knickers everyday so I have lots of different types. But if I was asked to choice the ones I like the best it would be bikini style i.e. those with narrow sides like those in the two photos. As for the white ones they are see-through and are silky type made from 90% polyamide and 10% elastane lycra. The pink ones are 91% polyamide and 9% elastane lycra.

Rachel Ann
03-12-2005, 04:45 AM
Not very sexy, but "Hanes Her Way" high-cut cotton panties are great for comfort. I think that Jockey has something similar.

sarah
03-12-2005, 05:17 AM
i find panties that sit fairly high (nearly on the waist ) and they must have elastic ariund the leg. as i dont own anything but panties i do tend to wear fairly uncomfortable ones at times just to remind me how unlucky people are that dont wear pretty panties . try buying lace stretch panties they are always comfortable.love sarah , ps. give me your size and i will send you something nice to give you some ideas .love sarah.xxxx

AnnaMaria
03-12-2005, 07:19 AM
For me the choice of panties depends on my mood at the time that I am getting dressed or what I plan to wear. Though usually when I am dressing in drab I usually stick with a full cut brief or a boy short but on the whole I usually go with panties that come up to my waist which on a woman is usually at or near the belly button. The other think that I find helps are panties that have a wide waist band they tend to roll less and since I have a belly that I am trying to get ride of they tend to roll more. As for material you just have to decide what you like best. I have a wide range of material that I wear depending on what I am wearing

huggs
anna

Carrah
03-12-2005, 08:03 AM
Well, first off, I don't know what knickers are. As for the panties, I find the best ones as far as fit for me is a simple 3-pack of women's Fruit-of-the-Looms from the Dollar store in a "brief" style. These hug my legs, fit my waist well, stay in place well, and allow me to tuck and stay tucked. They're thin and comfortable for all day wear...

LeslieGirl
03-12-2005, 07:50 PM
Hi

I always wear Hanes bikini style size 4. They seem to be the best.

TGIRL
:D

melissa12
03-12-2005, 08:40 PM
hanes her way sporty bikini panties are very comfortable along with the jockey for her, i wear a size 5

KathyVS100Menthols
03-12-2005, 08:49 PM
Hi Emma---Panties are a very personal choice, as everyone has a different bodies, style and color preferences. I prefer string and tanga bikinis, either silk/nylon or lace, or any combination. Experiment with a few different sizes to help you find the ideal fit. I do like maidenform tanga panties, if I have to make a brand recommendation.

crispy
03-12-2005, 11:18 PM
Well, first off, I don't know what knickers are. .
You haven't lived, my dear ............. :) :p

Janet S-
03-23-2005, 03:45 PM
I personally like Hanes Her Way cotton bikini panties, size 4, for general usage. They are comfortable. Unfortunately for me, 'it' shifts position, and I have yet to find anything that actually holds 'it' securely and tightly except for taping. Since that leaves tape residue everywhere, I don't do that. I have found though that Hanes Her Way Shapers Seamless Boy-Cut Briefs do seem to hold things reasonably well when I wear skirts and tight pants. I rarely have to 're-adjust'. I have tried a variety of panty styles and sizes, but 'it' has a mind and will of its own, moving all about (damned thing- srs will fix that!).

I was wondering, just how many of you CD/TG/pre-op TS individuals have that problem of 'it' moving around and needing to be readjusted periodically? Or is it just me? And yes, I do know how to tuck. 'It' just doesn't want to stay in that position as I move around. I have talked to others and they don't seem to have this problem.

Janet S-