PDA

View Full Version : Cindy, A Heroine. (essay on my blog)

Deidra Cowen
07-07-2007, 08:49 AM
I probably did not do that a great of a job attempting a bit of a essay about Cindy a girl that has transitioned that I am friends with. But I thought a few might get something from her story.

Here is a link to my blog about Cindy a CD that went on to transition:

http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-Q1KlOfQ1fq.N__d7kjwNEb27tw--?cq=1

Here is just the text from that essay I wrote:

A little less than two years ago I was up at the Stage Door hanging out with my old GG girlfriend and a pack of Tgirls. Michelle and Jim brought in with them a new girl by the name of Cindy. She was pretty and sweet...yet in that awkward stage most of us Tgirls are in when we first go out. She had a hint of beard shadow under her makeup and a cheap dark wig, yet even with the imperfections she was pretty. It was funny too how shy she was.

Well almost two years have gone by and the ackward little cross dresser is now a woman! Cindy lives and works as a female, has a nice life going on and did all this at a breakneck pace. In a short period of time she jumped all the way from her first time dressed to being a full time lady.

Cindy works as a auto technician at a large automobile dealership. Yes, she went from a 200 plus pound guy with a beard to a little 140 pound girl with that company. She is very open about where she works and all that...but I will not give the name of that dealership here on the net as common sense says, some weirdo might try to contact her or go bother her. Cindy tells me she is the only girl that works there in the shop, and that customers check her out all the time since frankly its surprising to see a girl working out there, the Dealership actually has her work station/ shop bay right up at the front where everyone driving in for service sees her!

Frankly I was impressed with how open and tolerant that company she works for is...but more importantly I admire how courageous she was to do what she did. Cindy decided she really was a women. Went on a crash program to achieve the life she wanted...and lord she pulled it off! I hope I get this right but one of her very first times dressed in front of her co-workers was a training session with a bunch of people from the company. Can you imagine how brave she had to be to go to that meeting!

Maybe just as impressive as the speed and the courage she showed during all this is the fact that I never saw her create any drama or want anyone to feel sorry for her. The girl just went out and did it! Of course she is very smart, determined and disciplined...that all helped her. I know there are lots of girls that have transitioned, but since I am friends with Cindy her case really impacted me. I do think she has done as well as anyone, and probably has been more successful than most! She really is a heroine.

claireswife-gg
07-07-2007, 09:00 AM
Thanks for posting this. It's always nice to see success stories and happy endings, especially in our new town! :)

Joy Carter
07-07-2007, 09:10 AM
A good example of courage, to trans and stay with your established life. Thanks for the well writen thread Diedra.

jennCD
07-07-2007, 09:35 AM
Deidra,.... yes, I read the blog while on your 360 page a few moments ago. She's quite a strong and determined lady.
Very glad to see positive stories like this.
It's something to look back on when you start to slip and think to yourself "No, why do I keep trying so hard and still not feeling like I'm getting anyplace?"

Thanx hon

Deidra Cowen
07-07-2007, 11:38 AM
Thanks for the comments and I am gald you girls thought the article was ok and more importantly got something from reading about Cindy.

I mainly just post silly fun stuff here...so its nice to get comments when I try to get serious and do something with a bit more meaning than just posting party pics, talk about makeup or making funny comments on threads.

SherriePall
07-07-2007, 12:11 PM
Deidra -- That's an amazing story. Good for her. She certainly is a role model for those who are thinking of transitioning. And, obviously, the company she works for should receive some appreciation for allowing her to do so at work. Thanks for sharing that story.