PDA

View Full Version : Admires in Cross Dresser Chat?

Donaglow
03-10-2005, 05:01 PM
Maybe you can give me advice since I am new. Every time I go in Cross Dresser Chat to try and chat with someone with similar interests, I get hit with all these admirers. A few even looked me up my membership and e-mailed me wanting to get together so they could hug and kiss me. :confused: Yuck! :(

I enjoy talking (and maybe someday more) to crossdressers or at least men who share the interest of lingerie and nightwear, but if I wanted hugs and kiss from men I would be in a Gay forum/chat site!
Dona

MissBosie
03-10-2005, 05:28 PM
Donaglow, the chat room is fun, don't give up going in there because of a few perves. Anyone who annoys you, just mute them. Their name comes up on the main chat and everyone can see that you are ignoring them, so it warns others too. There are lots of genuine and nice people in CD chat, so give it another go, it's worth it. :)

malecynthia
03-10-2005, 05:44 PM
I echo Miss Bosie's words. I was confused at first (nothing new about that!), but soon discovered that the chat is shared with another group, so is not restricted to members of crossdressers.com. If you look below the chat box, there is a list of rules. If you get pestered, just mention Rule 5 which says no whispering without asking first. Naming and shaming seems to work for me. The immediacy of a chat room has uses that this forum hasn't got, and vice versa. I've met some nice people in both places. For the record, I'm a married, hetero man who likes wearing some feminine clothes, so I'm not interested in cyber sex.
Tristan's point about not believing everything you see on the internet is a very important one. Just because you are telling the truth doesn't mean everyone else is doing the same. I always use a Hotmail or Yahoo e-mail address and never give personal details such as phone numbers to anyone I do not trust.
Cynthia.

feline
03-10-2005, 06:03 PM
I totally agree with whats been said above...... (I wouldn''t disagree with Miss Bosie as she scares the hell out of me...) :eek:

But really, the only way to suss out who is worth cahtting with and who to avoid is to pay regular visits... and of course, remember it's supposed to be fun :)

Take care....

- feline -

MissBosie
03-10-2005, 06:05 PM
I totally agree with whats been said above...... (I wouldn''t disagree with Miss Bosie as she scares the hell out of me...) :eek:

- feline -

Feline! *slap* :p

Wendy me
03-10-2005, 06:20 PM
i like yahooing ............yahooing yar ok just looks funny when you type it well any way you chatt with who you want and thats a good thing ................chatt rooms i don't know just not my thingy but all kids of things out there finding one that you like ..........well thats a good thing.........

LindaTS
03-11-2005, 08:45 AM
Dona, I know what you mean about a lot of guys hitting on you. I always tell them one time that I'm not interested in them. Then if they persist, there is a girl there, Betty, who is a moderator. She's there most of the time, at least during the day when I've been there. Let her know and she will take care of the problem. Hopefully all those guys will get the hint when they get banned. Give it another try hon. It can be a fun place to be.

Melissa A.
03-11-2005, 08:59 AM
I used to spend more time in the chat room than I did here, but now that is reversed. I have met some wonderful people in there, a couple of whom were a great help when I was coming out and going through alot of changes in my life around a year ago. It is moderated, and when there is no moderator present, it is self-policed to some extent. It depends on who is there.

When someone PM's me without asking, or persists in hitting on me, I actually enjoy scolding them in front of everyone! That usually stops them. Or you can push the ignore button.

I have found the immediacy of the chat room can be a blessing, and a curse. For joking around, or irreverent chat, it's great. It doesn't really lend itself to discussing an issue in depth, though. Here in the forum, You can discuss issues seriously, and still be silly and have fun. I have found that I enjoy it here more. Doesn't hurt that the quality of people here is consistently great.

Hugs,

Melissa :)

Casandra
03-11-2005, 02:52 PM
I don't like the chatroom, I keep being told to go away! It's filled with snobby ho's and deceptive teases.