PDA

View Full Version : I just realized something interesting.

SweetCaroline
07-07-2007, 03:43 PM
I know some of us are still private, or "in the closet". But I just realized something. Whether they realize it or not, everyone I know knows at least one man who cross-dresses.

Think about it. ;)

Emma England
07-07-2007, 03:53 PM
They may know the man, but do they know that that man crossdresses?

Long Tall Sally
07-07-2007, 05:43 PM
both statements are ablolutely true... Imagine if you are in a mall, I imagine at least 5 percent or more of the men regularly wear a pair of panties!

SweetCaroline
07-07-2007, 06:43 PM
both statements are absolutely true... Imagine if you are in a mall, I imagine at least 5 percent or more of the men regularly wear a pair of panties!

That's the point. I think there are more of us than most people realize, or know about. And many of us are straight. We're just not as vocal, for what ever reason, so we don't get recognized.

Rainbow GG
07-07-2007, 07:30 PM
I've been thinking about that a lot lately. I mean i know my SO cd's, but of all the poeple I know, he is the only one I know that does. And I do often wonder: how many people that I meet and see and work with everyday also cd. I think a lot more people do than I will ever know, but I will probably never know that those people do.

Andi
07-08-2007, 12:50 AM
Sorry Sweetie, but I'm the only man I know that cross-dresses. On the other hand I kind of know all of you here in the forum. Does that count????? :D

Delila
07-08-2007, 12:56 AM
I am friends outside of here with at least one other man that crossdresses I have known many many more just as casual aquaintances. The last article I read said that the number is around 10% of men crossdress which means many of us know more crossdressers than we think we do. Have you ever met another man that was not open to anyone as far as you know that you were just positive crossdressed. I think that if we paid attention we would all notice lots of people who likely crossdress but are like the majority of the rest of us and keep it all secret.

Sheri 4242
07-08-2007, 01:13 AM
both statements are ablolutely true... Imagine if you are in a mall, I imagine at least 5 percent or more of the men regularly wear a pair of panties!

Some studies have put the number at 10% -- and that figure gets quoted the most. Personally, I think the figure is much higher (20% to 25%).

Regardless, how many U.S. Presidents have waltzed around the Oval Office in a Ball Gown after midnight??? :rofl:

:ukflag: For our friends across the pond, I'm not even going there -- I mean, how long is your history with men wearing kilts -- or men wearing capri styled pants with tights? And lacey blouses?

H'mmm -- am I describing the UK or Early America -- sounds like how Washington, Franklin, et al dressed, doesn't it? :D

And J Edgar Hoover . . . :thinking:

sandra-leigh
07-08-2007, 01:25 AM
:ukflag: For our friends across the pond, I'm not even going there -- I mean, how long is your history with men wearing kilts

Not so long. Only one confirmed reference before 1600 -- not an ancient tradition at all. I posted the historical analysis link in the "Men with skirts" topic.

Fab Karen
07-08-2007, 03:11 AM
I think a lot more people do than I will ever know, but I will probably never know that those people do.

Hang out in the men's clothing dept. of a store. Notice women by themselves buying men's underwear. Wonder how many are actually buying for a man?:happy:

Emma England
07-08-2007, 03:34 AM
I avoid the men's underwear department, so wouldn't know whether there were men or women there.

Ekatcha
07-08-2007, 03:40 AM
Hang out in the men's clothing dept. of a store. Notice women by themselves buying men's underwear. Wonder how many are actually buying for a man?:happy:

Dear god, why would they want to? I hate that crap! Ohh, but wait a minute, stop the presses! I get it... =)

The only others I know who actively cross the gender line as defined by society are right here in this forum. Then again I don't know many people for one and none I really suspect really. Well, ok... maybe one... but not really. He's just out of HS and wears black enamel, dies his hair bright red and rights in semi-runic script. I don't think him a kindred soul... but at least he's broached the nail polish at work issue ahead of me. =)

MarinaTwelve200
07-08-2007, 08:21 AM
Some studies have put the number at 10% -- and that figure gets quoted the most. Personally, I think the figure is much higher (20% to 25%).

I tend to agree. I have picked up bits and peices of "clues" from many guys I know, and would go with the higher percentage. Also I would contend that NEARLY every man has CDed, to some extent, at least ONCE in his life---be it at the hands of an older sister, a halloween costume, a school play or skit or even a prank or joke---not to mention those of us with a natural tendancy for CD on our own.

Given that there are several reasons for or "perks" to CDing, including non sexual based ones , like "thrill seeking" or "escapisim", likely may account for the higher numbers, percentage-wise, than what we may expect.

Say 8-10% of men may be "fem-sider" CDs (having a need to express their fem side) a similar percentage may be "escapist" Cds (personal identity 'getaway' types) and not to mention those who may use CD for thrill seeking or fetish reasons---The percentage of men who ocasionally dress in womens clothing, for whatever reason (if even in secret) may astound us.

chucks
07-08-2007, 10:30 AM
also there are still other reasons. a large part of it for me is spiritual exercise. if i can go out in boy mode wearing a dress, buy panties, etc. it makes me vulnerable and that's where the magic happens.

stormrider
07-08-2007, 11:58 AM
I don't, wish I did.

SweetCaroline
07-08-2007, 03:16 PM
I don't, wish I did.

I didn't say YOU knew ANOTHER man who cross-dress. I meant everyone YOU know knows a man who cross-dresses.

Get it?:p