PDA

View Full Version : A new nail salon

Athena
07-07-2007, 12:12 AM
Besides all the SO issues (prev. threads) , I have a cool story….
Last Friday I had my pedicure… as usual I left the salon with OPI Kangarooby nail polish. Coming home I had a good look at them and thought they looked smudgy.. Polish on the cuticles etc.. looked like I did them myself…

Today I was back at work… There is this one women to whom I shared my nail polish ‘thing’ with, and she knew I was at my regular nail salon last Friday so she asked me if she could see them… Being a nail-technician before, she was appalled by the quality of the paint job. Getting back at my desk, she send me an IM asking me if I would like to accompany her to the nail-salon the visits all the time… ‘You need a re-polish… They do a much better job’ she told me…

It was only 11:30 but quite slow day, so I agreed. I bit later we met up at the salon. When I walked in, she was already getting her pedicure and she told me to sit in the chair next to her. Wow, this salon looked so much better than I was used to. The chairs had built-in massage-stuff… the attached foot baths looked like mini hot-tubs… and the prices where half what I used to pay… Normally I pay 40 US$ for a pedicure… here it was 20… interesting..
I felt a bit awkward. This was the first time for me in a different salon. She told the lady I needed a polish change. I could tell they didn’t get a request like this every day,.. but after a few minutes the ice was broken and it was business like usual…
I walked out with OPI’s Dutch Tulips which she already picked it out for me… A reddish shade of pink… LOL.. Since I am Dutch (living in the US) it was quite appropriate. :happy:
It felt great... doing the girl thing... :jumping:
When I came home I told the whole story to my wife... I even brought her a business card back, so hopefull she wil go there too...
Guess where I am going next time….
Thought I would share this with ya..

Phyliss
07-07-2007, 03:34 AM
Getting your toes done in a PROPER fashion is a good thing. Remember you are the one paying for the service. There's no reason to accept shoddy workmanship. Better facility, lower price, quality carftsmanship. What's not to like? Don't worry about the thought of this being a "different" request. Soon enough you'll become a regular customer and be treated like all the rest.

DanaJ
07-07-2007, 07:09 AM
Smudges are a no-no, especially if the nail tech was responsible for them. Are you sure you didn't accidentally smufge them yourself? I have done this many times, no matter how careful I am.

Polish on the cuticles are no big deal, it will come off with the first shower ;) Anyway, glad you found a place you like with a good nail tech.

On another note, I always wonder how a nail tech can make it on a $20 pedicure. I mean, after the cost of supplies (approx. $3-$5 per client) and either booth rental or working for a percentage, an hour pedicure will result in about a $5 per hour pay rate.