PDA

View Full Version : Breast Form Blues

ravens_roost2004
07-06-2007, 06:49 PM
I am not sure how it happened, but I tore a hole in one of my breast forms. The outside layer has a hole, and the silicone is sticky, tacky and is starting to come out. I put clear tape over the hole to keep it together. Has this happened to anyone else, and is there a better fix. :(

Marla151
07-06-2007, 07:11 PM
I'm not sure as I've never had it happen but would clear silicone caulk work? It stays pretty flexible when it dries and shouldn't be to much of an issue so long as it is a small tear. It is easy to smooth it out when you apply it as well. You can even paint over it with acrylic if it's to visible to help it blend in. Just an idea, sorry to hear about that...good luck.

Toyah
07-06-2007, 07:19 PM
It depends where it is but a patch of hose and carpet spray glue has worked for me

Tedi
07-06-2007, 07:27 PM
I've torn holes in my forms.. and the clear tape (the good quality clear box tape) seems to work pretty good. as long as it stays on and keeps the goo from coming out.. your probably doing as good as you can. If you get a tear on a seam.. you're probably SOL.. that's a hard place to try to seal up with anything.

KandisTX
07-06-2007, 08:43 PM
There is a hole in one of my forms that has been covered with clear tape for a number of years now (at least 6 I think), I don't get to dress often so they don't get used as much as I would like.

Kandis:love:

Jadeanne
07-06-2007, 09:24 PM
I fixed a tear in one of my silicone forms with Nexcare waterproof tape and it's still holding over 6 months later.

Jadeanne

cindi51
07-07-2007, 01:25 AM
I've torn a few holes in my forms and I use a 3-M clear decorate & repair tape. Its not as stiff as package tape. I round the corners of the patch first. So far it has worked very well for me.

MsEva
08-05-2007, 12:05 PM
Yup, used medical tape from 3M. Clear plastic. Doing an ok job but will be looking for a new pair.