PDA

View Full Version : does your dressing style influence your wifes?

aka.laura
07-07-2007, 02:31 AM
My wife used to dress casual, even more or less boyish: mainly jeans, comfy blouses, T-shirts, no-nonsense shoes etc. The only time I saw her really big-time feminine was when we got married ;o) She didn't use much makeup, nothing at home, when we went out it was a bit mascara, some lipstick. My style 's much more feminine, I allways wear skirts, very fem blouses, heels or boots, jewelry, allways makeup, the works.
The last few years, specially since the kids left home and I can dress anytime I like, she has definitely changed her style. She 's bought skirts and dresses, sexy undies, uses more make-up (mine!). When we went shopping yesterday she wanted to buy new shoes (comfy) and she let me talk her into buying some very elegant (not to high) heels. Afterwards she admitted that she would have never bought them when she woud have gone shopping allone, but she was very happy I convinced her. Same thing with makeup: I like bright colors for lipstick and shiny or dark colors on my eyes. And what happens: my wife has started experimenting with MY makeup. I love it ;o)) So I think my style has influenced hers.

How's that with you? Has your dressing-style influenced your parntners?

Mitch23
07-07-2007, 02:49 AM
not directly because she's still not with me but she has started buying herself more sexy bra and panties rather than the comfortable 'passion killers' she usually wears. I've managed to get myself matching ones cos I like them so much! We also went girlie shopping last week and I encouraged her to try different styles than she would normally wear. I think she feels she is competing with Mitch although she has never met her!

Mitch

Suzie S.
07-07-2007, 04:24 AM
I don't think so. It's the other way around for me. She influences me a bit though. She dress quite business like all week at work, and sexy when we go go out for an evening. This is a style I like alot, and get many ideas from her. I do have to say she still looks sexy even in her gardening and yard work clothes! :heehee:

sami1952
07-07-2007, 07:14 PM
I've been married to my so for 30 years and she has never worn makeup until I exposed myself to her and I guess watching me wear makeup has gotten to her,now she's wears some too

Rainbow GG
07-07-2007, 07:49 PM
I know that my SO has influenced my styles a little, more of in terms of dressing up though. I love his taste in dresses and sexy lingerie, so when we go shopping together, I always ask for his opinion on clothes - of all kinds. I do know to that I have influenced him too, he likes my style a lot and asks for my opinion as well.

:heehee:

Stephenie S
07-07-2007, 10:26 PM
No, my wife has established her own style. Do we share some style traits? Yes. But I have my ideas and she has hers. She has the advantage of having had the time to build a wardrbe over the past many years. My wardrobe is still quite limited by comparison.

Stephenie

Billijo49504
07-08-2007, 12:05 AM
My wife has to wear dress clothes, because of her job at Avenue. So she wears nice clothes most of the time, but not skirts...BJ

Sheri 4242
07-08-2007, 12:21 AM
No, my wife has established her own style.

I'm more like Stephenie on this one. My wife has her own style (and sense of style). She is trying to influence me to dress more age-appropriate -- and she's having some influence in this dept -- but not totally b/c I do so love my miniskirts! In some areas, we often consider ourselves an "oxymoronic couple." Here it is time for bed, and she's in one of my t-shirts, and I'm in a really cute nightie! I have way more in the way of nighties than she does -- and I probably have way more panties and bras than she does. Irony at its best -- lol! My wife can be very elegant -- very girly girl. But, my style of girly girl is different than her's.

Sheri
(f/k/a Barbara4242)

Sheila
07-09-2007, 04:59 PM
nope ......... he has certainly not influenced mine, but that may be because I am comfortable with who I am ( I never feel as if I am in competition with the fem in him).......... I dress like the majority of females I know, casual tops, trousers ,low shoes /trainers, little or no make up, and this on a daily basis .... however like others around me I do make an efort for a social evening with frioends, and even more of an effort for something special ........ but always as me and always in my choice of clothes

Toyah
07-09-2007, 05:30 PM
Nope from me too I sometimes buy her things like mine because she askes me too then they get neatly wrapped never to see the light of day again so I dont bother now